{NCR} Fulham 2-0 ManUre

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by pettyfog, Mar 21, 2009.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Member

Jan 30, 2000
    Enon OH Exit 49
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    And Chelskum lose to Twatingham Spurts

Auspicious start to the day.. Come on you Crew, gimme trifecta!
    :cool:

2. jackmann

jackmann Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Cowtown
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ain't life grand :D Crew win and it's a wonderful day

3. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
    Ain't life grand when some dumbass ruins a game that you are about to watch on DVR.

You complete twat.

Certainly didn't expect to see the result on a Crew board when no-one at either of those 2 clubs has anything to do with the Crew.

4. CrewBeat

CrewBeat Be Massive My Friends

Jul 27, 2004
    Manhattan
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agree with welshman, that's a party foul. While I am excited about the result, please don't put spoilers/results in thread titles. 'ManU sucks' would have been a perfect substitute.

5. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No sympathy. Why the hell would you go anywhere near a soccer website when you're trying to avoid the score of a soccer game? This isn't the first time the EPL has been discussed on this forum, and it sure as hell won't be the last.

6. DGA57

DGA57 Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Dublin, OH
    Yes, but today is the season opener and people are going to wander in here for the latest Crew-Houston threads. Internet etiquette says that the thread title should have been "NCR: Fulham-Man U [R]" and not blasting the score out for the world to see. I can see this from a noob but Pettyfog has been here for years.

7. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1) I don't see what today being the season opener has to do with this.
    2) True, maybe petty should have been a little sneakier, but the subject could have just as easily in one of the other threads. Thus, I repeat -- why come to a soccer website if you're avoiding a soccer score?

And by the way... I've gotten hosed by this several times myself. I didn't blame other people for my stupidity.

8. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
    I certainly don't expect to see it in a MLS forum when the game has nothing to do with the Crew.

There is a general thread for non-Crew news so I would have avoided that but to put it on a thread title for the world to see is being a twat of the first order.

As are you. There is an etiquette on this site not to put results in titles.

If I had gone into the Fulham or Rowdies forum then it's my fault. The Crew forum? Not so much.

As my bookmark is the Crew forum and not "Premier League results" I would expect that the etiquette would be followed.

9. crewfighter

crewfighter New Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Claddagh's Roof
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man, I bet the Crew would have a better chance of staying up in the Premiership than Newcastle United. Newcastle United looked like a f'in joke against Arsenal. I actually hope they go down, they play like a League 1 side.

10. Big Strong Patrick

Big Strong Patrick That's so Gaven

Dec 9, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    People have said before that it is your own fault for coming here but I disagree. Don't put any scores in thread titles & this is a forum for a specific subsection of soccer & EPL scores are not related closely enough for anyone to expect seeing them here.

11. bobbybhoy1

bobbybhoy1 Member

Jul 27, 2007
    in a State of Grace
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Rangers 2-2 Hearts
    [​IMG]

12. BG13

BG13 Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    For what it is worth, you should still watch the game to witness the Mother of all meltdowns.

13. DGA57

DGA57 Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Dublin, OH
    1) More traffic than usual means people come in more often. I've been in here 3-4 times today when I'm usually here once a day; maybe twice.

2) You can't fault someone if it's in a thread as much as someone who posts it on a title in a soccer board that has nothing to do with the actual teams involved in the match you just spilled.

3) I don't care about either, didn't TIVO it, etc but it's just common courtesy.

14. crewfighter

crewfighter New Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Claddagh's Roof
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Modric was amazing. They looked like a top 4 team today. Any time I see Chelsea lose it's a good thing. Also, that Boswinga needs to shave his unibrow. Will babies die if he shaves the unibrow? Since when was that cool?
    [​IMG]

Newcastle United's Colocini or whatever looks like a girl too and plays like one as well. Could have ran a mack truck through that defense. Newcastle United would be better off with Chad Marshall.

15. pettyfog

pettyfog Member

Jan 30, 2000
    Enon OH Exit 49
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    [NCR] Re:FFC ManU --- mea frekin culpa!!!

Yeah, true!
    Could we change that to occasional?
    Not in the subject line, you mean.

Cant argue a bit on my behalf..
    If I were a newby would deserve torchin'.. I aint
    If I werent a MOD myself, I still deserve a torchin'
    :eek::eek:
    I was hoping it would sink to the bottom but it isnt... so....
    I wish I could take it back. But as someone else said it is still worth the watching.. for the meltdown of the high and mighties.