News: New Home Kit Release Date 12/3

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by CottageRev, Nov 21, 2011.

1. KaptPowers

KaptPowers Member

Dec 29, 2003
    Arlington, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Melbourne Heart in the A-League had their fans submit designs, and it was wildly popular. Why not something similar here?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y15iusA4ylc]The original by Ian Hunter from '75 is better :)[/ame]

I was just informed that today is also the day the high school Super Bowls are held at Gillette. I wonder how many of those folks will check out the Revs shirts? Or will the team claim a big crowd is there, while it's really football moms and dads buying Pats gear? ;)

2. shanary

shanary Member

Aug 18, 2008
    BOSTON
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some would say it's better idea to do something like this when there are going to be a lot of people there than when there will be no one there like most days.

I'm usually pretty down on the Krafts and this FO but Jesus H. Christ, they are actually marketing and doing a somewhat reasonable job with this whole jersey thing and people are getting down on them for it... ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!

One of the biggest things we ask for them to do is market and do a better job with it... is it perfect no but its its working and they seem to have a clear idea what they are doing with this jersey launch and it's better than anything they've done recently. If you are willing to give them shit for failures you have to be able to give them credit when they do something good too (as rare as it may be).

3. KaptPowers

KaptPowers Member

Dec 29, 2003
    Arlington, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You'll note the smiley face, which indicates sarcasm and in general un-seriousness. Re-adjust your meter accordingly.

I'm very happy about this whole launch thing. I do think they could have done a better job (having it in the city would have been a great idea) but at no point have I belittled them (in a serious way). I haven't read any criticism of them for doing this, so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

4. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong Member+

Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well you could argue that Malls are simulations of cities, invented initially to fill a void created by the rise of urban decay in the 40's, 50's, and 60's during the rush to the 'burbs. :D

5. NE till i die

NE till i die Member+

Jun 26, 2010
    Stoughton, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. cml1394

cml1394 Member

Apr 5, 2010
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not a surprise the mock version looked better, still an improvement over last year for sure though.

7. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
  8. NERhooligan

NERhooligan Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    [​IMG]
    can see both the home and away kits

9. Crooked

Crooked Member+

May 1, 2005
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    I'm not surprised either. The white on the sleeves looks out of place. As to not sound negative, I will say that there jerseys are a major improvement. Hopefully they wear red socks with them.

The white and red away kits are a major change. Does anyone have a closer pic of the away jerseys?

10. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    What is the whole kit going to look like?

I like the jerseys

11. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    I'd love to see Navy shorts with the red side panels and all red socks with that top.

12. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    yeah that would be pretty awesome.

Red shorts with blue socks for the away kit would be cool too.

13. Revs96

Revs96 Member

Jun 17, 2009
    Fall River, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What do the long sleeve versions look like? Is it a plain half red/half white sleeve on both shirts? That's what it the official pics suggest. I don't know if I would limit the blue to just the torso, but both shirts are still a huge improvement over the last few we've had and I like the New England flag on the back of the neck.

14. Minutemanii

Minutemanii Member+

Dec 29, 2005
    Abington MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really like it already..... And usually I like shirts more as time goes by. Now, if we can sign Shalrie, I can get my Shalrie shirt to replace my 2008 Shalrie jersey. I skipped over that last disaster of a design. :)

15. amacker88

amacker88 Member

Dec 15, 2005
    I think the real one looks better. It is pretty much a cleaned up version of the mock. People on here are just so pessimistic which is understandable. I do think they could have done without the white on the sleeves. And the New England flag is cool.

16. 760Epicenter

760Epicenter Member

Apr 15, 2008
    Level 1
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i agree with you. the real thing came out better than i expected

17. Minutemanii

Minutemanii Member+

Dec 29, 2005
    Abington MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ha! I didn't even notice the New England flag until you mentioned it! Very cool! I like it even better now!

18. Minutemanii

Minutemanii Member+

Dec 29, 2005
    Abington MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just found out Shalrie is re-signed! ok new shirt, with "Joseph" on the back! At least it's something to rejoice! ;)

19. RevsFanDan

RevsFanDan Member

May 24, 2005
    North Shore
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have to agree on that White/Red on the sleeves...For a sec, I thought we were merging with Chivas USA!

...but of course, I can find the negative even in a perfect dish of tiramisu..! But, that's me!

20. Revs96

Revs96 Member

Jun 17, 2009
    Fall River, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't like all the white on the sleeves either. It's too disruptive of the color scheme on the blue shirt. It's not that bad, it just needs to be smaller.

DC United has the same patch on the sleeves (in red) but it's ok b/c the rest of their shirt is completely black. Here, adding the same size patch (in white) clutters the shirt, which already has a two-color pattern. A smaller white patch would be better, just to serve as a frame for the MLS logo and US flag.

21. MrSangster

MrSangster Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Duxbury,MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kudos to the Rev's

1) Using social media to launch the new jersey
    2) Recognizing the fans ( Riders & rebellion) with the 12th man shirt
    3) Signing and bringing Shalrie to the unveiling

[​IMG]

three positives in a year filled with negatives, good job

22. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really like the new kit. This makes me happy.

23. Supahhhrev

Supahhhrev Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Dorchestah, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like the kit minus the white sleeve bands.

As someone who had the Flag of New England patches made just so I could sew them on to my jersey's, I'm very happy they included the flag in the design.

Yay F.O! Nice Job!

Now go sign us 8 new starters and an assistant coach.

Thanks,
    -Beau

24. Mike Marshall

Mike Marshall Member+

Feb 16, 2000
    Woburn, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    4) A much improved home and away jersey. Those are just sexy.

In a year where there was a lot to criticize, they got this pretty much dead on.

25. cml1394

cml1394 Member

Apr 5, 2010
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ya its the white on the sleeves that are preventing me from loving it, and that's why I like the mock better. Still a solid design overall though.