Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Korea' started by Seol Korea, Jun 15, 2017.
What? $4 million for the 4-year term?
You really thought Jung Mong-gyu was going to cough up $4 million per year?
Roughly 14minutes left, the moment we've all been waiting for.
Are you insane? No it isn't.
KFA will never be able to hire any decent European manager on a measly $1million per year.
Stating the obvious.
FWIW, when I interview people (after culling the list), I want them to be well prepared as that makes a lasting impression. Bringing his entire staff to the meeting and showing professionalism should not be discounted at all.
My understanding is that it was to augment the funds available to pay for the manager's wages in the KFA budget.
As well as his coaching staff.
KFA are a bunch of retarded delusional morons
what if Bento wore flip flops and a pussy riot t-shirt?
going strictly by reports bilic is the one who asked for 4m per. bento has accomplished more than bilic. if the consensus right now is that kfa is overpaying for bento why should they extra-overpay for bilic? because he appears on british television and grows a better beard? makes no sense
You're going in for an interview, not chillout and have fun.
Is Bento really more accomplished than Bilic right now?
Anyways, I think Bento's facial hair > Bilic's facial hair.
That's how I feel too. Moreover, Bilic, at the end of his tenure at WHAM, looked like a tortured soul. I can see him have that look after the Asian Cup before the WCQs even started if he came to the KNT.
Bento has fallen farther down in recent times. But in the aggregate, you could argue that he's accomplished more.
I wake up and all of a sudden it's Bento? Was he even rumoured???
Stielike ran off with $2 million after three years of shit show, Bilic will be an even bigger fraud if he were to fail within four years.
if korea can give senileike 3 years they can give anyone 4 years
As Plan B, same time when the Quique - Bilic rumors were out.
I'm coming to terms with the Bento box appointment...
1. Halilhodzic - in all seriousness, why is he bringing a litigation claim against the JFA? When I'm hiring someone, and I know the candidate sued his/her former employer, I'm highly likely to pass on the candidate. Unless you didn't get paid, why bring a claim? It's just asking to get blacklisted. And as much as there's great rivalry with Japan, the KFA does need to cooperate and work along with the JFA to navigate the cesspool that is the AFC (at both the club, national level (male and female)).
2. Bilic - his wage demand, if true, was crazy. He is still within the same tier of managers as Bento, if not one tier above. But that doesn't mean he deserves the wages of a top two tier manager.
3. Quique - the way he's holding out, I believe he wants to wait it out for a good club opportunity. He was a reach candidate for us, and it's good to see that we put in an honest effort to solicit him.
4. CQ - hell no. So happy we don't have to claw our eyes out.
5. Klinsmann - huge relief this candidacy went nowhere in the spring.
The alternative that I even thought of was to give STY the AFC and wait for the Turkish economy to continue its spiral downwards to an IMF crisis level event. Then we could have easily afforded to pay Besiktas and give Gunes the contract that he always deserved to manage the KNT. But then we would have had to stomach STY, which is eating rotten rice and suffering for the next few months on the toilet while simultaneously holding a vomit bag.
[Official] Paulo Bento is the new manager for Korea.
@Hodori, Klinsmann and CQ can both fcuk off. While Bento was a bad choice, certainly it isn't the worst choice, if anything Stielike tops the cake for being the worst name ever to be hired by the KFA.