New NT coach

Discussion in 'China' started by ruazn2, Jun 15, 2011.

1. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    i wouldn't be surprised that singapore could pull a surprise against china :rolleyes:

seriously, another friendly needs to be arranged before the singapore game so the old man could test the water.

2. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    That doesn't suprise me. If your a new coahc to the team, the last thing you want is the last national coach looking over you.

Camacho should have a lengthy discussion with him but then break away. If the CFA are moving direction, then Camacho shouldn't be bringing the old guard with him

3. Only_ONE_United

Nov 30, 2008
    Vancouver/Hong Kong
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    On first day of training with players

Camacho: Ok guys, so we are going to play your proven 5-4-1 formation. Where is Hao HaiDong? Can I have him up playing up front? Or is he still with Schalke?

Hao Junmin: ............

4. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    [​IMG]

I come to maintain the tradition of third round elimination.

5. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    On the second day of training,

Camacho was yelling out name for attendance.

Camacho: Wrong Hao (Rong Hao)
    *Rong Hao raises hand*

Camacho: You High (Yu Hai)
    *Yu hai scratches his hairdo*

Camacho: Wrong The Lay (Wang Dalei)
    *Wang Dalei does the East Coast sign and says yo whaddup dawg*

Camacho: Wrong Yen (Wang Yang)
    *Wang Gang, Wang Yang (Cercle Bruggle), and Wang Yang (Suduva) raise hand*

good luck Camacho :rolleyes:

6. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008
    I remember Wei Di said something about Spain being the kind of soccer style he thought China should model after. That's probably the rationale behind this hire.

Like most posters here, I think it's the wrong timing and the wrong person. But if it's contractual obligation for the CFA to hire a foreign coach, then it's better now when China is still in the early rounds than later. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for China.

7. Zhou Botong

Zhou Botong Member

Oct 15, 2007
    I heard on radio Singapore that the contract between Camacho and CFA is for three years regardless of whether the national team qualifies for WC 2014. I said "wow" if it's true the term is very much skewed in favour of the coach. This begs the question as to why much better coaches did not jump at such a juicy offer.

I don't want to sound long winded but can't help asking again what Camacho is expected to do in the 3 years if China fails to qualify for WC 2014. Asian Cup 2015 and WC 2018 are more than 3 years away. So Camacho will spend 3 years preparing China for nothing. And what's his pay again?:rolleyes:

8. jaredk

jaredk Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    I dun like this move too. Gao was doing fine given the constraints upon him, why rock the boat? Hopefully' im proven wron but this smacks of short term thinking.

9. jaredk

jaredk Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    concur, the fundamentals of the game in china is shaky coupled with wellknown external influences, getting a worldclass manager will not do much to change that

10. jaredk

jaredk Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    thats why im pissed at this kind of short term planning. Back when france won the wc, many nations started to look at their system. Now with spain's victory, their tiki taka football becomes flavor of the season. Are we gonna change after every wc? More crucially can we? Even barca took decades with their youth academy and scouting young talents to arrive at the present model. Hiring a spanish with no background in chinese football? Doesnt work that way.

i will support the team as always, just really dumbfounded atm.

11. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    [​IMG]

Gao Hongbo is making Team China successful? No no no...I am gonna twist Team China's fate like a towel to make you Chinese fans cry.

12. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    [​IMG]

用錢買災難.

13. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    [​IMG]

Made in China quality: looks nice on the outside, but it's actually crap, much like Camucho.

14. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    This Camacho signing smells fishy to me. Won't surprise me if somebody in CFA got kickbacks from this.

15. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008

That's basically what Chengb was insinuating. I wish he was more forthright with any substantiated evidence. :D

I trust Wei Di. But if I didn't, I would think this whole thing is fishy too. That guy in ntg's first pic this page, just by his appearance, looks very fishy.

16. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008
    OK I'll bite. Which Singapore radio station? :D

17. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008

I hear you.

Should have sent more people to Brazil 100 something years ago. Back then the Brazilian gov actually asked China to send people there to help develop Brazil. China declined, or just didn't do much about it. So Brazil turned to Japan, and Japan sent boatloads of people over. With the benefit of hindsight, very unfortunate short-term thinking of China soccer then. :D

18. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Well what will he bring to the table? A regular's signature tells you exactly what he can bring: "Attitude is Everything". :) Being an outsider has its disadvantages in a new football culture but think back to Hiddink at SK, he came in and told the vets to respect the rookies and pretty much said you will make the team based on performance instead of seniority. That seems to have really lit a fire in the players and pushed them to a new level. With the money paid, i would hope CFA had enough brains to get a believable plan out of him during his interview.

I agree with you that he may have nothing to lose if he fails, but if he succeeds the potential for his coaching career is massive... the man who led China out of football darkness? The one to properly qualify for the WC without any omissions like in 02. The one who finally lead China to good consistent records against the big Asian opponents (JPN, SK, IRN, AUS, SAU). Surely if he can qualify for WC14 he would instantly be remembered as the best NT manager in history especially considering the level of competition has increased so much in the region.

19. Zhou Botong

Zhou Botong Member

Oct 15, 2007
    Doesn't matter which station if it's true. Singapore is suddenly very interested in Chinese soccer again after a lapse of 20 odd years. We are in the same group remember? Ha ha the "we" is rather ambiguous. Is it "we China" or "we Singapore"? You will know when I start posting again in the NT thread.

20. Zhou Botong

Zhou Botong Member

Oct 15, 2007
    No point talking anymore. 米以成饭
    Lets hope Camacho rice is tasty and nutritious all the way to Brazil 2014.

21. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008
    Does Kenzhi know?

Given the zero expectation out there, he might actually outperform.

22. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    who's that guy in the first pic?

I think Wei Di is clean too, but you'll just never know. There's so much money involved.

23. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Guess you're talking about me huh Fever...hehe

Another thing Camacho brings to the table is his know-how and experience. Camacho and his team are now appointed by CFA to be "chief designer" of China's youth system. This could potentially be wayyyy more valuable than qualifying for the WC IMO.

What I really like about Camacho is that during the press conference he said China's football population is way too low. I really like that -- he recognizes the underlying problem right at the get-go. I'm now starting to think he may be worth the money after all. Let's see how they are going to solve the problem.

24. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Wooo, it doesn't take a genius to think that, a billion live in China yet you can go to a game with only 5,000 people, can i have his wage now?

So he can talk about the population, but what of the players?

Is he going to be a media friendly nice coach who doesn't know the Chinese game but can work the media?

If they really wanted a guy to build up from grassroots to top, then i think Troussier would have been the man.

But hey, let's hope Camacho can deliver. I'd like to see him on the world stage again. I liked him as Spain coach although the English media did like to point out his sweaty pits all the time. I hope he can deliver, I think the first group phase will help him mould into the job, after that, he really has to get the job done. China in Brazil with luck can happen.

25. ruazn2

ruazn2 Member

Jul 25, 2006
    California
    Club:
    Shanghai Shenhua
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    On a slight side note, CFA also hired Jan Olde Riekerink form Ajax as the youth team coach (U-18). Before this, he was the director of youth development for AFC Ajax.