New forum, new thread

Discussion in 'Equipment and Gear Off Topic' started by Skizz, Apr 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. COPA17

COPA17 New Member

Jun 16, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Euro 2008 is alright...but i'm going to usmnt vs argentina at giants stadium tm!!! its gonna be 95 degrees or so tm, and i have a game beforehand, but it still should be a good time. i just hope bradley and the boys dont get hammered too badly in front of 70,000

2. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was going to go, having all the perks of per sale for RBNY season ticket holders, but I was like I'm not in the mood...I went to a Colombia vs Ecuador game before WC2006, and well it was not pretty especially being the only neutral around :p Wish you fun, and where are you sitting btw?

3. COPA17

COPA17 New Member

Jun 16, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    i wanna say something like...section 303 row 18 seat 22? i mightve reversed the row and seat numbers, any idea if thats a good seat or not?

4. cjump

cjump Member

Jul 31, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the only thing im happy about is you as a mod.....;)

:eek:

5. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hahaha that made me laugh! I wanted to rep you but sadly i have to spread the love before i can do so! :-( booooo!

appleCORR

6. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Upper bowl damn!!! I've been in the middle tier, but damn gonna look like little ants from where you are :p

If I reserved seats I'd be like 5 or 8 rows from the pitch in section 137...

7. cjump

cjump Member

Jul 31, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn You Lewis Hamilton. You Can't Even See A Large Flashing Red Light You *****************. Was It Your Plan To Take Out Kimi Anyway? :mad::mad::mad:

and how about them Croats? was that the same team that beat the mighty english?

8. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The English haven't really been so 'mighty' of late! I thought that Austria did pretty well once they got their confidence.

appleCORR

9. cjump

cjump Member

Jul 31, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the mighty part was a bit tongue in cheek.

10. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Croatia were excellent the first 25 minutes but they slacked off big-style after that. It was obvious Austria weren't going to score. As for Germany...well that's about as routine as a win can be in the Euros.

11. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    ...must b hard to swallow for the polish, having their best striker score 2 against them....:p

12. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    your boy thebigman is gonna be in philly for the next 2-3 months as i'm doing camp america

my love for u all will never die or fade

:)

13. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Sounds like fun, make sure you have a good time!!

appleCORR

14. cjump

cjump Member

Jul 31, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    make sure you hit up geno's for a cheesesteak. also have fun paying nearly half for everything you want as are dollar is shit.... lucky bastard.

15. cjump

cjump Member

Jul 31, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i can't spell.... our

16. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    let us know how that goes tbm, I'm toying with the idea of franchising one out there in the next 5-10 years so am always interested in feedback....

anyways, the euros rant, well the holland-italy game anyways.

First off the kits, well the dutchies are always gonna live in the shadows of some awesome lotto strips from the mid 90s, but with the baby blue socks they're doing it decent right nows. Italy on the other hand, well, I've always wondered why a nation famed for their style and fashion always look sooo terrible on the footy field. As ever with art, I truly think the italian strip has been over designed to the point of back-patting eurotrash excess. The collar is at least better than that of it's predecessor, but still a little "too jazzy" in it's john travolta discotheque look.....Luca Toni has to be the WORST looking player ever in his little brothers replica kit.....the rest of the team look awkward in the fit but he just looks a chumpstain!

I dunno about RVN's goal- the comms say it was blates offside BUT kinda seem to recall a clarification on the ruling a few years back that meant a defender could not step out of the field without permission in order to play an opponent offside- in effect the defender remains an eligible part of the 2 as if he were on the pitch still. I may be wrong so please correct me if you know for defn....

Snejder's goal was pretty solid, but the comms got a lil OTT about it like when my wolves-mate tried telling me that Sylvain's goal was the best of teh year in any division.

Cristi wearing 7. Now this warrants a whole blog but a brief synopsis, I don't get it and I don't like it. I'd often envied portugals squad numbering system (shudders that that capello mug put roon in 11 and G in 10), and seeing as decs etc have stayed with it I think the boy shud have too....BUT if no7 is that important to him then that bodes well for ManU fans as if Adidas cudn't pry Real's of Raul for Becks....

"attacking" I taly are getting spanked by an injury decimated netherlands with no real speed going forward, haha "world champs" haha

prolly still win it now!

oh yea, and good on the ref for PUNISHING RVN for staying on his feat when buffonhairdo charged at him, at worst that should have been bought back for an indirect free-kick for obstruction, but nooooo that requires balls and thinking....

17. kaitster

kaitster New Member

Nov 2, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    hail oranje crush!

18. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    Cantona says he supports England over France and wants to be Man U manager OR England, and he "don't need it (the coaching badges), I just have the feeling, I can smell football"

this is such a sad day, to think the FA appointed a proven idiot over an unproven genius.....damn I hate the FA.....

19. Mr Vexed

Mr Vexed New Member

Jun 23, 2006
    The Endz, LDN
    i do like cantona, however, the bloke has LOST IT! not saying he ever had it, but the bloke can even get philosophical over a bog roll holder. he seems to speak in rhyme, odd fellow. sorry btw when i said he lost it i dont mean footballing terms i was refering to the fact that he is a total mentalist.

back on the subject of people who live on planet earth, spurs have completed the giovani signing today, should be interesting to see how he and modric get on next season, personally more looking forward at seeing modric down the lane.

20. COPA17

COPA17 New Member

Jun 16, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    foxsoccer said you guys only paid about 3.5million pounds for him...if so, thats a hell of a bargain, cause hes SICK

someone told me at barca he was the fastest on the team as far as first 10 yards are concerned, even moreso than eto and henry

21. Mr Vexed

Mr Vexed New Member

Jun 23, 2006
    The Endz, LDN
    yeah i heard that somewhere as well recently.

and it think it was £4.7m, which could rise a further £3.9m depending on success.

22. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ehh whatever they're not welcome back in Poland that's for sure :D We'll still go through I can feel it :eek:

23. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I just want to say ... Wii Fit is fantastic! I almost pee'd my pants when i saw that my parents had go it me as a surprise yesterday! hahaha!

appleCORR

24. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I pee'd my pants about a few things yesterday!

Firstly, in my boredom, I thought I may as well try on a pair of MVIII's again, even though my foot felt like it was about to snap the last time I attempted such. I tried on one size up from the size I take in Legends and Lasers...and BAM! My foot slipped in, and the boot hugged my foot perfectly! They were the correct length as well. I am now trawling eBay for a nice pair under 10 gbp.

Then, I saw the Nike JOGA FS indoor boots in the green/yellow/blue colours of Brazil. They look amazing, and I WANT a pair!

And as for wanting the Spain shirt for the last month...how bout how they played last night. Simply fantastic to watch - what a great attacking team.

25. kumazou

kumazou Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    Spain was fantastic yesterday. I was so worried after their performance against the US (one of the most boring games I've seen in a while) but they really came through last night. Russia's defense had no idea what to do on those lovely through balls. I thought Russia played well and they must be disappointed with the score after hitting the post twice. A great game overall.

Does anyone know why Xavi is wearing 8 and Iniesta 6 (opposite of their numbers at Barca)?