New BigSoccer (Baobab) Feedback & Suggestions Thread

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by Huss, Jul 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. giffenbone

giffenbone Member

Jan 22, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    the ol' yeller version was much better for looking at while hungover

2. Friedel'sAccent

Friedel'sAccent Member+

Jul 7, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Couldn't. Agree. More.

Is it too much to ask for the blinding white background not to bleed into the posts themselves? It sort of feels like I'm working on MS Word or something--BigSoccer shouldn't feel like work! Not that I'm getting much done on the thesis anyway, but still...

3. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    There is no difference between a kick and thread. They are one in the same, now.

4. JaredSS07

JaredSS07 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 6, 2005
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I always liked seeing the most recent Newcastle NSR thread, while looking at the main Newcastle forum. Any chance that will come back?

5. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Does BS make money somehow on the kicks? If it is a money issue, I can get used to it, heck I've gotten used to advertising on my team's jersey. But if BS is trying to make the forum better, well, kicks just misses.

The old vBulletin had become the norm, more or less, on the net, and that is comfortable. I feel needlessly cutting edge here.

6. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    "Interface is so much better", in your opinion. Surely you weren't trying to tell me what my opinion is, were you? Again, I don't like it and I want the old yellow skin.

I also do not get a BigSoccer Gold in my options.

7. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Can you articulate why you don't like them? I can see how the old BigSoccer version wasn't as effective as it could be, but I'm sort of excited to see how being able to kick every thread will work. Because there are some very good threads that I wouldn't find otherwise unless folks rated it highly and sent it to the top of kicks.

But even if you don't use them at all, I guess I'm not understanding why it would bother someone since it's just a small icon that can be ignored.

8. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    It's funny - when I saw the mockup I didn't think it was terrible.

But now that I'm trying to use it on the real boards ... ugh.

First, on the mockup I assumed that was the "regular" view - not the premie, no-ads, formerly full-screen-width view. I want my god damned full screen width back. Even if you kept the nav menu on the left there's no reason for all this blank space on the right.

Second, the sub-forum listing suck badly. Didn't notice that in the mockup. But look at the DCU board now. Hardly even notice the sub-forums at the top. That's just stupid design.

Third, the last skin was just plain easier to read. Again, I didn't notice this in the mockup because those weren't real threads and I wasn't really trying to read anything. But now ... ugh again.

Fourth, I know BigSoccer has always been silly and childish. But now this place looks silly and childish.

I'm not a happy camper.

9. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Are we going to have the links put back on the bottom of the page, to get back to the forum?

Yes, I can scroll up, but I liked the old way :)

First look at this new bigsoccer and I'm not liking it....at all.

Can we at least have the gold skin back?

10. Kur #10

Kur #10 Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Mexico Citay
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i really enjoy how the white backround hurts my eyes.

i also really enjoy all these wonderful kicks no one seems to understand or care about...

it's like walking down the same old path you've gone through for years except this time you're trying to dodge the poo.

11. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kicks - I like natural selection. If its a good thread, then it will be active, if not then having a bunch of soccer geeks "kick it" seems silly.

I'm a soccer geek.

As for the rest of the soccer geeks out there - I don't know why they don't like them. I just don't.

12. giffenbone

giffenbone Member

Jan 22, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    i really want the recent posts back on the front page.

13. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Now that you have changed the name size and location, made the definintion between posts clearer and upped the posts per page count it's beginning to grow on me.

From what I can see the 3 main gripes people have are;

- No yellow background

- Kicks and their utter pointlessness

- Sub-fora being crammed at the top of the page

Edit: Also the little list thingy at the side, I don't like it. I miss my whole screen posts rather than the victoria beckham size ones I currently have

14. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

Except it's not a small icon anymore. Now the whole concept of it occupies the entire front page by default.

15. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    I think the memory thing may still need tweaking.

16. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    I frankly couldn't care less what the opinion of the people, who actually bother to take the time to kick a thread, is of a thread overall. Frankly I find the numerous implementation of such gimmicks online to be a complete bore and a waste of time. In this case they just add to the clutter of BS.

17. nsa

nsa Member+

New England Revolution
    United States
    Feb 22, 1999
    Notboston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So I tried to remove the incorrect postal code in my profile and it forced me to enter something there.

Why?

What good is the postal code for someone in Germany or Guam or somesuch place?

18. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    I never realized that "full screen (wide) display" was actually a listed feature of BigSoccer Supporters Club - Platinum until I just went and looked. I wish I hadn't of resubscribed for another year until I was sure I'd be visiting with the frequency I was before the change. Didn't know it would look like this.

19. giffenbone

giffenbone Member

Jan 22, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    i don't even think the kicks are working

i kicked this thread 10 minutes ago, left it, came back and it says it's back to 1 kick.

EDIT: Damn...foiled again. The kicks are working for me now

20. CG

CG Member

Jul 25, 2001
    bring back the yellow look. bring back last page button and widescreen.

21. kahlva

kahlva New Member

Feb 2, 2007
    Agree. Totally.

The kicks need to go.
    This version is harder to read and really less pleasing to the eye (colors, smaller space)
    Oh, and the server is a lot slower.

Count me as a vote for bringing the old boards back (without the kicks) - please

22. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Let me define something I really hate about the new thread view.

Before avatars were kind of over on the left and I could overlook them easily. They were there but their placement meant they were understated. I liked that.

But now there much more in the middle of the screen and they tend to dominate the thread view. That is really getting on my nerves. The thread discussion should be front and center - not the avatars.

23. viper

viper New Member

Jun 7, 2000
    Paramus, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Besides going back to the old design (which was 1000 times better than this), can you put the Daily Soccer News section on the front page again. Also, please, please, please get rid of of the Kick it crap. Can't you just go back to the old design. Honestly, it wasn't broken and you know what they say about something that isn't broken.

24. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Okay - the mybigsoccer link takes me to the down page.

Bug?

25. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My advice - switch to an MLS skin, and the avatars go back to the nice left back position.