New BigSoccer (Baobab) Feedback & Suggestions Thread

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by Huss, Jul 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    oh and i would also apply a light shade to the alternative skins quote box ;)

2. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Looking better today, much better...or is it just growing on me :)

Anyway, it can't have been much fun spending the entire weekend working on this whilst everyone else was off relaxing and coming on here to whinge :D - however, would it be possible to have back the 40 page post setting?

I know it's been brought up before, but I don't see any answer on it.

3. RealMadGunner

RealMadGunner Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Well, i've used it for all the thing i generally do on BS .. Its not that bad ..

+
    1. Looks modern ..
    2. The left panel, javascript thing is cool .. I don't have to use the drop down all the tiem now ..
    3. The colour combination on the banner & the left panel is also pretty cool ..

-
    1. I think the fonts are a little too small .. I believe you are using Arial fonts .. I suggest it should be switched back to the older ones .. They were easier to read ..
    2. The 'only white' background hurts my eyes .. The old skin had the little streaks of yellow boxes after each post, so the amount of white was reduced and wasn't too hard to read for a long time .. I suggest putting some pleasing colour in the 'white un-used space' ..
    3. The quote, multi quote & the quick reply buttons should be more prominent .. It looks like another piece of text and not like a button ..
    4. The old thing, displayign the time of the post, right on top of the user name as better, if u ask me ..

PS: I appreciate you guys doign all teh hard work to make it better .. It'd probably take a while for us to get used to .. I like the look, the functionalities of the new BS but i prefer the feel of the old one ..
    And will check out het kicks thing also ..

EDIT: Can you get the report post, rep button & onlien thing right where the post ends, instead of it being under the user name ?!

4. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Thanks.

5. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    doh! Thanks

6. CG

CG Member

Jul 25, 2001
    why not just go back to the gold? It'd be nice to have an answer.

7. Jay Goppingen

Jay Goppingen Member

Aug 8, 2003
    Teh internets
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is there a way to get Guestbook entries off of the new "Bigsoccer Live" sort-by-date view? I am looking at 2 guestbook threads by Bill Archer sure to bring up political debate. While he's entitled to his political views and anyone should be able to write what they want in their own guestbook forum, it shouldn't be available for all to see on the sort-by-view on the main page.

8. RealMadGunner

RealMadGunner Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Where did the 'subscribe to thread' thing go ?

9. United_Caps_Fan

United_Caps_Fan New Member

Apr 25, 2004
    Alexandria,VA 134/35
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Please take the following with a grain of salt. I realise that you are changing things quite alot over the last few days and over the next week. This was my first gut reaction this morning:

Yeah, I was hoping it was just a nightmare. BIGSOCCER now officially SUCKS.

Hey BIGSOCCER, wanna see what a GOOD message board looks like? Go here:

Pittsburgh Penguins Message Board

The white background here is just TERRIBLE. If I wanted to stare at a white background, I would look at a word document.

Where is my location? Where is the club I support? Where is all the user information now??????

Where are the smileys for posts????? EDIT: Smileys seem to now be back.

Terrible interface, and rapidly becoming terrible message boards in general.

EDIT: Its gotten somewhat better, but I still want more color/ less white, and I want all the user information back by each posters name and avatar. I will give it a week or so, but if some things are not improoved upon to get us back to what it used to be, I cant seem me continuing to use bigsoccer much in the future. Ill try and be patient and see how things go though. And I do mean it about the Penguins Message boards. THey are easy on the eyes, nice to look at, and the layout is very easy to navigate.

10. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Why am I receiving email notifications of new posts, even though I've turned them off in my profile?

And why does Stevie Wonder still have a job in the Bigsoccer design department? Surely the last "upgrade" should have been enough to get him his P45.

11. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not sure where this should go or if it was covered but does everybody have ads now no matter how much you paid to be a member?

edit: ok this probably should go in bugs
    cause I switched skins from soccer365 and the ads are gone
    sorry

12. GutBomb

GutBomb Red Card

Aug 28, 2003
    Outside Boston
    I hate to keep beating a dead horse, but can we get an answer to this question:

What is the reasoning that the full page width browsing was taken away from the MLSNet skin? It was the one skin we could use the site easy to read again.

13. nsa

nsa Member+

New England Revolution
    United States
    Feb 22, 1999
    Notboston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Could it be this?

14. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is why you should read (or search) a thread before asking questions. I asked this, got a reply, AND thanked that reply - check back one page and you'll have your answer.

15. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The subforums are looking much, much better. If the same level of improvements can be made to individual threads, I'll have much more nice things to say. :)

Also, we're begging, please implement some "work friendly" skins soon. The old gray one was particularly nice.

16. GutBomb

GutBomb Red Card

Aug 28, 2003
    Outside Boston
    Ok can any paid members verify if the forums are fully wide in MLSNet mode or the the bigsoccer default mode then?

Some browsers (like safari and firefox) allow you to supply your own stylesheet for sites that have poor designs. I'll be working on one today to try to bring back the old look as good as I can.

17. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    The MLS site is designed to 990px. We are complying with MLS specs. Likewise, MLS specs call for a grey on grey color scheme.

Premium membership only applies to BigSoccer skins.

Please see the Premium Member forum for a conversation about this. There will be a wide screen option.