Need Help With Display Driver.

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Soccernova78, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Soccernova78

Soccernova78 Member

Mar 16, 2003
    Beyond The Infinite
    I have a Dell Inspiron 1501 laptop with a Windows Vista OS. All of a sudden when I try to watch soccer streams online with Sopcast or Windows Media Player my computer can't maintain the full screen setting when I click it and it reverts back to the smaller screen. Also when I watch Youtube clips on the full screen setting it either goes black or I get a message which says "Display Driver Has Stopped Working" and it reverts back to the small screen. I installed an update for my Display Driver but I keep having the same issues. Anyone know what's wrong and what I can do to fix this?

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Have you tried a different resolution? Or check the display properties to check if you have any other video drivers loaded that's causing a problem.

3. Soccernova78

Soccernova78 Member

Mar 16, 2003
    Beyond The Infinite

Thanks I'll try this.:)

4. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    You might need to be a bit more drastic in changing the driver. Try booting into safe mode, deleting all the drivers, and then installing new ones. You should be in safe mode for this because safe mode runs on the standard VGA driver, not any drivers specific to your card.

5. royalstilton

royalstilton Member

Aug 2, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    b careful when you delete drivers...

[​IMG]

...that's what she did

6. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    There's a program you can download (i forget the name off hand, sorry, try to google) that stores all your drivers into a folder.....i would use this program before any drastic changes.

When i reformat my pc, i just install this program and restore all my drivers in 2 minutes.

7. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Rollback the driver, maybe?

8. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Or go online to the website and d/l the actual driver for your laptop. (You should be able to enter your cpu model and it will give you the correct driver) Or call/email for technical assistance. If you're going to pay big bucks for the Dell name...better make use of it :)

9. Soccernova78

Soccernova78 Member

Mar 16, 2003
    Beyond The Infinite
    Thanks for all the help guys but it turns out it may have been a virus. I went into System Configuration to disable some stuff on startup and I came across some things called "backweb" and "mom". I clicked "end process" on them and restarted and now everything's working fine.

10. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  11. Soccernova78

Soccernova78 Member

Mar 16, 2003
    Beyond The Infinite