New fan..stuck in USA

Discussion in 'Introductions Board' started by Bombora, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Oddo26

Oddo26 Member

Jul 12, 2014
    New York City
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    You do realize the United States had made the quarter finals before and even the semi-finals? It already did happen.

2. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    Eso no guarantiza que va suceder otra vez.

3. Justin Z

Justin Z Member

Jul 12, 2005
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Club:
    Heart of Midlothian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kind of sad when a gringo can spell in Spanish better than a Mexican.

4. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    Kinda sad to care about spelling on an internet message board.

5. Justin Z

Justin Z Member

Jul 12, 2005
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Club:
    Heart of Midlothian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Care in regards to what, exactly? I was simply making fun of you; I don't care.

P.S. You also missed the "a" after "va," and I'm pretty sure "suceder" is not a verb (though "tener éxito certainly is).

6. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    Your attempt to make fun shows that you care, so you're wrong. And it was a pitiful attempt, no one cares about internet spelling.

It's acceptable without adding the "a", another fail by you. And here's the biggest of your many fails:

1. Suceder - SpanishDict
      www.spanishdict.com/translate/sucederTranslate this page

1. to happen (ocurrir). suceda lo que suceda whatever happens. transitive verb. 2. to succeed (sustituir) (en in). intransitive verb. 3. (venir después). suceder a to ...

Your foolishness has been entertaining, tho :)

7. Justin Z

Justin Z Member

Jul 12, 2005
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Club:
    Heart of Midlothian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you're a vato maybe. You just went to a Spanish-to-English dictionary though, lol, so I don't really care if you think I care. But for your own edification, the correct spelling of the initial verb I didn't directly mention is "garantizar."

Also, see the (en in) after the second definition? That means it's Spanglish, you brilliant little nutter, you. The first definition is what it actually means. Not all cognates to English actually mean the same thing in Spanish. You'd think a native speaker with any kind of education would know this.

But hey, as long as you're telling English speakers what to call soccer, I figure this is only fair. And hilarious.

8. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    Smh at you. I was using the first definition of that verb, genius. To happen. I told him "That doesn't guarantee it will happen again".

Please learn the language before commenting on it. I've been speaking it before you first encountered it in high school. I'll admit, it isn't perfect, and my cousins have given me shit for it, but it's definitely passable and better than yours.

9. Justin Z

Justin Z Member

Jul 12, 2005
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Club:
    Heart of Midlothian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eh, fair enough on your first point--it was ambiguous but totally makes sense the way you intended. Conceded.

On the second, you're right, though I never claimed differently (except for the spelling). It's still funny to watch you flail so much though. ;)

Oh and by the way it was middle school, dammit.

10. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    One typo is flailing. o_O Ok. But hey, if you do wanna practicar tu castellano, me puedes comentar en esa idioma cualquiera vez que quieres. Necesitas prepararte para el futuro cuando este pais es oficialmente Hispano ;).

11. Justin Z

Justin Z Member

Jul 12, 2005
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Club:
    Heart of Midlothian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jaja, espero que eso pase mas rápido que no. ¡Hay tantas bellísimas Hispanas! Los quiero a todos, ¡lol! ¡Venganse aquí, hotties!