Alert: New Mod For Arg. forum

Discussion in 'Argentina' started by devilman, Jul 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    As alway's Moishe i'm delighted you could offer you perspective , I'm glad i can count on you ,Viejo Matias, ASF, and elbp for your level-headedness and sincere comment ..

I'd already had this thread up before I PM'd you Moishe so i'm not ignoring your advice, as far as being civil I will because I have absolutely nothing to say to that dude....
    That being said I'll get straight to the point , as I've stated earlier my intention/motivation for all this did come out in spite of efer's posts . However many posters have told me that it would be a great idea to have another mod for our board . Not only to moderate but to help evoke more much needed intelligent conversation , and to help keep traffic here at optimum levels .
    In short; What do you think about adding another good quality mod to our board ?(my beef w/ efer notwithstanding).. Right. you've already answered that.. Good call Moishe.... Because it's always fun to come in and read your post's along w/ the news and perspective you bring about Argentina , Boca etc. etc....

2. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    nothing good can be created out hate!

he called dislike and other negative words, his very opening statement was full of lies.

a cruzade out of few words....grow up!
    I can not stay on the sideline all day long, you play with my name all day long, I want to kick some words too.

Must remember that any mod is a regular poster, before any other consideration, and the argentine forum, is one if not the easiest one to moderate (I was in mexico after the boicott of 2002 and some other nasty places in BS...at times) and you guys set an example for a cyber community

no estoy lambiendo ni haciendo amigos....ya los tengo y agradesco todas las respuestas positivas de las ultimas 3 paginas (mas unos pocos PMs de solidaridad!)

your mod: eferna

3. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So why the trolling on your part?? and you call me a liar ? did you or didn't you and all your ignorant paisa's troll in the Uruguay forum , w/, me ,guri, and , manya taking all your crap...

and these are your words; "el argentino de boca no te visita mas? 911 pants down.....

......why even call me out in the Uruguay thread????? is it because, you think
    I'am an Argentino que siempre quiso ser Uruguayo??? WTF??
    Eres un payaso y no te mando a p-- que te pario , porque me sacas otra tarjeta mas! No tenes nada para contribuir aca sos mas bo--do que dos palomas! No conoces nuestro futbol , ni nuestros costumbres ni menos nuestro's logros,exitos o talentos....

Btw you say i hate ,, i don't hate you , but i dislike you. There is a difference , but once again you are too much of a mental-midget to decipher between the two..

....and you tell me to grow up Pfft, yeah. Mirate en el espejo forro pinchado..

4. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I just wanted to also say that I have a long memory. Back during the last World Cup a blogger at bigsoccer posted in the front page some pictures that were offensive to Argentina. When Argentine fans complained, they basically gave us the finger. But you were one of the few mods who actually supported us and I remember that you strongly rallied for our side. Even though in the end we were ignored, and the people in charge justified it as a matter of free speech, I don't forget your part in that incident, in trying to help get the offensive material removed.

That is why I was shocked that anybody would say that you disrespect Argentina.

5. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I haven't seen pictures of her, but I have a feeling from the way she posts that she must be cute.

But seriously, it looks like the regular posters here are cool with RacingGirl becoming the new mod, if she wants to. Do we agree on that?

6. El_Gaucho

El_Gaucho New Member

Apr 22, 2007
    La Plata
    Just my two cents,

I can't comment on efernan since I really don't follow his posts.

But I agree with devilman that the moderating in the Argentina forums has been sub-par compared to other forums, for example, the brazil forum. From my history on BS since 2001, I have seen a lot of crap get posted on the Argentina forums and nobody does anything. I don't understand why we allow that to happen. It sours the forum and has ruined a lot of nice topics when some troll comes along and says a bunch of crap and the "moderators" just leave it there.

I would be ok with RacingGirl moderating - but she would have to make sure crap gets taken down. :mad:

7. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    you need look no further than efer....

