Never heard a sweeter sounding word than Feyenoord part 2

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by feyenoordsoccerfan, Jun 4, 2012.

1. According to the latest news it's a done deal. JPB is the replacement for Elia.

2. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Good move as he is better than Elia.

3. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Karsdorp to Roma set to finalized for 15M + bonuses. Good club for him !

Teak repped this.
  4. Teak

Teak Member+

Feyenoord, VfB Stuttgart, Valencia
    Nov 22, 2008
    Grain Belt
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    If true, that is a bit better price than what Roma was offering. Time to buy Amrabat and a new left back.

5. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    also Kevin diks is being lined up to replace him .

6. Up till now no agreement has been reached, so Roma still offers to little for Karsdorp. It emphasizes what I posted about the tactical error of permitting negotiations between Roma and RK.

7. I donot want him. He wasnot good too many times at Vitesse.

8. According to news media Roma is putting pressure on Feyenoord and still only want to pay 12 million. It again shows I'm right. Roma has agreed a lofty salary with RK and now are trying to make Feyenoord pay that salary by lowering the transfer price. The 8 million difference will cover several years of payment to RK. The tactical negotiating error I mentioned is now becoming more obvious with more leaked news. If Feyenoord had negotiated with Roma before they dealed with RK, the choice would have been for them to pay it or not, and in the event they had a picture of the total cost for 5 years they could offer RK less with the risk to loose him. Now they are in charge and not Feyenoord.

Clockwork_orange repped this.
  9. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Very foolish management

10. Teak

Teak Member+

Nov 22, 2008
    Grain Belt
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    On another site, the news (rumour) is that Roma paid either 16m (Dutch media) or 14m (Italian media) with 2m or 3m incentive bonus. There are twitter photos of him at the Rome airport so it isn't premature.

11. I still think it would be better to have closed the door to all clubs for any of the players with extended contracts. RK with exposure in the CL would become more valuable. He already was on the radar of top clubs and with good performance in the CL would probably convince them to pay PSV/Ajax prices.

12. Seems like we signed Amrabat for 4 million. Feyenoord got pressured when all of a sudden Ajax came in too. We wanted to pay 2.5, but now end up paying 4:mad:
    De Boer is reported to want to buy Renato Tapia.
    I'm not sure if it is time already to let him go. He plays very well for Peru's nat team against Messi and Suarez and Neymar, but somehow doesnot transfer that play to us. But given the superior opponents in the CL we need a player who is defensively strong to throw in when needed.

13. Teak

Teak Member+

Nov 22, 2008
    Grain Belt
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Rumor has it that Everton will mount a 20m Euro bid for Jorgensen. Feyenoord typically go into a new season without a decent striker so hopefully this doesn't happen this summer.

14. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    Kongolo signed for Monaco...we re talking about 13/15 millions.

I m really worried about Feyenoord next season, they are definitely losing quality.

15. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I can't see Feyenoord making a play on the CL now. Too bad.

16. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Karsdorp, Elia, Kuyt & Kongolo are out. Hopefully, Feyenoord use the money to get a couple of decent players in defense. I can see Vilhena & Jorgensen leaving too !

17. RWB1

RWB1 Member

Jun 20, 2008
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven

So in one week time Feyenoord lose half of their defense. Kongolo to Monaco, that is a suprise. But he is avery talented defender indeed. Feyenoord should invest now. A defense with Diks, vd Heijden and Nelom is a joke on CL level. I hope for Fsf Feyenoord will sign some better players than what they bought till now. They need a centre back with pace, a top quality left full back, a top left winger and Berghuis plus a better back-up striker than Kramer. However, I see van Geel just sign Haps from AZ and fail to sign any other much needed players.

18. Ajax seems to be targeting Haps too. Okay 020, feck off

19. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    At the moment they lost quality in every transfer Karsdorp/Diks, Elia/Boetius and now even Haps would be a downgrade compared to Kongolo.

If Vilhena stays, I wouldn't be surprised they use Amrabat as midfielder and put Toornstra back in the RW position. Which means they wouldn't buy any RW.

They need to make at least two transfers between 5/10 millions if they want more quality.

20. I would be surprised if Diks wins the competition with Nieuwkoop. I think Diks is more the back up than the replacement in the Right defense.
    It will be hard to find a Kongolo quality without paying more than what we got from Monaco.
    I have expectations for JPB though.

21. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    I think you should try spending on some south american players...For sure you won't find Kongolo's quality for less than 10 millions on the european market, but you can find in south america.

22. The problem is we have no feelers that I know of in those markets, like PSV with Westerhof.

23. The Mexican posters by the way adore Westerhof. If it was up to them, he would run the youth system of Mexico.

24. I think it was a grave mistake to put on the table a price Monaco was willing to pay. In fact it was a mistake to give a signal you were willing to let him go, to the club and to the player. Kongolo's transfer seems to have hit the selection as a bomb shell. The core of the team had signed up an extension and expected to go into the CL with the strong core intact. This move could shift things in the wrong direction. Core players were confident with the selection that extended their contracts to go into the CL. Now it becomes a question if they are willing to stay and become the whipping stuff of the group. We had a group of players that knew each other through and through. Now that has been broken.

25. Think Leerdam made a mistake with this move:
    I think he might regret making the move, as Feyenoord has sold both their full backs and now need quality replacement for CL football. Being transfer free was ideal for Feyenoord. Think he was too fast with this move.