New England Red Sox vs DC United

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by shawn12011, Aug 25, 2017.

1. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    fatbastard, Winoman and NicktheGreek repped this.
  2. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    And Messi is 5'7, This ain't the NBA

JRHokie repped this.
  3. Hedbal

Hedbal Member+

Jul 31, 2000
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. But when you play with only one front runner you hope he is able to hold his own against one or more defenders, usually centerbacks, who routinely have some size. This is especially important if Hamid is hoofing it upfield in the air and expecting us to retain possession.

Winoman repped this.
  4. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    Hamid is going over the top because he had no one in the back he could trust to receive a pass control/protect the ball and then make an accurate pass forward He'd be eating his distribution about 5 seconds after he made it. Perhaps the team now has more than one player who can hold the ball and make some intelligent distributions with a higher degree of success, Size matters but ability is the bigger part of the solution

5. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    Two of these 3 things have come to pass and we are above Minnesota. I don't have anything particular against Minn other than their name but I still would like to see them contracted.

shawn12011 and Winoman repped this.
  6. Boloni86

Boloni86 Member+

Jun 7, 2000
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Gibraltar
    Careful now. As an x MN resident for 7 years, they are my parachute team if/when DC is contracted. Unless San Diego gets a team before then. In which case I'll switch to SD even though I only lived there for 3 years. Hopefully they're also called United ;). A San Diego team would keep allowing me to cultivate my hatred for all things LA ... especially Galaxy.

My least favorite United is Atlanta by far. They'll be playing on plastic in a dome with a bunch of obnoxious "Atlanta invented" bandwagon fans. They'll be easy to hate for years.

sitruc and TowsonDad repped this.
  7. morrissey

morrissey Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 18, 2000
    West Los Angeles, Calif
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yes - but they will have cheap, good, food and beer.

We will have a supporters premium only club with flags from all the teams.

james