BTW , you and me are not the only ones who feel that way.. I , have received a few other responses from other board members who agree , but haven't publicly come forward yet... Glaring need for a another mod ? yes of course,, since we Argentines are so easy to mod. Especially if he ignores the trolls and forum almost completely till someone brings it to his attention.. He being a troll himself i wouldn't expect him to act, just like he implies "I'll take seat on the sideline" ....

Not to turn this into a pissing contest, but maybe you if he stays in the Colombia and other beisball forums it would be for his paisas own benifit that he focus more energy on the Betancout , Farc , and other beisball threads were he is needed...

And that my friends would be a positive benefit for us all .. Can I geta' Amen???.....:cool:

8. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

I think it also helps the moderators a lot if we take the time to report the genuinely crappy and offensive posts and the trolls when we see them. All it takes is a click at the bottom of the post.

On the other hand, I've seen in the political boards that some people go overboard and report everything they don't like and dissagree with. I think in here we can hopefully use common sense, and allow for some decent jokes and cargadas but at the same time make it clear to the trolls that their crap won't be tolerated here.

Anyway, I'm sending a PM to RacingGirl, as everybody seems to be cool with her, and if she agrees to do it, I will make the request for the addition to the bigsoccer powers. I'll keep you all posted.

9. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think that having a "millonario" mod would help to like "balance the force", however i'm ok with RacingGirl being a new mod.

Thanks devilman for having me in consideration but i must reject the offer, there's a lot of people in here that have been a member for longer, and i think they deserve it before me, plus i don't think i'd know what to do.

10. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I remember the photo of the German kids burning the flag that you are referring to and it was total bullshit. Efernandez was one of maybe two mods that even spoke up. To me that counts for something.

I'm good with Alicia being a mod in our forum as long as she wants to do it and has the time. Look at it from this angle, her being a mod would be the biggest accomplishment for Racing Club in how long?:eek::D

11. RacingGirl

RacingGirl Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 8, 2005
    SoCal
    Club:
    Racing Club de Avellaneda
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The people have spoken, I humbly accept the nomination.

If the big cheese approves it, i'll give it a go. :)

Insert:[​IMG]

12. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well, they did manage to avoid relegation. That's an accomplishment :D

13. RacingGirl

RacingGirl Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 8, 2005
    SoCal
    Club:
    Racing Club de Avellaneda
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I already warned moishe, Racing smack = 20 infraction points, dont make me start passing out yellow cards.

PS: sorry about the triplicate email, i got disconnected.:eek:

14. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I heard RacingGirl talk bad about Batistuta and Argentina in another thread. :eek:.. Oh, and about Jesus too. NO TO RACINGGIRL!

In all seriousness, I say yes to the RacingGirl 2008 campaign. Honestly, does anyone on BigSoccer have a problem with her? She's "anti-social", supports a small club, and now likes to hug trees! What more could you ask for? :D

15. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ok, I sent a PM to Dark Knight, (he's the guy who recruited me as a mod), and I told him that we would like to add another mod for our forum, and that our consensus choice is RacingGirl.

So, I'll keep you all posted when he replies.

16. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
    I have been reading the posts in this thread and have given it the time to evolve into something positive that the majority of you, that care for the Argentina boards, could share for the rest of us to conclude.

This doesn't mean that I agreed with any of the personal attacks on Efer from Devilman, nor did I intend to alienate subsequent posts by saying so. I have been a poster for a while in BS, and Efer was always someone that took care of our interests in these boards.

From day (minus) one, I was asked to be impartial as a mod. I have tried so since then and intend to let the rope extend as long as there is no trolling nor personal insults thrown. There is a specific nature in the argentine club fan, there is an institution called "la gastada" that does deserve a place in these boards, and which many others would still consider trolling.

Hopefully those objectives have helped frame the boards in the past few months. The maturity and knowledge of the posters in the Argentine boards are the essence for the thoughtful and civil disgreements we can have here and there.

Devilman could have had something that he took personal with Efer. I really wished this could had been solved thru PMs before the added words took it too far. Beyond that, there seems to be a generalized agreement that another mod for these pages is needed. I support that idea too, which doesn't disqualify nor overlooks Efer's efforts nor his experience to supervise.

