Need Help; High School Fees

Discussion in 'Referee' started by Christopher, Dec 11, 2014.

1. djmtxref

djmtxref Member

Apr 8, 2013
    My chapter pays for assignors out of dues. Most chapters I know require pay up front. I believe Dayton Ref's chapter requires an up front payment of a certain amount before any assignments are made. Those are deducted and when the ref gets close to using it up they are asked to make another payment. If there isn't any money in the ref's account, they don't get games. They used to do post-season pay and too many refs didn't pay.

frankieboylampard repped this.
  2. roby

roby Member+

SIRLOIN SALOON FC, PITTSFIELD MA
    Feb 27, 2005
    So Cal
    It only matters if your's was a loaded question! :unsure:

dadman repped this.
  3. Dayton Ref

Dayton Ref Member+

May 3, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    That was a problem a couple of years ago. The chapter ran a deficit of ~$3000. Now you pay up front and the deduct from your balance weekly. Below $X you don't get new assignments, below $Y your current assignments are taken away.

My first year they only updated my balance twice during the regular season. That was quite a shock when all of a sudden I owed the chapter $20 when my previous one was $75 in the green.

4. kayakhorn

kayakhorn Member+

Oct 10, 2011
    Arkansas
    I guess I should consider myself fortunate. My understanding here is that the assignors have contracts with the individual school systems and receive their assigning fee directly from those districts (presumably at the end of the season). The referees are not involved in that transaction at all.

grasskamper repped this.
  5. Kit

Kit Member+

Aug 30, 1999
    Herkimer, NY, USA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We get a bill generated by Arbiter. We have until December 1 to pay it. If it is not paid by then, we are fined by our association. If we don't pay by the next season, we don't get any games.

6. frankieboylampard

Mar 7, 2016
    USA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Interesting that they find the guys willing to do that. I guess every metro and county are different in how they handle refereeing. I thought our fees were gracious but some of you guys are paid really well for HS