Never heard a sweeter sounding word than Feyenoord part 2

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by feyenoordsoccerfan, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I didn't watch the match yesterday so I can't make any judgement. Did van Bronckhorst not prepare the team? Other than Vente, all of the other field players are decent but it looks like they all picked the same day to have an awful match.

2. It makes one wonder.
    When a team makes such a collective disaster performance the one to look at is in such a case the coach.
    Whatever reasons there may be, this opponent isnot worth talking about. They even should be annihilated by our reserve team.
    Well, the title race is going to be two track race this season.

3. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Don't give up so soon!!!:)

4. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    OMG!!!! How much longer does van Bronckhorst stay in the job? What the heck is wrong with this club????

5. It's more about certain players not up to the first team anymore.
    Dunno what's wrong with Sven van Beek, as you cannot forget how to defend after being unjured, although he's been out very long. Hopefully just needing to find his mojo back.
    Others, like JPB, just have lost my confidence in being first team material. Put him on the ship out list asap. He has zero professional attitude and on the pitch, like today is a hazard to the team.
    Out with him. Let him enjoy his time at clubs less ambitious, cause there's where he belongs.
    Others are becoming a liability because of their age and tend to go for fouls to compensate for their lost speed and agility. Unfortunately it's the central defense
    where the problems are felt the hardest as Botteghyn, van der Heijden and van Beek all three are sub par from what they used to be.
    I've the feeling the back office operates on a contingency level instead of having a blueprint for the next 4 years where gaps are going to appear (the CDefenders!), probable midfield mutations (Vilhena) etc.
    This reactive way of running the club keeps us in a backward position in respect to PSV and Ajax.
    It has been the MO of the club since the days of Jeroen, when I critisized the management for being the one constant factor present in the year on year mediocre performance under different coaches and with different players.
    That new stadium building as a ticket to overcome the gap between us and the other two is just an example of magical thinking. Not by being managed well, but by a lottery ticket winning a place at the same level as the other two.
    Got a surprise for those believing in magical solutions. They donot exist.
    Better management is key to improvement, not more money.
    Harsh times had to be overcome, but that doesnot mean you don't have to prepare yourself for the future! It's a continious proces and a necesity for Dutch top clubs in general, but especially for a club like Feyenoord.
    The sub par management culture that was present in the Jeroen times and threw us back considerably compared to the other two (no regular CL ment budget wise tens of millions lag and considerable less transfer fees for players sold, adding to the backlog).
    We need management that is capable of both running the lot in the present, but also with a keen analytic eye for what's needed in the coming years and able to translate that into internal scripts for actions.

Orange14 repped this.
  6. To end in a positive note:
    video of the U19 final Real Madrid - Feyenoord of the Mladen Ramljak tournement

7. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Only watched the first half... both teams were pretty lackluster and sloppy, but I thought it was a pretty even match. Feyenoord played too narrowly, both full backs (St. Juste and Verdonk) had terrible time to get involved in the game. Berghuis, Toornstra, and Van Persie were awfully quiet in their own standard, and it was unacceptable given the seniority they have in the team. In the case of RVP, surely he was struggling with injury or old age, maybe both. Vilhena tried hard and hustled a lot. He should have at least tested the GK after a nice set up by Berghuis. Boetius did beat his man a couple of times, but no final products. Clasie is a man with zero confidence, very tentative every time he touched the ball.

8. Eintracht Frankfurt wants Vilhena, but after the disastrous opening of the new season Feyenoord is backtracking on the willingness to sell him.
    Not sure if that's a right decision if it means you brake a "promise".

9. Well, it's probably over with JPB. Feyenoord is rumoured to cut him loose. Preferably he has to be gone before the transfer window closes.
    This picture after his red card tells everything:
    [​IMG]

This evening at 20:30 CEST Feyenoord can try to rehabilitate themselves from the last 7 days of disfunctioning.
    [​IMG]

In principle it should be doable, as the opponent really isnot worth talking about. However with the shaky attitude/strength of confidence/will of determination of the last week, every opponent becomes a mountain to climb, even when in reality it's nothing more than a molehill.

10. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^^Four goals without conceding just to send things to extra time is a steep hill to climb. Hope everyone is healthy for this match.

11. It could have been done, but the direct counter punch ment instead of 5 they had to score 6. From reports I read they had 28 chances with 9 shots on target.
    As I already wrote things come in three, so bad things too.

12. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Really nice to see the supporters throwing money down at the 19 minute mark to raise money for the Children's Hospital. Props to Feyenoord from this Ajax supporter!!;)

13. Last evening former player van Hooijdonk has uttered the opinion that we need a sheikh.
    The reason?
    We're a big club with a lack of funds to compete with PSV and Ajax.
    So instead of getting better management that manages to raise the revenues by results, we should give our soul of the club in the hands of a sand hopper. Right.
    Feyenoord in the sixties was one of the richest club in the world. We squandered that lead by mismanagement and ultimately that lead us into risk of default.
    (I also blame van Hanegem and the other Dutch players of our golden team for that too, who prevented the needed upgrading of the team to protect fellow players like Wery, by among others preventing German star players to join us. The shameful result was the elimination by Ut Arad, also due to the arrogance shown by van Hanegem in those matches, thus preventing us to extend our domination in Europe and thus handing over the crown to Ajax, who grabbed the chance and made themselves into legends).
    While being grateful towards Jorien saving the club, he also was the hinder into lifting the club to the level where we as a club should be. He was more busy with attacking anyone he saw as putting down Feyenoord, than with building a sound organization for success.
    When not so long ago the management that ousted Jorien thought it was a great idea to spend much in order to get CL money, things went bad again and we needed a couple of "Joriens" aka "Friends of Feyenoord" to bail us out of trouble again.
    So my dear Pierre van Hooijdonk.
    Twice we had management that spent over our capabilities leading us into disaster and not into success.
    It shows that without top management you get nowhere spending money. I recently shot down as "magical thinking" the idea within the current management we're going to challenge PSV and Ajax with the new stadium.
    Apart from the question how much of the revenues projected from the new stadium is realistic, it negates the core issue: "No capable top management, no top results".
    So the Pierre idea we need a big bag of cash from some oil well and presto, we will be top again shows he hasnot been paying attention the last few decades.
    Hell, he as a player was part of a failing club, so much it caused fans to uproar.
    He should think about that period and ask himself if there is much improvement from those days.
    We came back from being dead and almost buried and the management for that resurrection job did a great job and as a cherry on the cake we won the title. However for the next step it requires an other way of thinking and I'm not sure if the current team has what it takes to lift us as an organization to the next level.
    No amount of money is going to change that. When you hand over the control to someone, who's only link with the club is a bag of money and the opportunity to buy a club with a name, you also loose the soul of the club.
    The KNVB shouls asap implement the German 51% rule, so these idiotic ideas have no chance anymore.

aveslacker and Orange14 repped this.
  14. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^^ Good comments. It's baffling to me that the club has the second largest stadium in the country and a top flight youth program and still cannot regularly content for trophies.

15. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And it's sad, too, because a club with that kind of tradition and fan base should be routinely fighting for the top spot.

Orange14 repped this.
  16. Van Hanegem isnot my favourite column writer, as readers of my posts in here know. After this weekend he had another one, in which he critisizes the management of Feyenoord. Well, in that respect he can join my post up here. But then he starts about Boëtius.
    "Ze liggen nergens meer wakker van. Ja, van Jean-Paul Boëtius die twee domme gele kaarten kreeg tegen De Graafschap. Dat noem ik nou een makkelijk slachtoffer, zeker omdat anderen in de Kuip overal maar mee wegkomen."

"They no longer loose sleep about anything. Yes, about Jean-Paul Boëtius who got two stupid yellow cards against De Graafschap. I call that an easy victim, especially because others in the Kuip get away with anything."

No, Willem. He's not an easy victim. That implies he made his first "mistake". It wasnot and it was the straw that broke the camel's back.
    People that follow me for years know I was a fan of JPB. I even was the opinion van Gaal should have taken him to the WC2014. But JPB turned into a person without drive, interest in getting better. Hell, even staying the same level was too much asked. He got his chance at Basel and did nothing, got another chance at Brugge with the same result and now at Feyenoord he is simply going downhill. The skills are still there, but what is needed to make them usefull is gone.
    So no Willem, unless you've been sleeping the last 4 years, you know he's not an easy victim. He's being treated in congruence with how he has performed those years and as a result of his unprofessional behaviour the last three weeks.
    He was served right.

17. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    @feyenoordsoccerfan
    whats your views on clasie given his outings so far. will he be able to fill El Ahmadi shoes.

18. Clasie has been on erratic play time the last two seasons, so he lost the automatic handling speed needed for his role. He just needs to get back into the game by playing regularly. Clasie is a different player compared to Karim El Ahmadi, who has more power in his body.

19. Night view of the to be built stadium
    [​IMG]
    The International Stadia Group has analyzed the plan and calls it realizable and well considered.
    [​IMG]

20. Liverpool oldie beats ManUnited oldie.
    Kuyt beats van Nistelrooij in U19 Feyenoord vs U19 PSV Supercup match
    [​IMG]

21. Another afternoon in the Abe Lenstra stadium rich in goals?
    The last eight confrontations both teams scored a combined number of 30 goals.
    Feyenoord won 7 of the last nine duels.
    So will Kik and his mates manage to make the balance pefect again with a win, as Feyenoord has one win more.
    [​IMG]
    De opstelling van Feyenoord.

[​IMG]

Edit: in 15 minutese we lead with 2 goals.