New Manager + New Technical Director

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Seol Korea, Jun 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    let's not blaspheme.
    Gasperini would be top-notch, but I think he is too high profile or "expensive" for KFA.

2. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    How is Armin Veh? He won trophies with VFB Stuttgart and Eintrancht Frankfurt (I think). Some people on reddit described him as a coach who isn't spectacular, and mostly gets jobs solely due to the fact that he has experience in bundesliga..

3. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Currently, the listed candidates for the Technical Director job:

1. Hong Myung-bo o_O:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
    2. Kim Hak-bum
    3. Lee Jang-soo
    4. Choi Young-jun

4. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    :rolleyes::ROFLMAO: ********ing retards.

5. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    He's a risky one. Either he functions well (Stuttgart, Frankfurt), or not (Hamburg, Wolfsburg). He is a great tactician, the players like him and is self-reflective (something Stielike doens't have). He is stubborn tho. If he has a different opinion than other people, it ends often with a media fight and him quitting his job. I see potential of him getting angry at Korean fans who'd criticize him. Chances of him becoming the new manager is 0.1% anyway.

killaorca and chook90 repped this.
  6. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The media is currently over-hyping Huh Jung-moo for the KNT job like full on retards.

TaegukRedDevil and aeh1991 repped this.
  7. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Why not? He isn't a great manager. Maybe he has got his talents somewhere else. We may finally see PCY in the NT again :p

8. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Who is #4 Choi Young-Jun?

Btw, for interim coach, what do you guys think about Chang Woe Ryong? He has extensive experience and has worked outside Korea. He is under contract with Chongqing Lifan though.

9. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Btw Armua is leaving as well. No surprise.

Out of the candidates I'd prefer Kim Hak Bum.

10. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #35 Seol Korea, Jun 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
    [​IMG]

Former KNT player and former manager of Busan I'Park.

chook90 repped this.
  11. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    because

1). He is currently coaching Hangzhou Greentown (assuming he keeps his job that is).

2). Just feels so wrong to bring him back on board this soon. I'm okay with it, it's just that the plastic fans and the man himself might be uncomfortable with it.

12. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Lol your image didn't load for me initially, so I searched Choi Young Jun on google and found this guy:

[​IMG]

This Choi Young Jun was rated 75 and played for Sevilla FC back in my old FIFA 13 career mode. :ROFLMAO:

13. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    @chook90 I posted a new picture. Also, Hong Myung-bo's contract with Hangzhou's been terminated last month.

chook90 repped this.
  14. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I'm glad idiots aren't proposing Ahn Jung Hwan to be interim coach (we're not shooting a reality show here).

The crazier part of me says that the remaining two matches should be coached by a committee of coaches. For those currently managing a K-league side, the KFA should threaten to ban them from professional football if they refuse.

The Expendables:

-Choi Kang Hee (head coach)
    -Shin Tae Yong (assistant)
    -Cho Kwang Rae (co-head coach)
    -Hong Myung Bo (assistant)
    -Flavio (Physical coach)
    -Lee Woon Jae (GK coach)
    -Hahn Joon Hee (Team Analyst)
    -Shin Ah Young (team cheerleader).
    -Hyomen (team talisman)

15. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    LOOOL. I'd take Flavio and Han Joon Hee tho.

16. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    1. Şenol Güneş
    2. Eric Gerets

The rest is a tossup for me.

TaegukWarrior repped this.
  17. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    At this point, if Scolari is still open to the KNT job, then it's still better than nothing.

18. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    #43 aeh1991, Jun 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
    STY is open to become the interim coach, but hasn't been contacted yet.

I know most of you are against him. But for me, still better than HJM who hasn't managed a team since 7 years, talks bs when commentating NT matches for Jtbc, thinks he is better than Hiddink, represents "인맥축구", is very stubborn and is the reason why Cha BK can't get a job at the KFA. Also, he seems to think that he did a good job in 2010 (but back then we had our best team with PJS, LYP, KSY, LCY, PCY, etc. and almost got kicked out by Nigeria if it wasn't for Yakubu's fail).
    I agree that he might be good enough to make us qualify, but that's it.
    Also, if he gets appointed, KFA will let him coach the team in Russia because he is 1. basically a core member of the KFA and 2. is easy to handle and 3. they can save money.

edit: forgot that he managed Incheon, also not a successfull stint.

chook90 repped this.
  19. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Don't get why people are against HMB becoming a technical director. Pretty ironic. However, he's not some old ajusshi unlike some of these guys. Also he was the victim of KFA so he hopefully he becomes aware about the problems of KFA and become a reformer of sort.

20. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Other sources say Ahn Ik Soo is being considered as technical director :rolleyes:

At this point, I believe the media is just namedropping the usual names and people associated with KFA or previously employed members.

chook90 repped this.
  21. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    I dont want STY to take the risk. It should be someone who has experience in leading the KNT to the WC, and that's apparently who KFA is looking for. I am pretty sure it is HJM. Also, it seems like the new manager will manage the team until the end of WC. So dont get your hopes high for a decent manager until 2018 lol.

22. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I'll take Hong MB as technical director in a heart beat. Too many are holding a grudge against Hong MB for that 1 to 1 1/2 yr he was the manager of KNT.. a job he didn't want. Also, not a fan of Shin TY but replace everyone in the current technical committee w/ young faces like Shin TY who studies the game (at least that's my impression of him..)

As for the next manager, while I want KFA to interview all candidates who want the job (foreign & local).... I personally want to see current U18/19 manager to get the job. Give him 2 yr contract & bring in new faces from U20 (players he knows well). Too many care for "experience" but that is extremely overrated credential

Ice cube, chook90, MagnaSejong and 3 others repped this.
  23. TaegukWarrior

TaegukWarrior Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    speaking of, is Gunes still interested?

24. Ceezy

Ceezy Member

Jun 10, 2014
    Yakubu would've only tied it, which would've been enough for Korea to qualify for knock-out.

25. Fector

Fector Red Card

Jeonbuk FC
    Timor-Leste
    Jun 6, 2017
    Gunes is a very good candidate actually. There are so many Turks living in Korea who are fluent in Korean(though they are generally married to Korean women and may not be emotionally compatible with vigorous alpha male soccer players) , his lack of English skills is nearly irrelevant. But he may fail too. I am more realistic. If he fails... oh my, he will replace Steilike as the foreign villain No 1.

If a domestic coach, I want someone more level-headed and open minded. I don't want someone who blindly excludes certain players like Shin TY dismisses LSW out of hand or those who hate Kim Shin Wook or Park Jooyoung. There are about 75 days left and the preparation should begin NOW. I am not asking clubs to release them. They can use the candidate players in the league games but they should release them for a portion of their training time and send them to Paju for training and evaluation.