Nelson Rodriguez Career Deathwatch

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by xtomx, Sep 20, 2015.

1. Sting111

Sting111 Member+

Jan 17, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Ali Curtis replacing NRod would be fantastic! Almost as good as Bob Bradley replacing Pauno. Not going to happen unfortunately.

2. FrenFan

FrenFan Member

Jul 16, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Regarding Ali Curtis, I've heard the below story from two different people in the know:

When Red Bull was interviewing for the position of Sporting Director in late 2014, they brought in a lot of people, including Curtis and Rodriguez. The two have a previous history, with Curtis working under Rodriguez at the league office and perhaps not owing as much to his huge ego, N-Rod asked early on in his interview who else was in contention for the job.

When he was told Curtis had previously interviewed, Rodriguez ended his own, saying something to the effect that Curtis was much smarter than him and should be chosen for the job before politely walking out.

He likely already had the cakewalk position with USSF lined up, but interesting nonetheless.

GHjelm and seamuslush repped this.
  3. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How did this make it to page #3?

Joe in CO repped this.
  4. Joe in CO

Joe in CO Member

Dec 1, 2015
    Jamestown, CO by way of Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Jiggly_333 and lethargytartare repped this.
  5. loonixxx

loonixxx Member+

Chicago Red Stars
    Aug 28, 2004
    Soccer Limbo
    Club:
    Jagiellonia Bialystok SSA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Joe in CO repped this.
  6. splunge63

splunge63 Member+

Mar 30, 2014
    west burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Duplicitous schmendrick. Really want the team to do well. But if they do, it'll be tempered by knowing that NRod will be getting a lot of credit for the turnaround. Ugh.

xtomx repped this.
  7. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    I feel like with another loss we'll be Right Back where we finished last season....

8. Gamecock14

Gamecock14 Member+

May 27, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    We tied a columbus team that isn't any good right now and a team that just fired it's coach despite playing good enough to win the game against LAG.

We have yet to score a goal that was not primarily caused by an error or general confusion.

I don't feel that we are much better, as of right now.

9. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    Exactly...Right Back where we started....

HerthaBerwyn, SixKick and Gamecock14 repped this.
  10. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
  11. splunge63

splunge63 Member+

Mar 30, 2014
    west burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Can't wait for the deluge of praise NRod is going to get.

12. Joe in CO

Joe in CO Member

Dec 1, 2015
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I'll go right on ahead and nip that one is the ass:

Fvck Nelson Rodriguez and the process he rode in on...

The best he'll ever get from me is an upgrade to neutrality IF he manages to sign real RB (followed by another RB to back up said real RB), a #10, a speedy RW, a LW that'll occasionally play some D and maybe pass the ball (so Accam can go up top w/ Niko), some depth along the back line and fires Pauno.

The only way I'd give him "praise" would be if he had a sit down with Peter Wilt and somehow was managed to get talked out of his job as GM (Robert California style).

loonixxx and xtomx repped this.
  13. lncolnpk

lncolnpk Member+

Mar 5, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But the major DP signing was suppose to be when they were on the precipice according to NROD

14. lncolnpk

lncolnpk Member+

Mar 5, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guillermo Rivera @FireConf
    58s

NR says he's not concerned with age when asked about MLS trend for younger DPs. Cites numerous older winning athletes. #cf97

NR says going to South America isn't the only place to find a "10" #cf97

NR - this is a soccer decision made by Pauno and me. We should be judged by that. #cf97

NR - "This is part of the plan that we laid out" #cf97

Chris May @chrismayCF97
    6m

Same guy who has bloviated endlessly about only signing an expensive player as the "final piece of the puzzle." #cf97

Gamecock14 repped this.
  15. Joe in CO

Joe in CO Member

Dec 1, 2015
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    LOL, yes Pauno said he knows about a guy in the Hungarian third division that's an even better find than Arshakyan...

As for South America Nelly also would like every CF97 fan to pay no attention to the financial instability currently happening in Argentina where quality talent could be had on the very cheap. He also said pay no attention to ATLs success...

Chris M. repped this.
  16. lncolnpk

lncolnpk Member+

Mar 5, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. lncolnpk

lncolnpk Member+

Mar 5, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Orrin Schwarz @Orrin_Schwarz
    3m

NR: Since I've been here this club #cf97 has been criticized for not investing, getting big guy. Now we're criticized for not getting young.

18. loonixxx

loonixxx Member+

Chicago Red Stars
    Aug 28, 2004
    Soccer Limbo
    Club:
    Jagiellonia Bialystok SSA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To NRod: Cry me a fucking river. So the Fire finally signed a big name. How long did that take while the rest of the league breezed right past us? Back to back wooden spoons. Some of the worst defeats in the club's history came with Andrew Hauptman as our owner. What about the training facilities? You won't be able to hide how utter shit they are from Schweinsteiger when he arrives unless you have plans to upgrade them immediately.

LIZZIE, Joe in CO and xtomx repped this.
  19. lncolnpk

lncolnpk Member+

Mar 5, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am guessing that the Fire are going to use UIC for the rest of the year.

Jiggly_333 repped this.
  20. sWo97

sWo97 Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It took 13 months to meet with the player for the first time and another 4 to sign him.

21. GHjelm

GHjelm Member+

Apr 23, 2008
    Batavia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Results motherf*cker. We'll see how this turns out.

xtomx and Chris M. repped this.
  22. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Good. The team should NEVER stop trying to improve.

Even doing something great, he is still an ass about it.

Gamecock14, skinut and Joe in CO repped this.
  23. lurak

lurak Member+

Aug 24, 2007
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I'm sure that NRod has a wonderful plan to restore all of the TAM/GAM in the event the club is not sold. I await the sale of Accam and trade of Dax to bring the roster back into balance. Oops, I mean bring up the balance of TAM and GAM.

firefan2001 and Gamecock14 repped this.
  24. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just watched FIRE weekly. Nrod was one of the guests, man this guy makes me SICK. How he keeps on says how Andi is committed and is willing to spend to make this team great again. He didn't mention that if it wasn't for the league and ALL the funny money we collected (Because of SUCKING, trading away players, draft picks etc). NO WAY IN HELL would Bastian of signed with us.

xtomx and Jiggly_333 repped this.
  25. Sting111

Sting111 Member+

Jan 17, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I just hope that Bastian has a clue about the day to day practice facilities in Bridgeview. It is one thing to be sold on the city of Chicago, it is another thing to be well outside of the city, walking across an unpaved parking lot adjacent to a couple of worn down porta potties and realize, that this is what you have agreed to. I am really excited to see Bastian play, but a real owner would invest some dollars on a professional training environment. There are youth academy teams that have a better training situation than the Fire has.

splunge63 and Jiggly_333 repped this.