"New" HSG shows True Colors

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by Pegasus, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Listening to the Ticket this morning they had a piece on the new code of contact for Kansas City Chiefs fans. No cussing or standing. If problem text security and they will take care of it.

This is the first evidence that the children of Lamar Hunt are changing how fans can act at one of their team's games. It seems to be much more in the library mode most of us don't like and could foreshadow what happens here next year. Well SH should be used to this type of crowd after years at SMU.

2. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We wanted an owner and a stadium.

We got both.

As always - be careful what you ask for.

3. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True. I have been hoping to see signs that the kids would loosen up a bit and encourage a more rowdy adult audience and give up the failed model of bringing in kids with the hope they would one day become a fan. This new code is in entirely the opposite direction and makes me wonder if PHP will have their own code of conduct before next season. A whole stadium filled with tennis or golf type spectators does nothing for me.

4. FC Zippy

FC Zippy Member

Aug 3, 2006
    Midland
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't get ahead of yourself. We'd have to fill the stadium first.

5. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    Seems to me that this code of conduct is a reaction to bad behavior on the part of a good number of fans and a reaction to complaints by the masses.

1. We don't have enough rowdies to matter
    2. There are no masses

6. pwip

pwip Member

Jul 10, 2004
    Dallas
  7. GraceTX

GraceTX Member

Aug 12, 2007
    Plano, TX
    We had rowdies last night. There were several smoke bombs set off in the Chivas away fans section (4 different times). The Inferno also had things thrown at them from the sections 115 and 117. Don't know what the FO did about those incidents, but I can tell you that a FO staff member did tell Inferno to watch the language. :rolleyes:

8. BigAdaMutt

BigAdaMutt New Member

Feb 1, 2008
    What do you mean "last night"? Did I miss something?

9. GraceTX

GraceTX Member

Aug 12, 2007
    Plano, TX
    It sounds like you missed the FCD vs Chivas Guadalajara. The game was last night at PHP.

10. SeventhRowScreamer

Jan 26, 2007
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll burn that bridge when I come to it:D

11. JaySlick

JaySlick New Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Arlington
    Does that mean i wont be able to use my favorite new chant?

"Whose the bastard in the black, Who is the bastard in the black!"

with MLS ref's, i cant think of a better chant.

those guys are the shittiest ref's on earth and this league is doomed as long as they keep the same ref standards.

FIRE'm ALL!

"Whose the bastard in the black, Who is the bastard in the black!"

12. Zé Bill

Zé Bill Member

Mar 21, 2004
    I have a strong hunch that what with the new and different and more numerous owners and fewer teams owned by the same company --- plus hi-profile players drawing the international spotlight and comparison to refereeing elsewhere --- all this will cause MLS to dump Joe Machnik.

btw. on another topic. Krys Boyd is SO WONDERFUL that I just broke my rule and used "so" as an intensifier.

An internet search will find her, due to the unusual spelling of her first name. It's no coincidence that the sun is at its zenith during her radio show ... SO brightly beams her fiercely-searching yet kind light.

13. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    :rolleyes:

By the way, it's no coincidence that this post could be moved to any club/league forum on BigSoccer and no one would think it out of place. Explain to me why the papers in England are filled with Referee disgust on a weekly basis....why hasn't it "doomed" their league? Did you know there is a weekly panel show on Italian television in which the entire discussion revolves around poor referee decisions? Bad ref'ing is universal, I don't know why people think it's an exclusively MLS issue.

14. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    She's no Terry Gross.

15. SoftTackle

SoftTackle Member

Jan 16, 2004
    Missoula, MT
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Krys Boyd is great, but Glenn Mitchell will never be replaced. Terry Gross is fantastic as well, but I like the live & local aspect of Think.

16. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    My favorite is the Everything You Ever Wanted to Know show on Friday afternoons. Haven't the listeners of that show ever heard of Google??

17. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
  18. FCD Hoops

FCD Hoops New Member

Sep 20, 2007
    Frisco
    who needs increased security when you have surgery and collagen-enhanced frisco moms to scold you for any slightly off-color remarks?

at the fcd/fire game:
    me: the yellow team sucks! the yellow team sucks! [bad ref call]

me: it's a young man's game, blanco! you suck!

enhanced frisco housewife/mom: you better watch your mouth, young lady! my son doesn't need to hear that kind of language.
    come on....

19. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    HEY!!! She could just as easily be from McKinney. ;)

20. FC Zippy

FC Zippy Member

Aug 3, 2006
    Midland
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What's wrong with enhanced?

21. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You should have asked her whether she prefer he learn it the schoolyard at recess? This way she is there to explain things if he has a question. ;)

22. Scipio Gothicus

Aug 6, 2001
    Cabo San Lucas
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It seems like there was a discussion of this sort before. Wade used Bacon's Idols, I used Nietzsche as a hammer. Oddly, very few other people seemed to understand our posts.

I wish to note three things. Intially, the discussion on the Crew board delat more with throwing things on the field, not so much with sitting down. Some disturbing things there, including cameras and "undercover" security. One poster also notes that he has no interest in emulating the Dallas fan groups.

Next, the Chiefs sell out, or come close enough, so that annoying a few fans will not hurt them. Offend the FCD fan groups, and you lose a lot of season tickets. I am sure Hitchcock would love to get rid of the Inferno, but right now, he cannot. He needs the sales.

Third, Grace's post is distrubing, but, certainly not unexpected. We have seen, again and again, that the FO and security is only concerned woth the Inferno's very minor issues. Other fan groups attending the FCD matches are given a free hand. They can wave flags, light flares and smoke bombs, spew profanities, whatever they wish. Let a member of the Inferno use the term "suck(s)," and then, the FO will take action. Odd? No, not at all. Totally in character.

HITCHCOCK OUT!

Dead but dreaming,
    Scipio Diabolus,
    vox fatum.

Contra.

I will die for her if I want to, and I do.

23. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unless he sees them as the reason fans aren't coming. :eek: