New BigSoccer (Baobab) Feedback & Suggestions Thread

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by Huss, Jul 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Had to go into work this morning for some nonsense that just ended up getting cancelled.

Anyway, dropped in to Big Soccer from my work computer and now I see all the changes that I didn't see at home. It'll take some absorption before I care to comment further.

2. Z010 Union

Z010 Union Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any possibility that the Who's Browsing the Forum box is coming back...I only see it on threads.

3. revelation

revelation Member+

Dec 17, 1998
    FC St. Pauli
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Login is now more cumbersome - don't like it. Why do I have to click multiple times?

I pay for adfree so that I can get a full screen of posts and the forum. Now I might as well stop paying for it because I've lost the full screen. So, the side menu really adds nothing except shoving the posts to the right so that I have to scroll the screen to see them.

Oh, yea, the kicks - don't like them, don't want them, don't like wasting bandwidth to see them.

4. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    That's cool, I can wait it out. One thing I do miss is the old homepage and BigSoccer Live. I used Live alot to get in on current discussions.

5. F96

F96 Member+

Oct 24, 2002
    Skåne
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    I think that the posts should be better marked-off (hope yu now what I mean).
    Maybe back-to-back posts shuld be in a slightly different colour?

Old (space between posts)
    [​IMG]

new (That black line alone is not enough imo.)
    [​IMG]

6. WarrenWallace

WarrenWallace Member

Mar 12, 1999
    Beer and Cheese
    Yes. So far underwhelmed and unimpressed.

7. revelation

revelation Member+

Dec 17, 1998
    FC St. Pauli
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    The MLS Club forum is now just nasty to look at. No one posted in the actual forum, it was simply a link to the club fora - now they are shoved into oblivion at the top of the page...

8. CG

CG Member

Jul 25, 2001
    I agree with this.

9. L.G.S

L.G.S New Member

Aug 31, 2006
    England
    Not to be rude but this new forum look is nasty and terrible in design. What would a new member do to look around? Probably run off scared.

There is so much stuff on pages and topics which aren't defined from one another, so sometimes it is very confusing to read.

Then you have the completely open posts which are only separated by a HR line, which isn't easy on the eyes and doesn't make you want to look at it.

There is a LOT of stuff above the first post of a topic its unreal, I came on here and thought "oh no they've butchered it" because the front page really is poor.

10. srd....

srd.... Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Cork City.
    honestly bud you'll get used to it pretty quick,another car site i use has a similar layout which was wierd at first but after a day or two hardly noticed it anymore.

11. nsa

nsa Member+

New England Revolution
    United States
    Feb 22, 1999
    Notboston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What good is it to have a widescreen display when BS is limited in width? :mad:

How do you quote someone's post?

How do you change the number of posts per page? I'd been using 40 per page on the old site and can't find how to change it here.

On a thread with many pages, where's the "last page" link?

Why does the "Next" button take you to the first page if you're at the end of a thread? Shouldn't it be disabled?

This red shade hurts my eyes.

Kill the kicks.

12. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Agree totally

13. elementbr10

elementbr10 Member

Jul 5, 2006
    Texas City, TX
    I posted this in the Dynamo part of the board and somebody else was having the same problem. I've been using the Dynamo skin and now the posts don't fit in the screen without having to scroll. Since the page has gone to the default vBulletin theme, the skin starts at the top and the thread starts a little over and runs about an inch past the end of the header.

14. white riot

white riot Member+

England
    Apr 27, 2005
    Southampton, England
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Why do people insist on change for change sake? Have you got nothing better to do? It's a real pet hate of mine. The best bit is the "club" line, it's still there but they're all blank, I'm sure there was another thread where people were beta testing this crap, did they all miss the club thing, I saw it as soon as I logged on and I'm an idiot.

15. srd....

srd.... Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Cork City.
    reply link in the post you want to quote bud :)

16. revelation

revelation Member+

Dec 17, 1998
    FC St. Pauli
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    The prominence of the avatars is not good. I actually care more about the posters name than what they choose to show the world in their avatar (even my own). Names are now an afterthought.

Also the date of the last post is now buried. I actually liked knowing when a previous post was made so that I could perhaps add a bit of context to the post.

17. F96

F96 Member+

Oct 24, 2002
    Skåne
    Club:
    Hannover 96

Dito and will "search" be back soon?

18. Autogolazo

Autogolazo BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 19, 2000
    Bombay Beach, CA
    One thing that needs to be changed, IMHO, is the MLS Clubs presentation.

Used to be, clicking on MLS Clubs meant you could scan the latest thread posted in for EACH team without having to click through to the forum. That's how I could keep abreast of the breaking news on the team level without having to click through to every team forum first--stuff that wouldn't make it to MLSN&A.

Now, the front page for MLS Clubs has lousy MLS General at the bottom of it--huh?

What's posted in MLS General shouldn't be the "face" for MLS Clubs. Some of us have been around here for over 7-8 years and are looking to go straight to hard news. No one should be made to look at that "Rob Stone..." thread if they're searching for MLS Club news.

19. Pack87Man

Pack87Man BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 1, 2001
    Quad Cities
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have a widescreen monitor, and I appreciated the fact that BigSoccer was one of the few sites that was going to fill the entire thing. Now it's just a small column down the middle. I also want to echo the sentiments of the other posters saying that I would like the username above the avatar, not below it.

20. maturin

maturin Member

Jun 8, 2004
    How might one reply without quoting?

Can we have the club indicator back?

Are Kicks going away?

Are Kicks going away?

Are Kicks going away?

21. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    15 posts per page is awful, especially since there's more images now. Give me back my 40 posts per page (or more, that'd be even better).
    This is going to kill my attempts to moderate via blackberry.

22. Es Brennt

Es Brennt Member+

Feb 25, 2003
    Shermer, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    The new default skin is horrid.
    Using the soccer365 skin is pretty much the only way to view this.
    Hate the kicks.
    I like to see user's club allegiance.

Edit:Quick Reply is anything but, it took nearly two minutes for this to post.

23. I-Got-The-BLUES

May 1, 2006
    Orlando, Florida.
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    I'm not a fan of white backrounds on forums. It's way to bright for me. I'd love to have the option of the Gold (seemed so much like a BigSoccer colour).

Also, it's been mentioned, but I like to skip to the last page of the thread, without having to guess what the last page number is, and manually typing it into the address bar. Just a simple click would be great.

The user names are waaaay to small.

24. nsa

nsa Member+

New England Revolution
    United States
    Feb 22, 1999
    Notboston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Never expected that. :rolleyes: But then the multi-quote thing works similarly with the "Reply" button for the thread.

Or use one of the team skins since they still have the "Quote" button. (But you lose multi-quote.) The team skins also use the full width of the display, too.

25. branko97

branko97 Member

May 30, 2001
    New York City
    I must have missed the memo about "kicks" when they were added a while back. What are they? What purpose do they serve, besides cluttering up the screen? What do they add to the BS experience?