Pre-match: Netherland world cup prediction game

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by Clad, Apr 26, 2014.

1. Clad

Clad Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Here are my predictions:

Netherland vs spain- Netherland [draws] 0-0
    Netherland vs australial- Netherland [wins] 3-0
    Netherland vs chile- Netherland [wins] 1-0

(please use my format, as it makes it easy for me to tally everyones final score, any additional comments should be placed below your answers)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please also play or comment on the Japan version of this game. You can do this here if you wish:
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/community/threads/japan-world-cup-prediction-game.2003786/

2. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Netherlands vs. Spain 0-2
    Netherlands vs. Australia 2-1
    Netherlands vs. Chile 2-2

We'll barely squeak through finishing 2nd in our group, at which point we'll have to play Brazil in 2nd round and get slaughtered

3. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Netherlands-Spain win 2-1
    Netherlands-Australia win 2-0
    Netherlands-Chile draw 1-1

It will come down to goal difference between Chile and Netherlands for the top place. I think Spain will pull a France 2002 in this WC

4. sonicdream

sonicdream Member

Sep 27, 2002
    West of Suez canal
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    NED - ESP 0-1
    NED - AUS 1-1
    NED - CHI 1-2

Sorry mates but I have bad vibes about this tourney...

5. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Ned-Spain 0-2
    Ned-Aus 2-0
    Ned-Chil 0-2

6. MrOranjeBal

MrOranjeBal Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Club:
    AZ
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Netherlands vs Spain - Netherlands [wins] 2-1

Netherlands vs Australia - Netherlands [wins] 2-0

Netherlands vs Chile - Netherlands [draw] 0-0

Here goes nothing....

7. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    So far nobody thinks we can beat Chili, except OP.

8. Clad

Clad Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I
    I also dont understand how most of you guys think spaain vs netherlands isnt most likely to be 0-0

9. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I'm not sure if there is 1 Dutch player that would make the first 11 of Spain. Maybe even the second 11 of Spain :D. This has to be the weakest Dutch side since the eighties. It was a bit of a stunt that van Gaat us qualified as the best in the UEFA zone.

I know Spain does many 1-0 wins on tourney's and that they start slow and maybe that we can hold out. It's just that I marvel at the sight of Isco, Thiago, Iniesta, Silva, Xavi and that I know that Ron Vlaar who has the turning circle of an oil tanker is the best Dutch defender at the back. I would be surprised if one of those creative geniuses would not wrong foot a Vlaar, BMI or whoever and sneak a few through balls into the box for Diego Costa to convert from.

10. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    @DRB - addressing two of your posts. The Chile match is the final one in the group and they often are very conservatively played. In 2006 we played to a 0-0 tie with Argentina. Same thing might happen this year.

The reason Spain might pull a France and crash out is that they start tournaments slowly and a lot of their players are questionable right now. I also don't think much of Del Bosque as a manager; he's been fortunate to have the best players in the world who also functioned well as team. But they now have lots of problems. Xavi and Iniesta are playing very poorly at Barca; Xabi Alonso is too old and slow now. Tiago has been hurt on and off. Their defensive back line is unconvincing (Sergio Ramos is a Red card waiting to happen). Del Bosque doesn't like Llorente who is probably the best in form striker they have.

11. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I am just so underwhelmed by the Dutch NT in shear quality, certainly compared to Spain that I still think they can win easily with all the problems they have. I remember the Dutch U21 team in Israel totally dominated by Spain. The quality gap is too big.

I do not say it is impossible to get a result against them.

12. Antario2

Antario2 Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Netherland vs Spain- Netherland [draws] 0-0
    Netherland vs Australia- Netherland [wins] 2-1
    Netherland vs Chile- Netherland [draws] 2-2

13. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Van Gaat?? I see what you did there :)

Whats even more funny is some idiot on ESPN will come around and say Dutch are the favourites to win WC because they had the best qualifying record....LOL :D

We're f*cked. And not in a good way.

Oh well, there's always WC2026 :thumbsup:

14. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Netherland vs Spain- Netherland [draws] 1-1
    Netherland vs Australia- Netherland [wins] 2-1
    Netherland vs Chile- Netherland [draws] 2-2

I think Spain, Netherlands and Chile will share a point with each other. Their results against Australia will determine their group outcome. Netherlands vs. Spain in first game will be boring as hell, both teams will play ultra-conservative not wanting to trip out. The good news is that Spain seem to always start the tournament cold, so maybe holding them to a draw is pretty do-able.

15. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    2010 WC opening pool match: Spain 0 - Switzerland 1

You gotta believe that we will get the same result as out team is better than the Swiss!!!!

16. MrOranjeBal

MrOranjeBal Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Club:
    AZ
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I would certainly hope so!! It used to be.... If it still is, remains to be seen of course.

17. RobinVanRobben

May 1, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Netherland vs spain- Netherland [wins] 1-0
    Netherland vs australial- Netherland [wins] 3-0
    Netherland vs chile- Netherland [wins] 3-2

Why not? I do not see Oranje playing conservatively against Spain even though we will only score once. A victory here is better than a dose of the best performance enhancing drugs out there.

MrOranjeBal repped this.