New Politics Thread

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by Falc, May 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Seems like cheating is the more effective method:

2. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
  3. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
  4. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
  5. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    So now the SCO not only qualifies as the largest political organization – by area and population – in the world; it also unites four nuclear powers. The G-7 is irrelevant, as the latest summit in Taormina made it clear. The real action now, apart from the G-20, also lays in this alternative G-8.

From an interesting piece on the rise of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (think the BRIC countries, minus Brasil) and the changing landscape of global geopolitics. Worth a read.

https://sputniknews.com/columnists/201706161054701807-west-cannot-smell-what-eurasia-cooking/

Deleted User x repped this.
  6. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I can see both perspectives so I'm not really siding with anyone. "Honor and glory to the victor." Understandably, Ukrainians want nothing to do with Russia and that's their right but they're trusting a giant snake with the West/Eu.

I work with a Ukrainian who is ethnic Russian who is delighted that Crimea is now in Russian hands. Ideally, the area should be partitioned.

The most comical aspect about all this is that the EU/West are supporting/ funding hardcore right wing Ultra nationalists who have open Nazi and anti-Semitic views. More proof that the West will throw in with absolutely anyone if it fits their geo-political agenda.

I don't know if the Uke's are smart enough to realize they're just pawns on the grand chess board

7. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    I feel bad for the Ukrainians but their own government was going to allow a NATO base right on Russia's doorstep. Russia acted in self defense by annexing all that territory.
    However, many soldiers fighting for Russia are Trotskyists and Stalinists from South America and other parts of Europe who are there to kill Ukrainian nationalists. I've read how there are portraits of Stalin in the streets of the newly annexed lands.
    So, like you, I'm not really siding with anyone. Especially because the Ukraine is Western backed.

indestructible repped this.
  8. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Exactly. What's happening in Ukraine is similar to the Spanish civil war in that it's attracting many foreign fighters.

But when you really see who's pulling the strings, their involvement becomes a joke. Up is down, and left is right and nothing makes any sense. People just want a war to fight because it gives a good purpose to live. It doesn't matter what uniform their wearing

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-ukraine-crisis-spaniards-idUSKBN0G81VX20140808

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ernment-to-a-showdown/?utm_term=.271233a6d928

shizzle787 and Deleted User x repped this.
  9. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
  10. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    Honestly... how did Rand not get elected.. it was such a shame to see him get knocked out so early and see that trash Rubio get so far when he barely did his job as a senator.

Fun fact... everything Ted Cruz campaigned on... Rand Paul actually did it in the senate, he proposed lots of legislation and kept on top of stuff but the msm let Ted get all the glory.

Its even funnier to see conservatives glorifying Ted when he has a habit of just piggybacking what Rand does when it's convenient for him.

This song will never stop being relevant.

whill4, Deleted User x and NickyViola repped this.
  11. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina

Jimmy's right on about the sorry state of the press in this country. And card-carrying Dems who I talk to get legitimately incensed and outraged if anyone dares to call WaPo, NYT and CNN biased or fake news.

Starts at 8:06

12. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
  13. Midfield General

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rand isn't pro-Jesus enough.

14. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    and he's anti-war which is a death-knell for politicians in the US

Deleted User x repped this.
  15. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    what about those who are at risk (ie old) or who have pre-existing conditions?

16. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    ]

it would probaly be more... I would like to see him clarify this, of course the mainstream news does not ask him... they dont want us learning anything... they like us on our knees.

That is why Jesus is so big... the church keeps you on your knees.

17. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    its ironic that for a long time in this country... anti war gave you a huge following.. Now Neo Libs and Neo Cons have sold war to the masses so much that it's considered a backbone of american politics.

Most troops who have already been out on tour don't want to fight but baby boomers and gen xers are always so quick to ship them off because Hillary, McCain, Romney, Bush, Bill, all said so... of course these politicians do not make these decisions, rather their handlers do.

Of course going off to war is very appealing if you live in a broken family in the united state... which many young american boys do. I would trade war over my situation in a heart beat.

life is shit.

totti fan repped this.
  18. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

19. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    bring back conscription and public opinion will change very quickly

20. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    of course it will be more, under the free market system the old and infirm are too inefficient to contribute to society and so must be left to die.

21. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    Sad! Petro Dollar decides who is the bad guy these days. Everyone knows Saudis are the biggest exporters... but our economy would collapse without them selling the petrol dollar.

Neocons made a deal with the devil a long time ago.

22. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    Except Israel of course.

23. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    Perhaps it was the Saudi's who made a deal with the devil.

24. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    They are our greatest ally tho... they are allowed to

25. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    The people concerned about them will voluntarily give to religious/charitable organizations which will make sure they're taken care of, same as always.

Falc repped this.