New Italian Stadium Update Thread

Discussion in 'Italy' started by indestructible, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Like the rest of italy look beautiful but everyone is broke and there is no future.

2. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    That says a lot about the people.

3. r0adrunner

r0adrunner Member+

Jun 4, 2011
    London, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    For Cagliari I prefer the Tractebel – GAU Arena design.

4. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Any italian worth his salt leaves italy.

5. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Some people aren't interested in living in the rat race hyper consumerist world of the US or Canada. You're generalizing also this has nothing to do with this thread.

el napulitan and O'Ghiattone repped this.
  6. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #106 indestructible, Mar 22, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
    Looks like the project to restyle the Dall'Ara will happen with work to begin in 2020. The reason for the delay is that Bologna is one of the host cities for the 2019 U21 Euros.

BFC are now evaluating whether or not to build a temp stadium like Cagliari did as renovations will be major.

[​IMG]

7. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Some stadium news.

The rumor in Cagliari is that the club has selected the Sportium project.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dante repped this.
  8. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  9. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  10. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    EPL money is going to have that thing paid off in no time.

11. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Their deal with the NFL will give them a boost. It's why they designed it with NFL games in mind.

indestructible repped this.
  12. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    NickyViola repped this.
  13. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Update from Naples:

City have lowered their asking price for the San Paolo. Luigi De Magistris has said that the city is willing to sell the stadium but no less the 50 million Euro.

This is a far cry from what he originally said the stadium is worth. (100 million IRC). In any case the ball is back in ADL's court. Still think the price tag is too high since any renovations will cost a high amount.

ADL has flirted the idea of leaving Fuorigrotta to other areas including Caserta and more recently Melito, but these are obvious pressure tactics.

http://napoli.repubblica.it/cronaca..._cederlo_a_non_meno_di_50_milioni_-192874883/

14. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Such a scam. Same thing happened with Wembley. Some major swindling going on here. Imagine being quoted 500k to build a house then after You have given the go ahead you're then told ah no it's a million now. People should be getting the sack if that isn't dodgy.
    Smoke screen rather than pressure tactics. Can't wait to see ADL's face when one day they say you have it for free so long as you completely renew the stadium. Be will have come up with a good excuse not to do it without looking like he's full of shit.

Il Ciuccio repped this.
  15. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    So far so good for ADL. Stalling this long has made the city drop its price.

16. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    ‘Now or never for Roma stadium’
    By Football Italia staff
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Roma President James Pallotta warns final approval for the new stadium must arrive by July or “that’ll be it and we won’t be here”.

The American owner has been trying to get a new arena built in the Tor Di Valle area, but the project has been hit by a series of delays.

In December the local council approved the Giallorossi’s plans for the Stadio della Roma, but the green light still hasn’t been given to begin construction.

“You know it’s going along, I have some meetings on that,” Pallotta told reporters this morning.

“At the end of the day if they don’t get the stuff accelerated and going quickly we won’t have a stadium, that’ll be it and we won’t be here.

“So the fans have to get on to the people and tell them to get moving on the stadium. Everything’s pretty much close to done and if it gets past any time period… June 30, or July, it’ll take it out another year and we won’t have a stadium.

“We just can’t afford to do that, no-one can afford to do it. We’ve spent over €60m already on the stadium.

“Nobody knows that, one of the issues with when you’re trying to buy players in transfer markets is the other stuff we’re going through.

“We’ve spent well over €60m - it might be €65-70m - going through the process, the drawings, the delays… everything.

“You just can’t keep spending money like that when you’re not getting the returns that you need in time, so we need that stadium.”

Pallotta was also asked about the Lupi’s Serie A form, and admitted he isn’t happy with results in the league.

“I think we’re a better team than the way we’ve been playing. Since the Genoa game in December I don’t think we’ve played as well as we can.

“I think also we’ve had a bunch of injuries, I’m not happy about how much of that we’d had and then it’s tough sometimes playing in the Champions League and having to get ready for those games too.

“But, no, I don’t think the players are happy, I don’t think anybody’s happy that we’re not right up there when you look at what we were doing, up until the Genoa game we were right there.

“We’ve got seven big games left, starting Sunday.”

17. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Advancing in the CL might put a fire under some local officials to get some movement on Roma’s stadium. Until the next obstacle comes along......

18. GIGI RIVA

GIGI RIVA Member

Fiorentina
    Canada
    Aug 24, 2009
    Guelph Ontario
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Any news about Fiorentina"s new stadio

19. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    I recently read groundbreaking will be September.... 2019, I think. I'll see if I can find it.

20. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #121 falvo, Apr 14, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
    Area di Castello is on the north east end of Florence. Not really that close to the historical city as the Artemio Franchi is. It’s on the way to the airport near Sesto Fiorentino. I guess it wont matter much to most fans but it's actually closer to Prato than Firenze.The building rules and laws will probably be a lot less complicated though...

[​IMG]

21. GIGI RIVA

GIGI RIVA Member

Fiorentina
    Canada
    Aug 24, 2009
    Guelph Ontario
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    The Franchi is old and has some good memories but it is time to move on 2019 cannot come soon enough

22. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The Franchi was originally built for the 1934 World Cup and rebuilt for Italia 1990. No doubt it’s old but it’s still a great place to watch a game. A lot better in my opinion than the Stadio Olimpico in Rome.

NickyViola repped this.
  23. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  24. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I never went to a game at the Franchi, but it always gave me the impression of being an aesthetic nightmare.

[​IMG]