[NDR] Other MLS Clubs 2016

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by newtex, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    *rey* repped this.
  2. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
  3. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This was tweeted out by an MLS AR - terrible story and yes I hated Vaughn for the 2009 WC final (disallowed Dynamo goal in last few minutes of regulation on a corner) but tough deal

http://www.refereeassociation.net/tvhd/

4. Danwoods

Danwoods Member

Mar 20, 2000
    Bertram, TX, US
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you/we ever get to the point of hating sports figures enough to like something like this we should find something else to do. Ugh.

5. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Whiny self important noob punks looking for ways to be offended. I really don't like the soccer mom culture in MLS that is prevalent. What next, franchises handing out yellow cards to fans? NVM...

7. Hydro

Hydro Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Houstown
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

hahaha, good post!

8. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    *rey* and Heft repped this.
  9. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    awful article. you have to put a number to national tv deals, adidas, stadium sponsors, shirt sponsors, etc. and he can't be bothered.

basically laissez faire garbage with an insinuation of poverty for which he does not show his work. funny that sounds like we're exercising proper salary restraint. if we paid better salaries we might be a world class league but if a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his ass hopping.

10. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I'll just leave this here:

[​IMG]

11. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's a red card machine in life, too!

Heft repped this.
  12. Dynamo_Forever

Dynamo_Forever Member+

Aug 9, 2007
    Clear Lake, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    I'm generally ok with it but my concern would be how deliberative and what the timing was on the process to allow it. I don't know how VAR or this were deliberated but I want planned integration of new rules and ideally doing it during offseasons. I don't want fashionable FIFA stuff hitting and suddenly we change the rules midseason. Not only does that seem sloppy but then you as with VAR have portions of the season under different rules. Doesn't quite have the same impact for a postseason rule but let's be orderly about it.

I say this because I think it's goofy when say CFL opens up video review to wide categories and allows multiple reviews, and then after people reviewing multiple interference calls on a series all of a sudden it's you get 1 per game, decided partway through the season, if you got screwed out of a call before the rule changed you don't get to replay that game under the new rules.

14. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    "Allows" is the key word. It's not that some of the teams can't afford better. It's that for reasons of parity and cost reduction the rules limit resort to charters.

I don't see it being an actual lead issue because you aren't mandating a level of treatment. Allowing Seattle to fly charter doesn't require Houston to do anything. Saying you have to fly charter or first class would. I can't see people going to the mat over softening a permissive rule on flight arrangements.

Speaking of which with our awful road record we ought to be looking at road details. The games are often over in the first half.

16. TX Bill

TX Bill Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    Sugar Land TX
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wanted to "like" this but I don't want to wake up dead.

*rey* and Heft repped this.
  17. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. Tigereye

Tigereye Member+

(ಠ_ಠ)┌∩┐
    Aug 19, 2005
    (ಠ_ಠ)┌∩┐
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    It’s interesting and it looks like it’s been in the cards for a while. The stadium plea in Columbus is to justify his move. Local business owners in Columbus, sensing a move might be coming, have attempted to buy the team and he’s refused. Precourt has had reps scouting sites in Austin, names trademarked (Austin Aztex & Austin Athletic) and MLS has previously conducted surveys of the Austin market, which never made sense until now.

Unfortunately with solid expansion efforts in Cincinnati & Nashville, it’s unlikely Columbus gets a replacement team if the Crew leave for Austin.

20. Dynamo_Forever

Dynamo_Forever Member+

Aug 9, 2007
    Clear Lake, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A road trip to Austin, now that sounds exciting! Beats driving all the way to South Oklahoma!

21. TX Bill

TX Bill Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    Sugar Land TX
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you think what's happening in CLB can't happen here, think again. I've said it before and I'll say it again. The FO has totally destroyed what the original team built up years ago. Short of bringing a few name DP's (that can actually help the team,) I don't see a whole lot of people coming back. That much is clear when I see nothing but orange seats on TV.

*rey* repped this.
  22. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, relocate San Jose to a market like ours, then have us hinchas and fans load old Robertson and cheer on the sport n our boys, check, worked out for everyone.
    Relocate the Crew to Austin where hipsters might go to a few games here and there but unlike their Portland cousins, our Austin hipsters like to do other things as well and for 17 home games, plus an Open Cup fixture, season after season, year after year, I would not bet on the Austin crowd to go year after year for MLS. The other type of sports fan in Austin goes to UT gridiron home games and that is it. Don't move to Austin Garber!

Westside Cosmo repped this.
  23. Beavis Stiffler

Beavis Stiffler Member+

May 14, 2011
    Naranja With Attitude. Straight Outta Houston.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    If this happens, then San Antonio's expansion plans are dead. It will be impossible that any major professional sports league can have 4 teams in the state of Texas.

24. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As your local Austinite Dynamo MLS fan, please let me just say: This whole report is total horseshit. There is no MLS option here in Austin. This just shows how stupid Garner and Precourt think Columbus people are.