New 3rd Jersey Has Arrived

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by Tigereye, Sep 22, 2011.

1. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda

I agree with this-I think if you had enough orange on it-a blue second could work.

2. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's a bs excuse on the blacks...you can always swap into regular jersey.

Still...if we must do some form of orange...UT orange would be awesome. See how many aggies end up buying them :D

JC507 repped this.
  3. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda

don't shoot the messenger-I am just restating what I was told from someone in the know.

I WOULD NOT BUY a burnt orange jersey. Sorry-have to draw a line somewhere.

DocBrass, Dynamo_Forever and Levy2k6 repped this.
  4. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda

you-know if Adidas was all about jersey sales-I can guarantee that they would see like hotcakes if we had a black third.

5. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I have to say that the current Home jersey in long sleeve is the sharpest jersey they have designed for the Dynamo. I may be a bit partial, but it's the best in the league.

6. Hungryjack

Hungryjack Member+

Jul 8, 2006
    Houston
    Just say no to blue jerseys. Not now. Not ever.

7. evilmonkeycmand

Jun 29, 2011
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm currently at A&M. While the Dynamo are more heavily supported by far than FC Dallas, I see much more FC Dallas gear. All Dynamo merchandise I do see is gray (except for my Cameron t-shirt).

Heft repped this.
  8. txsn

txsn Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think a Space City blue wouldnt be like yall are thinking. It wouldnt be a SKC jersey. It could still have plenty of our orange. A medium amount of space city blue can go a long way and make a very unique jersey when paired with orange.

9. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Ugliest color ever. I would not either.

10. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda

I am on your side-talk to the FO.

But I see their point. If another team did a orange 3rd, people would say that is so Dynamo. Why do you think COR went to a royal blue (CO state flag theme) second? SKC has the sky blue thing.

It's all about marketing and identity. I say screw the third. I think black with orange would be the bomb as a second. A white away is getting boring.

11. crocken

crocken Member

Jan 28, 2011
    MD
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I'd rock burnt orange and I don't even like UT. We need to take it before Dallas does a burnt orange/white hoop one ,which would be gorgeous and infuriating

12. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like the white second jersey. We don't have to use it often since the first jersey is so different from most teams' main one. I think they look good and would like one, but wearing one to a game sort of defeats the purpose of wearing a Dynamo jersey to a game. Still, they look sharp. Not crazy about black and hate the blue as a main color, I hated it on the Oilers too. To me, it's never been "space city," it reminds me of "baby blue."

13. .César.

.César. Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Houston
    Dynamo needs to stay all orange if they really want to promote forever orange. White shorts? Meh. Go all orange. It'll identify us more imo. And no, it's not copying the orange machine in the Netherlands

*rey*, JC507, Heft and 1 other person repped this.
  14. footyfool

footyfool Member+

May 8, 2008
    Houston
    Personally, I'm not a big fan of monochrome uniforms of any color. I like contrasting shorts and shirts.

redinthemorning repped this.
  15. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Member+

Jun 28, 2002
    Houston
    Chicago has been wearing all red since they came into the league and that didn't stop us from having a red 3rd jersey, I don't see why KC using blue should stop us from using it.

redinthemorning and El Naranja repped this.
  16. madmatt621

madmatt621 Member

Jan 29, 2008
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The 3rd jersey isn't neccesarily supposed to have home or away colors.

Montreal's 3rd has black, but still has the blue which is on both home and away uniforms.
    Philly's third has white, black, and red. Black and red aren't on either home or away uniforms.
    Sporting's 3rd has black, but still has the light blue which is on both home and away uniforms.
    LA's 3rd has green, red, black, and gold. Gold is on the away uniform. The others aren't on either home or away uniforms.
    Portland's 3rd has green and white. Both of which are on the home uniform.
    Seattle's 3rd has gold and sky blue(?). Neither of which are on either uniform.
    Vancouver's 3rd has brown and light blue. Light blue is on the home uniform, but brown is on neither.

Houston's 3rd has red, light blue, and orange. Red is on neither home or away uniforms.

17. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When we had GreenStar I always thought a purple/green would be sharp. Oh well...

18. antnee7898

antnee7898 Member

Oct 19, 2007
    South Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. Levy2k6

Levy2k6 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 19, 2010
    Section 129, Row A
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Heft repped this.
  20. DocBrass

DocBrass Member

May 26, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Third jerseys don't have to be anything like a team's regular colors. But I hate light blue like KC. Black would be better but it's sorta overused. I just like orange. Orange says Dynamo. Wherever we go, whoever we play, they will know us by our color. Some different jersey in orange would be cool for me. We ARE orange, forever we are orange.

22. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    I agree. I could get behind an off the wall jersey but using colors that represent the primary color of another team in our league is not my preference. That being said it is a third jersey used only a few times, so it really doesn't matter much.

23. TX Bill

TX Bill Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    Sugar Land TX
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've always thought black with orange trim. Haven't changed my mind.

tigerheadsaints and Levy2k6 repped this.
  24. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The VT jersey was sharp as hell. Really wish I hadn't been a college student back then....An Astros throwack jersey could look badass...or clownish (do you trust Adidas?). Maybe a Hurricane jersey? They could always askGlenn for advice on that....

JC507 and Levy2k6 repped this.
  25. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Does anybody know if BBVA Compass will be the new shirt sponsor? Or are they just sponsoring the testimonial match? I think it's a great shirt sponsor.

[​IMG]

*rey* repped this.