Never heard a sweeter sounding word than Feyenoord part 2

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by feyenoordsoccerfan, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    question for Feyenoord fans.. rumors have it that Guyon Fernandez could be of Honduras descent thanks in part by his father and grandfather who are Hondurans. If true, he could be called-up for the Honduran NT rather quickly due to the poor depth of strikers uptop for Honduras currently.

so the question basically is.. is his father/grandfather Honduran?? is he Honduran at all??

2. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    It's possible that he is partly of Honduras descent, but Guyon was called up for the NT of Curacao not long ago and he turned them down so I don't know how much chance Honduras has to snap him up. He probably feels all the travelling will hurt his chances for Feyenoord.

3. Voetbal International declares Singh to be the Iniesta in the Eredivisie.
    Cannot wait for the season to kick off with comments like these. The "Open Dag" coming sunday will be a huge event blistering with expectations. I wonder how the new signings will feel when they are flown in into a boiling "Kuip" with the helicopters. It will be a spectacular and overwhelming experience for them to fly into the loaded stadium. I hope some one can post video's of that entrance .......please:)

By the way...for those who are in the Netherlands and have nothing better to do ...the weekend after the "Open Dag" on the 28th of July the Tropical "Zomercarnaval straat parade" takes place. You donot have to go to South America, experience it in Rotterdam!! It starts at 13:00 CET.
    http://www.zomercarnaval.nl/nl/English

4. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Honduras NT is a significant step-up from the Curacao NT. First we need to know whether he has any Honduran blood in him, then begin to inquire whether a World Cup qualifying side may spark his interest as to kicking off a potential International career.

5. I have no idea, but his twiiter account is: http://twitter.com/Guyonfernandez9

I donot know how it works and if you can contact him via twitter. If so, you could ask it himself. Maybe it is in wikipedia to be found.

6. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  7. We drew Dynamo Kiev as the opponent on the way to the CL. Not good as it is the best team from the bunch we could draw.

8. Teak

Teak Member+

Feyenoord, VfB Stuttgart, Valencia
    Nov 22, 2008
    Grain Belt
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Watching the FC Dordrecht - Feyenoord match online. 1-4 at the half to Feyenoord. Here was the starting lineup in a 4-4-2 formation:

Mulder
    Janmaat, de Vrij, BMI, Nelom
    Leerdam, Clasie, Immers, Vilhena
    Cisse, Schaken

Midfield was 4-man diamond with Clasie at bottom, Immers at top, Vilhena left and Leerdam right.
    Scoring:
    12' 0-1 Cisse set up by Schaken
    ~18' 1-1
    35' 1-2 Schaken set up by Cisse
    40' 1-3 Cisse set up by Clasie
    42' 1-4 Cisse set up by Schaken

9. Teak

Teak Member+

Nov 22, 2008
    Grain Belt
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    And it ends 1-5 with Achabar scoring in the 74th minute from a setup by Guyon Fernandez. Here is the second half lineup:

Mulder
    Janmaat, Vlaar, Ramsteijn, Kongolo
    Omar E, Vormer, Singh, Cabral
    Guyon, te Vrede

54' Achabar replaces te Vrede
    64' Mokotjo replaces Janmaat

10. Gorginio Wijnaldum tells that he scored the last matches because of sms's with advise by Roy Makaay. Roy must stop doing that immediataley. It isnot his task to improve PSV players. If the PSV staff is incapable of doing so it is Gorgio's bad, not ours.

11. curbo

curbo Member

Apr 14, 2012
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Wijnaldum always made the impression of a good kid to me. He donated money to the feyenoord acadamy from his transfer to PSV for crying out loud.
    So what if Makaay sends him an -SMS- with a tip or comment. Its not as if Makaay is spending business hours analysing Wijnaldum,
    Bigger demons to worry about..

12. Anybody got the"Open Dag" video footage to post in here?

13. Teak

Teak Member+

Nov 22, 2008
    Grain Belt
    Club:
    Feyenoord
  14. Helicopter entrance

By the way, our carnival queen coming weekend!!!!

15. Teak

Teak Member+

Nov 22, 2008
    Grain Belt
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Final pre-season friendly ends 0-0 Feyenoord v RCD Mallorca.

Starting lineup:
    Mulder
    Leerdam, de Vrij, Vlaar, Bruno Martins-Indi
    Vormer, Clasie
    Schaken, Immers, Cisse
    Fernandez

Second half saw Janmaat in for Leerdam (45')
    Singh in for Vormer (65')
    Omar E in for Cisse (74')
    Cabral in for Schaken (74')

But, everyone forgot their shooting boots. Lots of long-range, off-target shots. Immers missed the most chances.

16. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^Immers is really not very good and I'm surprised that Feyenoord went after him.​

17. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    They have a certain kid called Vilhena on the bench that would know what to do with all those chances. I mean the one he got before the brake was pretty inexcusable to miss. The sooner Vilhena grabs his chance the better. On the other hand I wonder how Acha boy would turn out there.

18. curbo

curbo Member

Apr 14, 2012
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    In the Mallorca game Omar Elabdellaoui made a very good impression on me, very skillfull and tacticly aware. Very curious how he will be used in the team. Pitbull Clasie once again MoTM for me, breaking every possible counterattack and pressuring Mallorca very high up on the pitch like very few others can.
    What suprised me most though was how un-friendly the game was. Very rough and at numerous times dirty. Though thats what you get with Mallorca these last few years.

19. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Agree but his weird pass to that Mallorca player is a point of improvement. In his position and to become absolute top he needs to work on those mental lapses also. Koeman didn't understand it as well. He has those passing inaccuracies at times. People's expectations will be higher this year. It is always a nervy business if the player you want to do good is able to continue his grow and can answer to in creased responsibility weighing in his shoulders.

20. vagegast

vagegast Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Herndon, VA
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Vlaar gone to Aston Villa for 4mil

21. Bran

Bran Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Nijmegen
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    same here, very weird move. Especially since Feyenoord already has way to many midfielders and tons of upcoming talent that will be way better than Immers. There many weak point is the lack of a real striker and the wingers, but almost no reinforcements are made on that part.

22. curbo

curbo Member

Apr 14, 2012
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Well thats a shame. I had the feeling he'd leave but am a little bit suprised he went with Aston Villa still. Hope our defenders can stay relatively injury free this season, they'll need it.
    And ofcourse I wouldnt be horribly against a bought reinforcement for him, but thats not going to happen.

So unless im missing anyone, these are our defenders for this season. Pretty huge amount of talent, and dispite young age most of them have proved to be unafraid. Im excited to see how it works out.
    Oh and Mokotjo ofcourse is a midfielder we use as a defender when in need, so i included him.

Defender - age - progamesplayedtotal (In order of pro-games played total)
    Janmaat - 23 - 109
    Leerdam - 22 - 86
    De Vrij - 20 - 77
    Mokotjo - 21 - 60
    Nelom - 21 - 54
    Martins Indi - 20 - 44
    Ramstein - 22 - 32
    Schenkeveld - 20 - 17
    Kongolo - 18 - 1

23. Teak

Teak Member+

Nov 22, 2008
    Grain Belt
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Losing Vlaar will hurt in the short term, but this now gives another youngster a spot for full-time action. Kongolo, Nelom and Ramsteijn are the three who will benefit the most initially.

24. Quackmore

Quackmore Member

Jun 5, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    And more importantly it could free up some money for a much needed striker.

25. Teak

Teak Member+

Nov 22, 2008
    Grain Belt
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Yes it would. Question is, who? I was wondering how much Twente were offering to Inter for Castaignos. Probably >>4m.