NBC Sports Networks thread

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by SirFozzie, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Please don't give spoilers without any kind of warning in your post.

2. Lovac1

Lovac1 Member

Jun 6, 2012
    I think they chose other matches instead because this was a rare opportunity to send Man Utd game to Gold package. This was their first nontelevised game, and they won't have many additional opportunities to extort man utd fans, so they have to grab the chance when it comes.

3. QPR Kevin H

QPR Kevin H BigSoccer Supporter

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    A good point, with the Europa League Thursdays.

Their next Saturday 15:00 UK home match is after Thanksgiving

4. portugamerifinn

portugamerifinn Member+

Feb 22, 2005
    Bay Area / London
    Oh, FFS, it's Monday... Wait, is telling everyone it's Monday a spoiler too?

We all knew exactly how those two matches would go before they were played, so I'm not sure what was spoiled. This is a forum about the TV channels that broadcast Premier League matches, so if someone comes here on Monday without knowing the previous weekend's PL results they should mentally prepare themselves for a "spoiler" or two.

5. portugamerifinn

portugamerifinn Member+

Feb 22, 2005
    Bay Area / London
    I'll make a point to not spoil again, except in advance.

Manchester City 18, Brighton & Hove 2

bigtw64 repped this.
  6. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
  7. portugamerifinn

portugamerifinn Member+

Feb 22, 2005
    Bay Area / London
    I wasn't under the impression you were making anything up. A discussion about Premier League coverage just seems like a terrible place to avoid Premier League results.

Redbullsnation2012 repped this.
  8. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I don't remember how long ago it came up but I thought the understanding about spoilers is to wait 24 hours before posting results (?)

Show Spoiler
    There's also this option

9. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fair point. It's just that the old days of people being careful of not spoiling things for others, seems to be slipping away. :(

10. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man United is in the Champions League, so how are they affected by Europa League Thursdays? Of their six Premier League games before their next 15:00 UK game, four are on Saturdays and two are on Sundays. Three Saturday games are 12:30 UK, with two at 7:30 Eastern and one at 8:30 Eastern when the time difference is four hours for a couple of weeks. One Saturday game is at 15:30 UK. Their next three 15:00 UK games are against clubs in the bottom half, so maybe one more of those will be on Gold. Their fourth 15:00 UK game from now is at Liverpool, and that's after the last Champions League Group Stage matchday.

11. QPR Kevin H

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Oh right, confused my big clubs. Still, no traditional Saturday kickoffs for two more months.

12. portugamerifinn

portugamerifinn Member+

Feb 22, 2005
    Bay Area / London
    I was just checking out this weekend's broadcast schedule for the Premier League and found something interesting. Before that, I'll start with an obvious, uninteresting thing: the simultaneous matches shown on NBC Sports and CNBC are likely to be boring AF and obviously not the best choices. As last week's litmus test showed, NBC will air Man City, Liverpool and Tottenham on TV above all else. So it'll be Huddersfield-Tottenham on CNBC and Man City-Brighton on NBCS.

However, during that block of matches one of my NBC Sports regional channels will show Everton-Fulham live. In my case, this is NBCS California. If you have an NBC Sports regional channel in your area, keep an eye on the schedule for tomorrow because a third match might be there during the simultaneous block of matches.

Redbullsnation2012 and QPR Kevin H repped this.
  13. QPR Kevin H

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Interesting. Not seeing it on NBC Sports Washington.

14. portugamerifinn

portugamerifinn Member+

Feb 22, 2005
    Bay Area / London
    Yeah, I figured since it's a regional network it's something to monitor on a case-by-case basis. Also, I get both NBCS Bay Area and NBCS California (which is kind of the step child), so those with just one NBCS "Insert Region" channel probably aren't as likely to get it.

As it is, I'm still half expecting this to be a glitch in the TV listings and for some infomercial to be in that slot.

15. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My DirecTV Guide shows “Charlie Moore: No Offense” tomorrow at 7 am (pacific) on NBC Sports California. It’s showing up for me on NBC California on 10/2 at 9 pm (pacific).

16. portugamerifinn

portugamerifinn Member+

Feb 22, 2005
    Bay Area / London
    I was afraid this might be the case since NBC Sports' regional channels show replays. When I go to the Premier League page on YouTube TV the schedule has the match listed for tomorrow morning on NBCSC, but if I go to the channel listings it has the show you mention.

So it looks to be a listing error by YTTV, which obviously confused the actual match time with the broadcast time, which will be a replay next week. Oh well, this is what Gold is for...

17. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #1242 NorthBank, Oct 22, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
    Do you think somebody should clue NBC in to UK daylight savings time going into effect this weekend? [emoji6]

NBC-unaware-of-UK-daylight-savings.JPG

Reminder for all of us: As of this Sunday morning, all KO's are 1 hour later than usual... until Nov.4 when the USA gets back in sync.

Edit: I just realized that the 8:30 & 3:00 times listed may be for pre-game coverage, not KO times. If so, my bad... sorry NBC for doubting your awareness!

18. QPR Kevin H

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    3:45 PM ET kickoff for Wolves-Spurs on a Saturday (Nov 3) is going to be wild

19. alexolympiacos

Mar 5, 2010
    Club:
    Olympiakos Piraeus
    NBC announced today that they are starting a skiiing paywall.

The opening World Cup weekend will be exclusively behind a paywall.

The service will be 70 dollars.

Sucks for alpine ski fans like myself.

20. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Well it's all downhill from here.

TJNash, sitruc, bigtw64 and 10 others repped this.
  21. Lovac1

Lovac1 Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Well, at least you get to see it uninterrupted and in its entirety. Based on my experience, their skiing coverage consisted of showing you six racers, so you get to see top 5 finishers and a crash. Not much drama.

22. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Post of the year!!?

23. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #1248 NorthBank, Oct 28, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
    It's 8am Sunday morning and I just missed the airing of NBC's MOTD show, so I said to myself "no prob, I'll just stream it off their website".

I first logged into my Gold account... no MOTD apparent (and because it's Sunday morning, no PL Review show either?). Oh yeah, it must be on the regular NBC Sports watch page... nope no MOTD there either.

I don't have time to hunt any further... I'm on the move this morning. So either they bury it so much that it's difficult to find, or they just produced it live and so it's not on their site yet. Or I don't know.

In any case it was a bit of a fail for me.

Edit: Forget it. I just caught up with the EPL weekend news, and learned what happened in Leicester. NBC's MOTD/streaming production doesn't really matter, in this context. :(

24. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How do you get it online? https://www.nbcsports.com/live has all shows in one place while stating if it's a game on NBCSN or another channel that needs a log in with a TV provider or needs Gold. If you use that site, you don't have to know if you need Gold to watch it.

25. portugamerifinn

portugamerifinn Member+

Feb 22, 2005
    Bay Area / London
    A couple weekends ago I had to email NBC Sports support because the Review Show wasn't available on the app like it usually is on Sunday afternoon. Someone responded to my email, but the show only finally became available on Tuesday.

It sounds like the same kind of thing happened with the MOTD episode you wanted to watch. The only reason I noticed the Review Show issue was because it was available from Sunday at 4 p.m. (Pacific) like clockwork up to that point.