New Marquette Soccer Park?

Discussion in 'Milwaukee' started by illwauk, Feb 3, 2010.

1. illwauk

illwauk Member

Mar 27, 2007
    Milwaukee
    I remember reading a awhile back about Marquette building a soccer specific stadium with money from an alumnus' donation? Does anyone know what's going on with that? And if it's still being built, does anyone know the capacity?

I ask because while I know it won't be enough for a MLS club, I'm hoping it'll at least be suitable for a USL/NASL franchise. I know the Rampage and Wave United didn't work for various reasons, but I think a huge part of the problem was that they both played in isolated areas that were out of reach for a lot of fans (especially for people without access to a car). Playing near downtown would give such a club a chance to inject themselves into the community that neither of their predecessors really had.

2. K-sWeise

K-sWeise Member

Aug 7, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    I dont know if this deserves its own thread due to lack of activity on here, but from what I hear the MKE Mile has pretty much shut down. The Mile was an option to be used as a stadium in more hopeful times. I don't know enough about it, but I would assume that is good news for a hosting a team. Anyone know any details?

3. dasisgood

dasisgood New Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    no way in he!! milw will get any sort of team untill the wave shuts down ! Tozer , even now has to much to lose and he (along with his group of people) will not allow any competition in town !
    the milw. mile option was IMO a great option, however i believe if milw. ever wants a mls team we shouldnt beg for it ! When/ if milw ever becomes an option, they need to build a top flight stadium near water street area between marquette and uwm ! the land originally wanted for a stadium north of the bradley center is still vacant ! funny how at the time the city was told the stadium would cost them $0.00 , all the city needed to do was donate the land, the reply (years ago) was that they needed that land for the milw. bucks new training center !! I wonder what ever happened to that !!?
    Bottom line , MILWAUKEE SUCKS BIG TIME !!!
    There goodolboys network of people are all matress stuffing dolts that cannot see 1week into the future ! and, when madison ends up getting a team im movin' there !
    I really wish someone would do some sort of story on the crap the milw area polotitions shovel out on a daily basis !

4. K-sWeise

K-sWeise Member

Aug 7, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    a new mayor would help. not saying anything about the current's policies at all, but he won't be any help unless he takes a drastic turn. also there is no way madison is getting a team before we do. just saying.

5. dasisgood

dasisgood New Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Ya know....... Just thinkin here but.... UW Madison is in desperate need of new soccer facilities . Now, the argument you often hear is that soccer is a non revenue generating sport right? So they cant justify spending without a timely return in the investment!?
    IDEA: Build a MLS stadium in mad-town ! Have the school build it and use it for the college teams and "rent it to MLS " for a madison team !? Some sort of Joint venture ! Hell Even call them the badgers . Not only do i think just the idea of this is interesting i would love to see the reaction of the
    Jokers in milwaukee that rejected the idea in the past.It would most definately cause competition between milw. and madison ! Then maybe milw. would wise up and jump on board with the idea !? Thoughts , Ideas ?