New CONCACAF Champions League format

Discussion in 'CONCACAF Champions Cup' started by chapka, Jan 12, 2012.

1. City Dave

City Dave Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If those fans that are turned off and stop watching aren't the ones that are valued by marketing companies buying commercials, or aren't the ones spending the most money for gear, etc. Then you are wrong, it won't effect the profitability of this tournament. They're going for the big bucks in the USA and Mexico and they'll probably be MORE profitable because of this decision.

Oh, and as a preemptive strike, yes, I realize that many fans in the US and Mexico don't like these changes. I really doubt that a significant amount of people that were going to watch the tournament before won't now. I'm also not saying that I agree with these changes. I'm just saying that I understand them and they make good business sense, if money is what you care about.

2. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    Well, yes, these fans are indeed valued by companies buying commercials. I expect to see CCL ratings go down overall. As far as CCL gear, the only item I've ever seen was a CCL polo worn by Marathon's coach. So I doubt sales of that will be affected at all.

When ratings go down, networks will bid less to broadcast the games. If the CCL does indeed become more profitable, it will be because there are less games that they have to pay expenses for. Not because of the biased rules.

3. MRschizoid21

MRschizoid21 Member

Nov 5, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh wow, apparently concachampions was trending last night on twitter after Tigres was eliminated last night. Hilarious. hahaha

Can't get away with that stuff on that level.
    https://twitter.com/#!/Kaliitoz/status/165292198269681664

4. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Instead of this new crap they should have just eliminated the preliminary stage and ran with the CCL with only 16 teams....

5. MexicanTeams

MexicanTeams New Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Houston
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    So fellow Mexicans which teams 2 other teams would you like to see join Tigres and Santos for next years CCL?

6. Mr. P Mosh

Mr. P Mosh Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Monterrey, NL, Mex
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Respuesta: Re: New CONCACAF Champions League format

Monterrey and Toluca.

7. jcmenal

jcmenal Member

May 9, 2011
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Atlas n Tijuana

8. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
  9. pandilla

pandilla Member

Apr 7, 2011
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    i guess ist cool this way they make the mexicans play with there best squads since the 1st game, hopefully they dont put 2 or 3 mexicans in the same group, you know how CONCACAF want so bad to have @ least 1 none mexican team in the final :rolleyes: