NE Revs....The Kaput-chin Monkeys of MLS

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by TOAzer, Oct 7, 2017.

1. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's officially over. We are Mathematically eliminated. There is no clip from "Dumb & Dumber" to hold onto...other than the one that needs to be sent to our own B&B D&D.

What an awful season, and it's end brings sweet relief. Where the hell is this franchise going? What the hell are the Krafts doing? Who the hell will be accountable for the mess that is this team? Why, dear God of Malice, do you hate us so? When will we have leadership of vision and ambition?....

RevsLiverpool, CynicRev, MM66 and 2 others repped this.
  2. TheLostUniversity

Los Angeles Galaxy
    Feb 4, 2007
    Greater Boston
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [1] "Where the hell is this franchise going?"
    You answered it.

[2] "What the hell are the Krafts doing?"
    Preparing for a Rolling Stones concert on Jonathan's birthday. I hear Burns has booked them Tom Petty.

[3] "Who the hell will be accountable for the mess that is this team?"
    Hey, the Revs fired Heaps. The buck stops right there, kiddo. B&B's D&D, as you put it, are Good.

[4] "Why, dear God of Malice, do you hate us so?"
    You answered it.

[5] "When will we have leadership of vision and ambitions?"
    Ha, this one's easy! In 60-90 days... ;)

3. swedust

swedust Member+

Aug 30, 2004
    I am holding onto my fantasy that Atlanta United wins MLS Cup, Arthur Blanc throws some shade at the Krafts as a way of re-gaining face after the outcome of Super Bowl LI, and that the perceived insult sparks a sleeping ambition or desire for one-upsmanship in the Krafts — as can happen with billionaire egotists — which brings a newfound sense of urgency to make the Revs a contender.

Could happen.

4. MM66

MM66 Member+

Mar 9, 2009
    Brookline, MA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  5. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really don't know where this team goes from here.

Talking with an ex-Argentina coach who I don't believe has coached for 10 years isn't exactly ... thrilling. Of course, having the same guy who hired this last coach hiring the new coach doesn't excite either.

TOAzer and firstshirt repped this.
  6. rkane1226

rkane1226 Member+

Apr 9, 2000
    Club:
    Stade Brestois 29
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Perhaps, like NYCFC did with Vieira, they can turn to their European partner in Portugal and get a really good up and rising assistant who wants 3 or so years of head coach experience...

Oh, I make myself laugh.

Revs in 2010 repped this.
  7. dncm

dncm Member+

Apr 22, 2003
    Boston
    Agreed.

A lot will be how much the roster is impacted, and how much a new coach demands changes.

What happens with Lee? Koffie vs Koussai vs Caldwell? Are any of the 3 backs that Heaps scouted and recruited really that much of a difference maker or will a new coach say he needs even MORE new backs - including what will Tierney's future be: hardly used all season to suddenly captain to someone who will be 32 next year?

This is a good team - but they need a stud coach, and one of the following:

a stud-level DP leader/player or 2(if I am dreaming): like Villa, Jones when he came here, etc

or multiple stud young DPs like Atlanta did. Almiron without Martinez without Villafaba(or vice versa) doesn't work if you are cheap and only get one of them.

Now imagine some of the "starter" players we currently have, as the players coming off the bench and suddenly we becomes a deep team with a smart coach.

RevsLiverpool repped this.
  8. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I once had hope that Ebeneezer Kraft might have changed his ways when Jones singlehandedly turned this team from the mediocre-to-crap outfit they have been before and since. I was hoping that he'd see that a "face of the franchise" could move the needle on the field by making everyone around him better, and also sell a lot of jerseys and tickets and create a buzz around this team that we haven't seen since Alexi Lalas looked like a hippie instead of a young republican.

Welp, that didn't happen. I guess I need to resign myself that being a Rev fan means that we are all just unwilling passengers on a runaway train to doom and anihilation. Breif spasms of joy, like a trip to an MLS Cup Final, is only there to point out the total hopelessness of all human endeavor. But other than that, I'm a pretty optimistic guy...

A Casual Fan, RevsLiverpool and TOAzer repped this.
  9. gk

gk Member

LFC
    Dec 29, 1999
    MA
    Tom - check your PM's

10. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As one of the originals, I'd love to hear your thoughts about what's going on here...

11. dncm

dncm Member+

Apr 22, 2003
    Boston
    New England Revs owner Kraft 'intrigued' by Premier League
    http://www.espnfc.us/major-league-s...t-kraft-intrigued-by-premier-league-ownership

Referenced BBC article here: http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41592525

"I like to win at whatever I do," he told BBC Sport.

"Our league here is starting to really develop, and with our soccer team we've gone to the championship game five times in 21 years."

My Bolds. Really? Starting to develop?? That is what Kraft Sr thinks?? He says he likes to win?
    Puke! Double Vomit!
    #FakeNews

TOAzer, firstshirt, VTSoccerFan and 2 others repped this.
  12. MM66

MM66 Member+

Mar 9, 2009
    Brookline, MA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I pity the club

13. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Meh. Typical mediaspeak. What, you were expecting he would actually tell the truth? Admit publicly to his malfeasance as a soccer team owner? Not gonna happen.

Revs in 2010 repped this.
  14. BERich

BERich Member+

Feb 3, 2012
    New England
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You left out the best line:
    "But without a salary cap I'm concerned that we might be at a disadvantage."
    You think!!
    Ebeneezer Kraft competing with Abramovich, that wouldn't turn out well!!

TOAzer repped this.
  15. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "However, Kraft, who was an original owner in MLS when the league began play in 1996, admitted that any ownership group he led might be at a competitive disadvantage because of a lack of familiarity with the game in England's top flight."

Wail, if he hasn't figured out that you hire someone to run the club who, like, IS familiar with the game in England, what makes you think we have s snowball's prayer in hell to see our ship righted? No need to bring in a Bellichick-equivalent to run the show here, as long as Mikey-Mike is there to pick up Jon-boy's dry cleaning when he needs it!

16. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Bayern München
    United States
    Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wait, the Revs have a partnership with a team in Portugal? Are the Revs aware of it?

17. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, they got some Samba lessions out of the deal, so it wasn't all bad, right?