New BigSoccer (Baobab) Feedback & Suggestions Thread

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by Huss, Jul 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Another thing - The size of the Kick icon is obnoxious. Make it smaller and people will still complain but it'll be less.

2. kahlva

kahlva New Member

Feb 2, 2007
    No, just get rid of the kicks.

3. Peakite

Peakite Member

Mar 27, 2000
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Halifax Town
    [​IMG]

Tried the Soccer365 version, which looks exactly like the older style (so presumably not updating properly) but doesn't easily go to a full screen.

The screenshot above is how I'm currently looking at. Reckon the lines of text in a post make up about 55% of the width of my screen. About 80% (or better would be ideal, and I'd like to see an option to remove the bar on the left, which has too glaring errors itself. Firstly there is no section for all of the fora and secondly the bit circled in red.

Also the whole kicks thing, at least can we have an option not to see it in any form. But really it does seem to have the same problem as I find with rep. If it were to work as it ideally could it would be beneficial, but my own judgement gives me a better idea of who/what is actually worth reading.

I do like the changes in green though.

As for colour schemes, could we just have several more options made available? Something to suit most tastes, i.e. keep this, bring back the classic yellow/grey ones introducing a few others including a darker one.

4. nsa

nsa Member+

New England Revolution
    United States
    Feb 22, 1999
    Notboston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In the forum view, the "kick" icon is not small relative to the titles, etc. To me, the number of views and replies gives a better picture of a thread's importance. The icon size forces the thread titles, etc., more to the right making the huge white space on the left even more irritating.

5. giffenbone

giffenbone Member

Jan 22, 2006
    Raleigh, NC

Actually no....the kicks aren't working still...

I've kicked this thread like 10 times and it says it bumps the kick up, but as soon as i leave the thread or even change pages in the thread, the kick count goes back to 1.

If the kicks don't even work...why have em?

6. the stranger

the stranger New Member

Dec 20, 2005
    I also hate the Kicks. Is there any subject on Bigsoccer with this level of consensus?

On the front page, I would rather see just the thread title and last poster's name than entire posts. It makes it impossible to quickly scan the most recent/most Kicked:)mad:) threads

7. giffenbone

giffenbone Member

Jan 22, 2006
    Raleigh, NC

Correct...plus...if there is a result...even if the thread has its [R], it could be given away on the front page by showing the whole post.

8. Barbara

Barbara BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In Huss & Co's defense, give them a chance to get the bugs worked out. It hasn't been up for 12 hours yet.

9. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Better but still not as it was. They are still in the way. Posts need to move back over to left edge.

I'm still trying to discover the benefits of this change over. It appears to be all cosmetic and some changes people don't seem to like, moving well liked features into out of the way places or methods. Why bother? And yes I think 3.6.8 is a new version for BS so I get that, but really why the makeover? The old version was fine.

10. giffenbone

giffenbone Member

Jan 22, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    i'm pointing out the bugs so they know...perhaps they hadn't noticed yet, perhaps they have...

that's what this thread is for.

11. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Oh I hadn't thought about that. Not good at all. Not sure how you get around that other than forcing people not to view the main page. Of course that seems like a silly "solution" to me.

12. Abebe

Abebe Member

Aug 26, 1999
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I laso liketo see what the most recent posts are regardless of thread. Is there a way to do this?

13. Asprilla9

Asprilla9 Member

Dec 15, 2000
    Beaverton, OR
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    a lot of people have a problem with the white background.

i might suggest just making two other skins: a simple grey one and a simple yellow one.

yes, i understand that the MLSnet skin is grey, but i don't want an MLSnet skin, i just want BigSoccer. i like having the BigSoccer logo always in the top lefthand corner, so i can always retreat to the homepage whenever i want. with the MLSnet skin, you're always retreating to MLSnet.com, which is not what i want.

so if we could just get the regular BigSoccer skin, but with a grey background, that would be great. and a lot of people seemed to like the yellow, which i didn't, but we probably should make a simple skin for them too.

14. Asprilla9

Asprilla9 Member

Dec 15, 2000
    Beaverton, OR
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    X 2.

but i think the 'recent posts' function will return imminently.

15. Horsehead

Horsehead Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Los Angeles
    I've already seen lots of bugs fixed and the various requests made in here being implemented fairly quickly. And the server seems to be much faster since it last went down a while ago. Some things seem to be coming on-line a bit at a time.

Maybe it's all gonna be okay. :eek:

:)

16. kahlva

kahlva New Member

Feb 2, 2007
    Very good way of putting it.

The changes feel cosmetic - and the strong consensus is that the cosmetic changes have been for the worst. The older version was much loved.

(and the kicks are completely un-loved.... Are we up to 95% against them?)

17. Barbara

Barbara BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, you weren't just pointing out the bugs. I was responding to this smartassish comment:

18. giffenbone

giffenbone Member

Jan 22, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    someone is sensitive...

but seriously...i think most people here don't like the kicks...but i'll deal with them even though i don't like em.

19. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    It's still there on the right under Blogs.

20. Sakuragi

Sakuragi Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  21. Roblar

Roblar Member

Sep 15, 2000
    The 73072
    ditto
    ditto

I particularly miss the "jump-to-last page/post" option. That was really helpful for long threads that went on for days. I'd just jump to the last post and then scan back a page or two until I found my most recent unread post and move on from there. (Or close the thread because it had devolved into a shouting/match, etcetera etcetera.)

I'm sure I'll get used to the new site soon enough.

Q: How many BS posters does it take to change a light-bulb?
    A: [result] :mad:What!? CHANGE!?!?!:mad: :p[/result]

22. nsa

nsa Member+

New England Revolution
    United States
    Feb 22, 1999
    Notboston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The "Kick" icon should be as small as, and tucked directly under, the "envelope" icon for each thread. It would be unobtrusive, yet readily visible for those that like the feature.

23. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    its there. first icon at the top

24. Lizzie Bee

Lizzie Bee Member+

Jul 27, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One vote in favor of dumping the rep off the posts. I was so happy when you got that off the main pages a while back.

Also, I may not have the fastest computer in the world, but regardless: this is the slowest website I have visited in recent history. (And that's saying a lot...)

Good luck with the bug fixes and whatnot.

25. Ingromius

Ingromius Member

Feb 3, 2000
    NW London
    Looks like the feature to "go to first unread" has been scrapped?! Bad idea! In busy threads it's basically the most important option. Bring it back!

Generally I echo the sentiments that the new format seems to be steps backward, not forward.