New Politics Thread

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by Falc, May 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not justifying abortion. I'm pro-life. What I am fully against is the kind of shitty arguments that most pro-life people engage in to fear-monger. For thousands of women a year, there isn't a "you don't want a baby, don't have one" mentality. In abusive relationships or assaulted by strangers, rape as an exclusion makes perfect sense to normal people.

As for my six-month argument, you didn't even have the intellectual capacity to bring up adoptions, or - heaven forbid - a strong social safety net that wouldn't cause poverty for having a child.

Then there is the decision to abort, even late-term, a nonviable fetus that threatens the life of the mother. This happens thousands of times a year as well.

You want to have an argument to avoid elective abortions; I am probably more on your side than you think. But this insane scaremongering...you lot don't know what you're doing. You make moderate pro-life people hate you.

2. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I am sure cases can be made for unwanted pregnancy in the case of rape or assault but I’m assuming the percentages are very small.

Also, whether it’s justified or not, unless you are dumb, you will have had a procedure done or even examined right away as opposed to waiting for the 6th month and beyond. I mean if a woman has been raped and has to have an abortion, why would she wait so long before having one?

3. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This makes moderate pro-life people hate you.

4. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The percentages of abortions for women who have been raped is less than 1%.

Pro abortion activists have been using rape to justify it for as long as I remember.

It’s an excuse to make the procedure look good.

St. Michael's Sword repped this.
  5. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And your method of increasing support for your position is to belittle everyone else?

Like, do you understand how off-putting and alienating you are? Yes, you may disagree with the outcome, but you put zero effort into understanding why these women choose to have abortions. Nor do you seem terribly concerned when a person who is pro-life is so disgusted with the way you think about this issue.

6. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #15356 falvo, Feb 13, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    Everyone? How many women have abortions because they have been raped? Does anyone really know? I'm betting there are very few. You can argue even one is too many but still, regardless of this , how long does it take to figure it out?

Does it take 9 Months to figure it out that you need abortion after you were raped?

Even if they have to have the procedure done, why wait so long?

7. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    lol, I already saw that article long ago. 1% was way back then. It's shrunk since. You clearly just googled it. Totti fan, is that you? Anyway, if being an animal is your thing, just embrace it and do the right thing. Keep the real food around for real people, and keep eating your own shit. I mean, I just made you do it, and you didn't seem to object or dislike it in from what I can tell. Enjoy.

8. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    #15358 Calcio Pauly, Feb 13, 2019
    You've said that twice to two different people. It tells me a lot about you. For one, you're not well prepared. Putting up the first link in a Google search of "what's the % of abortions that are caused by rape!" was your giveaway. Secondly, you think shaming people will bend them to you view. Third, you'll lie about your position to try and win points. All shitty tactics. I think you need a better diet.

Maybe that thing where you justify what animals do as appropriate behavior for humans needs to be reconsidered.

Wow, way to defeat yourself. I can tell you're actually going to be much more fun than I initially thought. Oh and sure you are ;)

You just came in here and attacked him and belittled him, and put us all off, alienating us in the process. Fak, that's some shit (pun intended) self awareness there. You're not allowed to do that. He's ours. We gave you Totti fan you play with and you couldn't even keep him busy for more than a few posts. What's wrong with you?

Pietro Calcio repped this.
  9. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Moderate pro-life? Is that like having your cake and eating it too?

When I was younger, I use to think it was OK for the exception of rape and incest. But I evolved in my thinking. Life is life. In this case, we are discussing the most innocent of life. Do we terminate the life because of sins of others? No. Is it harsh for the mother? Yes. So are so many other things. But there is no justification to kill an innocent child.

10. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  11. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
  12. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes. Everyone can leave an abusive relationship immediately.

13. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #15363 falvo, Feb 13, 2019
    So for the sake of argument , let’s say abortion is justified in cases of rape. How long does it take to figure out you have been raped? Won’t everyone know whether they have been raped or not or wouldn’t they not know they got pregnant as a result of that rape?

I doubt it takes 7-9 months to figure out you are pregnant because you were raped. I mean unless you are stupid or lying to yourself about it.

14. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Falvo, stop taking her bait. Let big bad mummie brummie address the issue of demanding that humans behave like animals, or frame the debate around the less than 1% of women who have a legitimate gripe on wanting to kill the life within them.

15. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #15365 falvo, Feb 13, 2019
    All I ever read when it comes to defending abortion is incest and rape. It’s been the same story for as long as I remember. It’s just a cop out and an excuse to justify the procedure.

I’m a good catholic and I don’t believe in abortion but I’ll accept it in those cases but it’s still overblown. The amount of abortions caused by rape or incest are very low.

16. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Because that's what someone who is "pro life" wants to attack other "pro lifers" on. :rolleyes:

Did anyone she address say anything about complete inability to choice from the get go? Nope, but that's how she enters so let her defend it. She just trying to shame you into submission. Framing the debate around abusive relationships to justify murder at near term, then claiming one is pro-life, is one of the most positions on any debate I've seen in a long long time, and we've been subjected to totti fan rants for 4-5+ years now, haven't we?

And yes, the heart beats at 6 weeks despite rape, incest or the mother's life being at risk in any way due to any unforeseen complications later in term. It really really does, Brummie.

17. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
  18. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Personally I'd take a pair of nice Austrahyleeun board shorts rather than denim knickers, but to each their own :D

19. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    He asked a legitimate question.

Why would any woman wait 6 months after being raped to have an abortion?

20. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    How many of the less than 1% actually wait past 6 months, 2 or 3, maybe?

21. Pietro Calcio

Pietro Calcio Member+

Jul 28, 2007
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yes. Everyone in the US can have an abortion immediately.

22. Pietro Calcio

Pietro Calcio Member+

Jul 28, 2007
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    True talk

23. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Planned Parenthood is modern day eugenics. (https://www.liveaction.org/news/planned-parenthoods-connections-to-eugenics/)

The fact that pro-choice people argue for it so enthusiastically like you are not killing a child scares the shit out of me. You can come up with whatever metaphor you want, a child is a child. I have known men who were raised by single moms and turned out to be great men despite great difficulty. No matter your walk of life, you will have challenges of all shapes and sizes. If you perceive someone to have a tougher life from a parallax and think that because of someone having a tough lot in life they deserve to die before they are even born, it is a sad thing. A lot of the greatest people you will ever meet will be people who in the face of great difficulty accomplished and achieved noble things. Nobody wants to kill Chooch for having a dry gooch and nobody wants to kill Sal because of what Elvesuvio said about his mom and his correct views on protestors in Baltimore. God hands us great obstacles to test us and make us better people.

I have gone more pro-life as I get older. I have seen more women treat abortion as birth control more than any of the other arguments I have seen. Perhaps you can throw all sorts of statistics at me to convince me that what I see is wrong, but scientists and universities are boot lickers for grant money anyways.

24. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If the woman is in an abusive relationship, she might not be able to leave her home for months. Or leave without her abuser. It might take months for her to be removed from that situation. A friend of mine works in a shelter for abused spouses. This happens all the time.

Deleted User x repped this.
  25. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy