New Challenge For All Rocks Drafted Leageus

Discussion in 'Games & Fantasy' started by 1800-WorldCup, Jul 26, 2017.

1. 1800-WorldCup

1800-WorldCup Read Nomadic Gatherings - TravelNotes.org/magun

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    As it appears we're now going to struggle with four leagues of eight drafted teams, how about we move to three leagues of nine teams; with three up and three down at the end of the season.

:thumbsup:

There's something about threes.

With nine managers, everyone gets a starting goalkeeper from two teams; if they so wish.

Could be a new challenge.

:cool:

We then create a waiting list for people who want to join in the fun in future seasons.

No expansion past three leagues of nine managers.

2. CRIBMAD

CRIBMAD Member+

Jul 16, 2015
    LIVERPOOL UNITED KINGDOM
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    DO IT ! lol

1800-WorldCup repped this.
  3. CRIBMAD

CRIBMAD Member+

Jul 16, 2015
    LIVERPOOL UNITED KINGDOM
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    So long as i get 1st pick ha

4. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    I'll send out an email query to all the managers to post their opinion in this thread.

I'm for keeping the 8 team leagues, but will accept the vote of the majority. There needs to be a deadline for the switch as we'd have to realign the league memberships and, in Small Rocks case, redo the Draft Order when members have been planning for their current position.

With the trial run of FPLs Draft Fantasy League this year, my thought is that if we can't fill up the Dust league, those members could play the FPL draft fantasy league. I would certainly give them front of the line privileges for next season's All Rocks organizing thread.

lobomojo repped this.
  5. Epikoinos

Epikoinos Soccer player-coach-manager-journalist

Arsenal, Real Salt Lake, Forward Madison
    United States
    Jan 6, 2004
    Oregon, WI
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll go with the flow, good either way. The more people who can play, the better.

6. Morrison8312

Morrison8312 Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I'm down for whatever we decide

7. christi

christi Member

Aug 4, 2006
    Toronto, ON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I'm OK with this, although I would prefer 2 up / 2 down rather than 3 up / 3 down. That's way too much turnover, especially given that there's always an extra team or two that get moved up because of owners quitting.

8. Mal (smash ya out)

Aug 3, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Happy either way.

9. DrHeckle

DrHeckle BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Yep sounds good .. but agree with 2 up 2 down

10. frasermc

frasermc Take your flunky and dangle

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    It will certainly make things more interesting. As long as all three leagues can get through their drafts in time then I'm happy to go to 9 team divisions.

11. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I am firmly for keeping it 8.

I do like the idea of adding a couple of B teams to keep the lowest league afloat.
    If someone wants to join late they could take over a B team.

Also Think we should also fill the Powell bros socks with rocks til they get the message to stay put.

12. frasermc

frasermc Take your flunky and dangle

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Depending on how the drafts were arranged I'd take a B team in Dust league and be active on it until someone wanted in or until the end of the season if needs be,

I'm not sure if we can get 5 B teams managed though hence i am happy enough to go with the other option of expanded leagues.

13. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I am fine with whatever but one league has started their draft already!

14. bobfest

bobfest Member

May 13, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I would prefer 8, but if we need to do this with 9, that's fine.

15. Morrison8312

Morrison8312 Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, if one league has already started their draft, then we need to stay at 8. I'd also be interested in taking a B team. I'll also ask my brother if he has enough time to join Dust

16. Journeymen

Journeymen Member

Jul 17, 2015
    Hampshire, England
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    VSR draft hasn't properly started, we've only had one pick and could change.

17. CRIBMAD

CRIBMAD Member+

Jul 16, 2015
    LIVERPOOL UNITED KINGDOM
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    you are talking about 9 a league - may i point out that VSR still havent got the 8 !!! we are a man missing ! will we ever get this show on the road ?

18. 1800-WorldCup

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I like this one.

19. 1800-WorldCup

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  20. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    We started with just two 8-team leagues, then grew to four. With the seemingly annual challenges of recruiting new members to replace the inactive managers or those who choose not to continue, perhaps we should accept going to three leagues.

The idea of 5 "B" teams to fill up the Dust League presumes some other managers will appear during the season and take over these clubs. Not realistic in my mind. We did

21. 1800-WorldCup

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hal,

Is that three leagues of nine, or three leagues of eight?

I agree, having a second 'B' team just to make up the numbers doesn't cut it.

We could see a conflict of interests when a manager's A Team gets relegated and the B Team is promoted.

:cautious:

22. CRIBMAD

CRIBMAD Member+

Jul 16, 2015
    LIVERPOOL UNITED KINGDOM
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    tick tock tick tock

23. tarvinodos

tarvinodos Member+

Jul 17, 2008
    Long Beach, CA
    ok any way

24. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    My computer froze during my last post.

Let me continue. We did have one year where someone left the draft at the last minute and one of us drafted a team with the understanding a new manager would take it over. We recruited the new manager and we froze other transfers and allowed the new manager to use a wildcard and revamp the team as needed. I don't remember if the manager even finished the season, but having a team and expecting another to take over is not without complications.

I like the size of 8-team leagues. It's our experience that there is enough talent to fill 8 teams with everyone being competitive. It's not that I'm against changes, but I'm concerned that with a 9-team league we'll end up with less competitive teams and managers might become frustrated and more easily go on a walkabout.

Switching to 9-team leagues, does a disservice to the leagues who have already established a draft order. In Small Rocks, Muppets has the first pick. He's done his draft planning accordingly. I don't think it's right to redo the draft selection, but I also don't think it would be right to go to a 9-team league without redoing the draft order.

My vote is to stick with 8-team leagues.

That said, of the respondents so far, many have said they could go either way, which is like abstaining from the vote. I'd like to set a deadline for this decision of midnight tonight EDT. I did email all the managers of the Small Rocks, Very Small Rocks, and Sand Leagues. At midnight tonight EDT, I'll comb through the replies to this thread and tally the votes.

lobomojo and 1800-WorldCup repped this.
  25. tjh71

tjh71 Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Wollongong, Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I think we should stick to 8 teams per league. 9 teams will be way too many. As a member of the inaugural Dust League, we had some issues with getting enough Managers to start but with a lot of work from ourselves and the greater 'Rocks' community we got it up and running and it was a great success. Lets get the feelers out there and get this league over the line.