New Italian Stadium Update Thread

Discussion in 'Italy' started by indestructible, Jul 6, 2017.

1. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Delahas been told numerous times. He has zero chance of seeing a 30k stadium approved, its not in the interest of the city. And that is why he keeps touting a 30 stadium, so he can say "look,i want to build a new stadiumbut they wont let me". He is full of shit and napoli will not have a new stadium until he leaves or someone pays for every last cent of it whilst agreeing to letting him collect every euro that it takes in.

He said he has bought 10 hectres last year to build a stadium and pitches (says it every year) and we still havent seen anything. Last week he said no chance of moving from the san paolo, its the theater of Maradona. Oh well looks like he wasted money on those 10 hectres. people need to stop dreaming of a new stadium for Napoli, it aint ever happening while that goon is running the club.

A few things to consider, Juve couldnt fill out the 27k stadium they were playing at so 40 made sense. It was also likely a compromise between cost, simplicity and how quick they could get the new stadium up and running.

As for Napoli, they get 40-50K in a shithole decrepit stadium with a running track around it. Anything less than 70k for a new stadium is a poor decision. Though i wouldnt build one les than 80k.

Its to give the illusion of les empty seats when the crowd is dispersed.

2. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #227 falvo, Dec 1, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
    Three problems with building an 80k seat stadium. One it looks terrible on TV when its empty. Two, it costs a lot more to build an 80k seat stadium as opposed to a 40k seater and three building any type of huge stadium anywhere in Italy, but especially in the south, is a nightmare.

Not only is the organized crime and/or corrupt government (which is one in the same) difficult to deal with but also the scarcity of land and the costs involved to maintain such a huge park is almost impossible. I doubt it will ever happen and I'll believe it when I see it.

3. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Yes you're right. But a new stadium can be built in the cuurent location of the San Paolo. As for scarcity of land, not true in Naples. Dela has twice been offered a location to build a new stadium, He was offered them by the previous mayor because he said he wanted to build a new stadium, Then Dela was like shit errr now i wanna build it where the San Paolo is, Maradonas home etc etc ( he's a massive twat).

As for looking crap on tv when its empty, With good prices, and a real owner who shows he's serious about winning and doesnt play games, that stadium will not be empty often. Nevertheless, there are ways around that by design. The San Paolo has a 3rd tier which is permanantly closed but you cant tell on TV. But year it would cost a lot of money. This is all empty talk though, we aint getting a new stadium. Dela bought LCD screens 10 years ago ready to be installed by xmas, where are they?

4. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #229 falvo, Dec 1, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
    I still don’t see it happening. I was dealing with Italian local and government officials in both Rome and Florence in regards to a construction project and took forever to get it accomplished. That was after we had to grease the contractors , bribe city officials and politicians, pay off the “cub scouts” , architects , “belle arti’ , comuni, lega ambiente , catastali and usufruttuari. Then at that point and after all that , the project took another five -seven years to get off the ground and complete.

Granted that was about a decade ago but kmowing what I went through and how things work in Italy, I can’t imagine much has changed. I hope they build it someday but again, I’ll believe when I see it. Even then , I don’t think I’ll really believe it.

5. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Atalanta's stadium upgrade is set to begin in May and will be completed in sections. The curva nord will be ready for September

[​IMG]

falvo repped this.
  6. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Those gaps look horrible.

7. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That bothers me less than the wood. They are keeping the original building. There is too much of a contrast IMO

8. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Milan clubs consider ‘San Siro 2’

[​IMG]

Milan and Inter are reportedly considering a new stadium adjacent to San Siro, which would then be demolished or converted for another purpose.

The two clubs have signed a memorandum of understanding to share a new, modern stadium and are exploring their options.

It has been thought that the most likely option is staying at the Meazza, but in recent days it has been suggested that new Rossoneri CEO Ivan Gazidis would prefer a new stadium.

Now the Corriere della Sera is reporting that one of the options on the table is to build a new stadium at San Siro, just metres from the current ground.

To the east of the Stadio Giuseppe Meazza is a disused race course, which is currently used for parking and has been up for sale for some time.

The idea would be to buy that land and build a new state-of-the-art stadium, while the current arena would be demolished or converted to another function.

However, the mayor and councillors prefer the option of leasing the land on which the current stadium stands for 99 years, with Inter and Milan then renovating the Meazza.

9. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  10. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Better image of final Bergamo stadium:

[​IMG]

11. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  13. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    New Roma stadium goes ahead
    By Football Italia staff
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Roma have finally been given the green light to start work on their new stadium project.

The Stadio della Roma’s official Twitter account confirmed on Tuesday that the Polytechnic University of Turin’s report on how the area surrounding the proposed venue would deal with traffic flow was ‘positive’, while the stadium ‘will be built’

“The Stadio della Roma will go ahead and the proponents, if they want, can break ground as early as this year,” Rome mayor Virgina Raggi said after her presentation of the report.

“We’re not against works or big works, the stadium being one of them, but rather we’re in favour of useful works that bring benefits to the city and its citizens, as in this case where a part of the city will be upgraded.

“The reduction in size won’t affect mobility. The stadium project confirms the choice of sustainable mobility is the right path to take.”

14. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Rome mayor Vigina Raggi said yesterday work on the stadium is set to take off within the year. During rainy season. I doubt much will happen. Then comes, June, July and august. Good luck in getting anything started then.

Rome Mayor Virginia Raggi confirms new Roma stadium

15. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    If the project is on, I doubt rain season will deter construction. I'm confident the stadium will happen. Too much effort has been put in to stop now

16. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #241 falvo, Feb 6, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
    When I was in charge of a construction project in Florence, the contractors weren't allowed to work on rainy or snowy days. I did have a Romanian worker working in the snow as I recall. The Italians never did though....

They do work in the cold weather, however...

Here is the calendar for 2019....

They will not work on Good Friday April 19th, Easter Monday April 22nd, Thursday April 25 and Friday April 26th for Liberation Day , May 1st, 2nd and 3rd Labor or May Day...

Then you have Festa della Repubblica on June 1st and 2nd , San Pietro e Paolo, patroni di Roma June 28th and 29th.....

Most if not all of August....

upload_2019-2-6_9-39-28.png

17. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    Bet right now, the stadium will be ready for the 2025/2026 season

18. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Everyone getting stadiums but Napoli

*sighs

Insigne4BalonD'or repped this.
  19. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Napoli should just renovate the San Paolo Stadium and forget about a new one....

Insigne4BalonD'or repped this.
  20. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    It's just a matter of time, everyone will see that we are left behind interms of infrastructure so we'll be forced to invest in it. Ya it'll be later than all the other but that's how it is, there's not a lot of money in Napoli compared to the other cities who are building stadiums that match what we need.

21. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    No offense to anyone but there is a lot of money in Napoli but its just not entirely legitimate.

22. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Just wait and see Falvo

23. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Lega Pro side Sudtirol are breaking ground next month. Nice little stadium with the ability to increase capacity to 10k if they reach Serie B. They are currently in the play-off zone

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

falvo repped this.
  24. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Long live Austria.

Deleted User x repped this.
  25. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    We call it Trentino. Germans call it Sudtirol.