New Coaches after WC'14

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by omajac, Jul 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boeder

boeder Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Feb 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I think Luxa had a good tenure post-98. He failed in the Olympics but so has every other Brazilian coach. Didn't it have to do with his problem with the CBF and the corruption allegations?

2. Renato Goulart

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Jun 25, 2014
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I happen to be one of the few people I know that still like Luxemburgo. But I think he's too much of a prima donna for the NT. We already have too many of them on the field to have a coach who wants to be the star of the show.
    I think he does a great job in clubs where he can shine by himself. I would love if he were to go back to Flamengo.

NotreDameFlamengo and boeder repped this.
  3. Renato Goulart

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Jun 25, 2014
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    We have many accomplished coaches as well: Felipão, Abel, Muricy, Tite, Cuca, etc. these guys deal with teams that have extremely limited resources, something that club coaches in Europe don't have to worry about. They're not the most innovative minds out there, but Brazil has never been on the cutting edge of tactical football. We depend heavily on the talent of our players.
    Argentina currently has many coaches in the international scene, but we've been there as well: Zico in Japan, Carpeggiani in Paraguay, Renê Simões in Jamaica. They were all pretty successful and comparable to what Sampaoli and Pekerman did. But ultimately, they were never really able to thrive anywhere else.

4. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    I thought I was the only Fla fan that still liked and wanted Luxemburgo.

5. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    East Orange, New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Well when he was fired 14 years ago he said he would return to the Brazil team one day a lot more mature then he was then!! So lets see..I'm willing to give him one more chance!! Maybe he'll have Rivaldo as an assistant coach! ?

6. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    And Sabella is stepping down as Argentina coach no matter the result...so maybe Tata Martino will take over!?

7. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    @globoesportecom: Nome de Tata Martino ganha força para ser o novo técnico da Argentina http://t.co/UVXBPvLfJQ

8. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    If Tata does becomes Argentina's coach, it wont be much change, plus Messi has another coach who will kiss his ass...which will mean Tevez wont be playing for Argentina no time soon!!!

9. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Conte should be the new coach of Italy, who will be the new coach of Juventus? Scolari

10. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Allegri has been announced already.

11. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Wow so he can run Juve from 1st to worst? Wonderful!!:)

12. Brasitusa

Brasitusa Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    May 14, 2014
    Club:
    New York City FC
    It looks like Dunga will be the new coach of the Brazilian national team, to be announced this Tuesday. Many hints coming from Brazil account for this being a done deal. Fan favorite Tite seems to be out of contention already, as well as Muricy.

What do you all think? I don't like it. I'd prefer to see a foreign coach for the first time, such as Mourinho. I think Brazil needs a coach more in tune with modern football strategies. I'm afraid Dunga will be still another attempt at going back to the past, which hasn't worked in the case of Felipao.

13. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    Dunga is really no different from Mourinho.

14. Brasitusa

Brasitusa Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    May 14, 2014
    Club:
    New York City FC
    In what sense, good or bad?

15. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo