Need help. Jersey Discussion (every team wears the same color)

Discussion in 'BigSoccer Polls' started by kkamins2, May 17, 2012.

?

What do you think is more important to kids?

1. The "club look" where they all look the same (and have to wear a tee-shirt for half the games)

28.6%
  2. Unique jersey colors that they can wear in every game

71.4%
  1. kkamins2

kkamins2 New Member

May 17, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Need your help. In my son's league they put all the kids in the same uniforms (same colors). The problem I have with that is it's a house league (5-8 year olds). So, every team they play is wearing the same uniform (same color). To differentiate during games they will distribute tee-shirts for one of the teams to wear. Do you know of any other leagues that do this? Every other league I've ever been a part of has had unique jerseys for all the teams in the league.

I have been in discussion with the Club Director to understand why they have all the kids in the same uniform and they initially said ordering multiple colored jerseys was too difficult to manage. Now they claim they prefer the "Club Look" where all the kids were the same colors. I think this is a fine concept as long as your club teams are not just playing your own club teams. Please help by voting on what you think it more important. I would appreciate comments as well.

I don't know if it's just me…but I think the kids would prefer to have their own color jersey to wear every week instead of the "club look/tee-shirt" option.

BTW: I have offered to help develop a plan to manage the unique jeserys....they are not interested. I have told them that unique jerseys are important to my team and we will buy our own for next season...they said that the Board will not allow that. Sorry, but I need your help. It seems like I'm might be missing something here. Thank you!

2. Soccerballer14

Dec 23, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Thank God you brought this dilemma to bigsoccer cause I can't think of a more pressing subject to discuss. Absolutely disgraceful stuff. How are the kids to enjoy soccerball when they don't know who's on their own team and who is not?

3. GatewayRSC

GatewayRSC Member

Dec 17, 2009
    St Louis
    Club:
    Rangers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not sure why they would care about "the club look" if it's only an in-house club. I see your point of the individual jerseys but is it worth the headache of fighting the board over it? While not a major issue it could be a sign of a difficult board to work with. Personally I'd either not worry about it or find a club that operates in a league.

But no matter what don't let it get in the way of your kids enjoying the game.

4. themightymagyar

Aug 25, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really don't see it being that big of a deal. The T-shirt thing is fine. But if you're insistent on teams wearing different jersey's maybe you could convince the board to put up for one more set of jersey's that could be brought for the away team, or whatever your format is. That way there are two different jersey's. I remember was back when I was in elementary school, we had a couple teams with the same jersey (schools had multiple teams). To solve it, the league had a couple of those mesh jerseys you might see in a rec league to give out to one of the teams.

5. Jack O'Fall

Jack O'Fall New Member

Oct 9, 2012
    Club:
    DC United
    In my experience, kids greatly prefer to have their own color jerseys. It gives them a sense of 'team', which they will bond with. That is dramatically different than the sense of 'club', about which they know nothing.
    I've experienced both and been pressured to assimilate to the club standard. For a house league, individual is more fun for the kids.

6. gwendolynhampton

gwendolynhampton New Member

Jun 15, 2015
    USA
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Club looks the same