Most of you might not know, but I had a 3 week vacation during May, travelling South America. It was my first long vacation in more than 8 years. I informed Efer of this, and he was prompt to be 100% dedicated to our forums. Now, I recently moved away from Miami Beach to relocate in Central America. While getting settled, and getting my new apartment tomorrow, yes TOMORROW, I have got a ************ internet capability, which meant I couldn't be 8-10 hrs a day near my pc like I used to while in the US. That will change starting next week, when the cable company installs my permannet service. But in all these process, Efer has been alert of the boards. His experience in moderating has been crucial.

In conclusion, I agree we can have another mod in these boards. I also like the idea of Racing Girl, moreso now that she has agreed to becoming a Mod. Will talk to Efer and ASF thru PMs to see how we can get this to happen.

Lets try to keep these boards intelligent, passionate and above all TROLL FREE. We are all here because we love our teams, our footie and take pride of everything that surrounds the history of argentine football. Lets keep focused on adding to these boards, of being tolerant ... and of course helping us moderate without turning us into "vigilantes". :D

Cheers.

17. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    "Lets try to keep these boards intelligent, passionate and above all TROLL FREE. We are all here because we love our teams, our footie and take pride of everything that surrounds the history of argentine football. Lets keep focused on adding to these boards, of being tolerant ... and of course helping us moderate without turning us into "vigilantes".

Cheers."

Well said Vipnerd.

18. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    1. It works both ways + he is a mod ,so in essence he of all people should have known better..
    2. Please re-read post #23
    3. (sarcasm)...Well pilgrim , when i see injustice i like to pull out my trusty six-gun and regulate were i feel its needed..[​IMG]

19. El_Gaucho

El_Gaucho New Member

Apr 22, 2007
    La Plata
    Thanks to RacingGirl for accepting the mod position!!

Looking forward to some fun discussions in the future

20. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    RacingGirl >>>>> ObamaGirl :p

RacingGirl 2008 lol, I'm glad you have decided to accept the offer

21. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Is this a done deal? Have the Super Mods and Admin given this the a ok? If so congrats to RacingGirl!

22. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I skimmed through the thread. I was asked to make an opinion so, ok.
    I don't know whose being labeled, so I have no opinion on that. However, I always felt this forum needed more moderators, especially one that was Argentinian of sorts. I give it to Racing Girl or Moishe. I like Moishe's post, they indicate a good shoulder to rely on.

Of course if RacingGirl becomes a mod, she will get rid of all of you and be mine. I'm sorry but that's just the way it is. Women with power flock to me.

23. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    WAIT A MINUTE! No one asked me if I wanted Racing Girl as a mod!! I resoundedly OBJECT to her moderatorship, wholeheartedly!

Also I would like to inform all the posters that she was POSITIVE REPPED me in an attempt to get my VOTE! YES GENTLEMEN, you heard me right. She has been waging this secret campaign to gain control of the boards since right after Argentina Brazil game.

Again I would like to reinforce my NO VOTE and begin a dissenting thread immediately! What are we Argentina? How are we going to have a woman as a moderator!

Sorry Racing Girl, you can try and POSITIVE REP me again but its NOT going to work. I'm going to stick to my ideals and beliefs. Please if you agree with me PM with your information and opinion. This way I can organize a dissenting group with our own candidate for MOD.

Thank you.

NYC COSMOS

24. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    La institucion del "gaste" o la "gastada" ha hecho que mi gen Argentino se active! Es algo no facil de dominar y es casi como un instinto en un Argentino/a.

Teniendo eso en cuenta quisiera darle su felicitaciones merecidas a Racing Girl como "Moderator Elect" y desearte buena suerte! :D

PD. No seas tan anti patica y mandame tu nombre por PM asi al menos te puedo saludar de primer nombre! ok? estamos? :mad:

25. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    Wait a minute...

you mean Racing Girl is a (Gasp).. WOMAN?