New Politics Thread

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by Falc, May 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I was meaning to say, she's in the 3rd grade. It appears each generation the focus on problem solving is delayed till later grades. They are claiming that the children's brains are not adapted for the complexities and that delaying this means they pick it up faster later on. I disagree. Delaying it just makes it delayed. Ever look at the face of some liberal arts grad who can make a mean leaf pattern on your latte when the register doesn't give him the exact change to return to you? Try paying with coins next time and not plastic just to mess with them, lol

It's an epidemic.

lol, writing those complex formulas in the sand with a stick must have been a real pain in the ass. But at least it build good visual recall! Who wants to do that over and over again.

Do kids even memorize phone #'s anymore these days? I had one who needed to look his own up in order to give it to me.

Midfield General and Falc repped this.
  2. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Speed dialing has messed it up for us old guys as well. I have no idea the numbers for my sisters' cell phones. Problem when you no longer dial a number. Then again, waiting for that rotary to kick back stuck in your mind.

3. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Math is also some people are just not good at. I remember when I was trying to major in alternative energy I would spend everyday after class in the "math hut" trying to figure things out it helped till I completely hit the wall. I couldnt keep up. I really liked science learning about concepts and such. Geology was my favorite.

To bad my catholic school teachers instead of helping me let the other kids in the class laugh at me when id make mistakes at the white board. Teachers these days are also trash.

4. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    So for those of you who follow electoral politics in the US...

So many democratic states have voted to have their electoral votes go to the winner of the popular vote....

It seems to me like Trump's strategy should be winning the popular vote rather than swing States, or an I missing something?

I know he lost the popular vote last time, while focusing on the rust belt. Now he doesn't really even need Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin. He just needs to focus on somehow winning the nationwide popular vote and he'd get more than enough electoral votes from the democratic states to win easily.

Or am I missing something?

5. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    That's an absolute horse shit limiting belief. If you were Asian, and I'm talking first gen, and you told your Dad that, you'd get kung fu'd in the head. You'd be sitting there getting your shit together real quick before he took the nun chucks out. People are just getting softer and quit easier. Math is the basis of all science and logic.

Many are. And that's a big problem.

6. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Other than Maine, that is already the case. Whoever wins the state popular vote gets the electoral votes. Maine has it split by counties. Clinton got 8.7 million votes in California compared to Trump's 4.4 million. She picked up all 55 electoral college votes for California. Take away the California vote and Trump wins the popular vote as well.

7. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Well if Trump campaigns in a few states he can't win, just to win the popular vote. He's got it made. No presidential campaign has never had any reason to aim for a popular vote victory.

Is there any talk out there, for those of you who follow this stuff, that Trump doesn't really need to care about Florida, for example?

8. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Trust me there is some shit in life people can try and try at and never be good enough at to do. I busted my ass but there was never a way I could of dedicated even more time back then without letting my other classes suffer.

9. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    You believe that to be true and therefore it is.

You didn't have the right input or approach/help and you may not have become an Alessandro Volta, but you could have come to understand and be more than competent at it with a better attitude and some competent tutoring. Too many people have this attitude that math is too hard. They fail before they even begin

Pietro Calcio repped this.
  10. Midfield General

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He'll absolutely need to win Florida.

No Florida no party.

11. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I got all the way to pre cal ? If I wanted a career in an engineering field my math skills would never been up to par. A guy can practice soccer everyday and never become a pro.

12. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    You don't need to become a pro.

Pietro Calcio repped this.
  13. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    No he doesn't. If he wins the nationwide popular vote he still wins easy. Or am I understanding it wrong?

14. Midfield General

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It goes by electoral votes not popular votes or am I understanding you wrong?

15. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    The way I understand it is that several democratic bastion states and DC have passed laws proclaiming that those states' electoral votes are going to go to the winner of the popular vote.

So, if he could win the popular vote he could lose Florida, Michigan etc and still win big as he'd get California, New York etc...

I don't watch the news so I was just curious if there was much talk about a completely new strategy to not so much focus on battleground states (as they're not as important) and just try to cast a wider net and aim for the nationwide popular vote.

Midfield General repped this.
  16. Midfield General

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Understood. I can't say. Like you I really don't watch news either. Any news I do consume I read and then it's almost never politics just things that interest me.

Calcio Pauly and NickyViola repped this.
  17. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I'm in the same boat as you two. My news on politics mostly comes from this thread, mostly Falvo now, Falc and Chooch as the most reputable sources :D with toadyfan for the shits and giggles.

Midfield General and Pietro Calcio repped this.
  18. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    It's unconstitutional. The electoral college decides the presidency. How stupid for these small states passing legislation to make your state irrelevant. Do you think anyone would visit Maine? Nope. I don't want California deciding the presidency

19. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    The electoral college will decide. They're just voting to have their states' electors vote for the winner of the national popular vote. It's stupid as hell (for/by the Democrats) but I've heard it's an actual thing.

20. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    As I wrote before, the popular vote of a state decides who wins that state's electoral votes. That has been the case for some time. I think only the early elections where the electoral college acted independently and even then, I think the influence was by popular vote. I think what you may be referring to is those states that have passed legislation that requires their electoral votes to be decided by the national popular vote, which in theory would make the state constituents votes irrelevant.

21. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Well no shizz, falc. I've said as much like three or four times.

Jaysus

22. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    But that is still state by state and has no affect on other states. What is stupid about the whole thing is that it is Democratic states that will go Democrat anyway, so they are not changing anything. And you know if Trump was to win the popular vote, they would not give him the votes anyway. There will be legal challenges.

23. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    BTW, I had to research what you were writing about. There has been a push to eliminate the electoral college but I had no idea that some states were giving their rights away with this stupidity.

Rossonero23 and NickyViola repped this.
  24. Pietro Calcio

Pietro Calcio Member+

Jul 28, 2007
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  25. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    According to well-informed sources, Iran rejected a proposal by US intelligence – made via a third party – that Trump be allowed to bomb one, two or three clear objectives, to be chosen by Iran, so that both countries could appear to come out as winners and Trump could save face. Iran categorically rejected the offer and sent its reply: even an attack against an empty sandy beach in Iran would trigger a missile launch against US objectives in the Gulf.

https://ejmagnier.com/2019/06/21/iran-and-trump-on-the-edge-of-the-abyss/