Nepotism and No Accountability

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by #1 Feilhaber and Adu, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Ghost

Ghost Member+

Sep 5, 2001
    Put teenagers on the national team?

Don't you people understand that that's only for the son of the coach?

Especially when trying to earn a high-dollar European contract?

Sheesh.

2. Mahtzo1

Mahtzo1 Member+

Jan 15, 2007
    So Cal
    It will be interesting to hear players weigh in on Bradley. I don't believe it is a sure thing either way and could very well be a mixed bag. Look at how much grief Reyna has gotten from fans. Some of the criticisms of him were the same....play the ball back etc. Players, on the other hand, have often spoken out about how valuable he was. Bradley may or may not fit into that category. Somewhere along the line we will surely hear something about Bradley's play and leadership or lack thereof and also opinions on the charges of nepotism.

3. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Quote from the article.

Bolded is a HUUGGGEEE PART OF THE PROBLEM ND IT IS ACCURATE IMHO:

"....
    “While I found Bradley to be technically knowledgeable about the game, I have never seen a coach suck the life out of a team like that,” said the player, as quoted by Canales on Sideline Views. “He took every ounce of joy, not to mention fairness, out of the game.”

U.S. Soccer, and the American soccer community in general, is a small world where connections matter, information travels fast and speaking out on uncomfortable topics can lead to repercussions, so it’s very difficult to pin down what is fact and what is hearsay in this situation. But if Michael Bradley’s temper is as combustible as it seems, it may only be a matter of time before more such fireworks pop off in and around the Men’s National Team camp...."

4. Master O

Master O Member+

Jul 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Greed and arrogance are pillars for most of corporate America. I'm not surprised at all.

5. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    BUMP. LOL.

Imagine if he is named Captain again for these games.

Pl@ymaker and juveeer repped this.
  6. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    It's baaaaaaaaaaaaacccccccckkkk.....And I'm out.

7. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    Wait, if Will Trapp and Bradley occupy the same space at the same time, isn't there going to be some kind of anti-matter collision and the earth will implode?

I'm pretty sure i have the science right on this one.

dlokteff and adam tash repped this.
  8. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    [​IMG]

That looks like it could be Bradley's actually USMNT self-Portrait 40 years from now, the one that is shown on ESPN's pre-lineup announcement before kick-off.

"Your 2058 USMNT starting 11"

adam tash repped this.
  9. adam tash

adam tash Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Barcelona, Spain
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    nepotism abounds

10. adam tash

adam tash Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Barcelona, Spain
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

here is a good insight into how and why nepotistic behavior is the default in us soccer. its a closed system that bullies the media into playing its game like a fascist dictatorship. very un-american, imo

not hard to understand how it has permeated all the way down to on-field performance when the national team coach was hired by his brother and the last captain of the team was coached by his dad.

manfromgallifrey91 repped this.
  11. manfromgallifrey91

Swansea City
    United States
    Jul 24, 2015
    Wyoming, USA
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Probably deserves its own thread, that's an awful lot to unpack but to be honest, does it surprise anyone? The USSF should be better.

adam tash repped this.
  12. adam tash

adam tash Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Barcelona, Spain
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It filters down to the entire sport in the USA. Least of all it is BORING AF.