Netherlands vs Brazil - WC Third Place Match 2014

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by Orange14, Jul 10, 2014.

1. windycity

windycity Member

Oct 19, 2001
    Where do you think
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Nice finish by Blind but my god is that defense horrendous

2. ihatewaiting4years

Apr 29, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    This is funny

3. windycity

windycity Member

Oct 19, 2001
    Where do you think
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    This is a game you could see quickly turning the other way tho.

4. windycity

windycity Member

Oct 19, 2001
    Where do you think
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    BMI has been bad this WC

5. windycity

windycity Member

Oct 19, 2001
    Where do you think
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Nice dive Maicon

6. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Decent first half but some of these guys are going to run out of gas in the 2nd. Pretty poor officiating. Silva should be off and we were really lucky to get the PK as it was outside the box. Also off sides on the Blind goal.

7. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    indeed.

the ref is very weak for this kind of standard.
    another poor choice by a la fifa…..

lets hope second half he don't show nonsense akward whistle call _ second yellow for robben… anything possible…

my predict at the back page stay same. :) 2-0

regards,

8. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    first half man of the match : robben.as usual :) what a lad……joy to see his every move. pure pro.

rvp looks more lively, he looks to take more response i.e.; willing to get pass ,and try to shot or cross etc…
    in argie game he were ghost in every aspect.
    kuyt is another man of the match of the first half. he closed brazil left side.

brazil looks more free kicks,from side or direct… they know they can find a goal or cause a danger position as a shots on goal by heading or shooting rebounding etc.
    ref very near and watch very detailed way of those fouls whistle,. but the elbow vs kuyt was pure foul and strike yellow,.. but,ref don't bother the call whistle… what a joke….

yellow card players must watch out for second yellow with poor probable whistle.

Netherlands no need to rise the game tempo/rhytim….<> just play control game,ball movement,. is is second half tactic that would suit and help to current score result .

regards,

9. ihatewaiting4years

Apr 29, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I can see this ending 3-1. Robben will get the 3rd goal for the Netherlands. Brazil is doing the same thing they were doing against Germany. The difference is that this time there's no pressure. Lol things really can't get any worse for them.

10. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    De Vrij is awesome. Postionally, his interception and tackles are amazing

11. windycity

windycity Member

Oct 19, 2001
    Where do you think
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Yeah he's been very good, better than I hoped or expected. Vlaar too

12. windycity

windycity Member

Oct 19, 2001
    Where do you think
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Brasilians getting dirty

But unlike the 2010 final for Oranje, they won't get blamed for it

13. ihatewaiting4years

Apr 29, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Believe it or not, I can see defense being a strength for you guys in 2018. A lot of young players were a part of the defense in this tournament. Blind, De Vrij, Martins Indi, are pretty young. Kongolo could be included for 2018. You've got guys like Clasie, De Guzman, and Georgino as potential midfielders. Strootman will still be there. Forwards/wingers you've got Depay. I don't know who else though. Maybe you guys could fill me in. Lens at striker....

roxbury repped this.
  14. ihatewaiting4years

Apr 29, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    half of the brazilian team should have red

15. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Clasie was very good as was Wijnaldum. De Guzman should be permanently axed. We already have De Jong, Clasie, Wijnaldum, Strootman as a core for the Euro qualifiers for the holding mid-field and other options like Van Ginkel,etc.

Highlight has been Vlaar-De Vrij duo. Rock solid. BMI has not added anything.

windycity repped this.
  16. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I was worried when Blind was stretchered off as I didn't see any particular injury. Fortunately he was back on the bench at the end of the match so maybe it was just exhaustion. Nice 1-2-3 on the final goal. Wijnaldum was much better today. Team defended OK against a Brazil team that aside from Oscar have very little technical ability which is simply stunning. Hernanes and Fernandinho can't do anything other than hack, hold and otherwise foul. Willian is a pint size bottle of nothing and their strikers would be lucky to start in the Eredivisie.

17. Roofvogel

Roofvogel Member

-
    Netherlands
    Jun 17, 2014
    Club:
    FC Groningen
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Awesome result. I wasn't excited about this before it started but 3-0 win vs. Brazil is great.
    It's sad we didn't reach the final, I believe we would have a real good chance to win it.

Cevno repped this.
  18. Sam_TO

Sam_TO Member

May 14, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Great run by Janmaat to assist the goal. His linkup with Robben has always been solid.

Wijnaldum was okay. Did make some mistakes before that goal, and we have better options in that position.

de Guzman and Indi should both be dropped.

19. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    What a solid WC which has been a huge development area for so many guys. LVG has tried so many guys and helped develop them. He has created a huge pool for Hiddink to work with.

20. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    Hi mate :)

We both almost spot on about result predict.
    I said 2-0,..but last minute goal blowed my precut.

Deserved victory. Well done Netherlands.

Bronz Medal fully deserved one.
    <>Its a bit bitter ending over all WC Finals 2014 for Netherlands, they deserved Gold alongside Germany to me.

Not just this game, All the way from the day 1 till today ; I think Robben deserve to be MVP of the tournament.
    In 2010 WC Finals Forlan did with Uruguay.

My vote for Robben.
    I hope He win.

Congrats to the Netherlands.

As a footy fan, Love to watching Orange in every tournament. Theyr the good side of this game in every period of the World Football.

Respect.

Regards,

windycity repped this.
  21. 2nd_striker

2nd_striker Member

May 21, 2008
    London
    Brazil are broken

Great world cup! On to Euro qualifying

22. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Well if Brazil was broken for us by Germany than we did that for Chile concerning Spain. Point is that we beat was was placed in front of us and a 3-0 in Brazil is a good result as before this game we played 2 times 120 minutes. Props for the boys giving their all again.

Netherlands actually has now a 3-1 winning record on WC's vs Brazil.

23. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Can't help thinking that if we were more industrious going forward against Argentina as we were today against Brazil we would be playing tomorrow instead of today.

Props to the team for coming out despite the disappointment of the other day and beating a team that had everything to play for and was shockingly bad. Did Cillessen even have one difficult save to make?

24. Diego Maradona

Diego Maradona Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    London, England
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Congrats on your win

DRB300 repped this.
  25. ihatewaiting4years

Apr 29, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Both were pretty close. We got the winner right though:thumbsup:. The Netherlands deserves their medal. Fun team to watch that came so close to making it back to the final. It's a shame Robben still hasn't won a major international trophy. Such a great player like him deserves a championship. I hope he somehow sticks around for the next 2 tournaments. Oh yeah after my two countries are out I always watch the Netherlands play. Every tournament they bring the fun side of football out for everyone to see.

roxbury repped this.