NBC Sports Networks thread

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by SirFozzie, Aug 8, 2015.

1. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for thinkin of me. Seriously.

Is there any indication of how long the PL Review shows will be left up on Gold for later play? Days, weeks, months?

Also is the cost of Roku all up front, no monthly subscription?

2. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Yes, there is no "Roku subscription", you buy the hardware once and it gives you access to apps (or "channels") for the various streaming providers. Now of course these providers (such as NBC Sports Gold) may charge a fee to subscribe to their content, and others may require an authenticated cable/satellite subscription (such as the main NBC Sports app or WatchESPN or BeIN Connect).

3. HDSports

HDSports Member

Aug 30, 2005
    NBC has said that the introduction of the Premier League Pass would not affect the number of telecasts on cable. Last season, I believe there were two telecasts Saturday at 10 am (NBCSN and CNBC) unless a Formula One telecast was broadcast during the same time period, in which case one station would show soccer and the other auto racing.

The next two Saturdays there is no second 10 am Saturday game televised. In both cases, CNBC will be showing "Paid Programming". Is this a change from last season? (If my assumptions are incorrect, such as CNBC showing a preset number of games, please set me straight)

QPR Kevin H repped this.
  4. QPR Kevin H

QPR Kevin H BigSoccer Supporter

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Looks like Men in Blazers is going back to it's normal(ish) slot on NBCSN next week.

Monday, August 21
    5:30 PM The Men in Blazers Show LIVE

5. LaxBandit

LaxBandit Member+

Aug 27, 1999
    North Tonawanda, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    897225213900980224 is not a valid tweet id

897124666095144961 is not a valid tweet id

6. Real Macao

Real Macao Member

Sep 7, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    No - NBC said Premier League Pass would not affect the number of telecasts on NBC and NBCSN. There were no promises about CNBC. We are already seeing that the number of CNBC games will be reduced, for two reasons - to encourage people to buy Premier League Pass and to prop up the ratings of the NBCSN game at 10:00 AM.

7. Real Macao

Real Macao Member

Sep 7, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    In two weekends, the Everton Chelsea game that was originally scheduled for NBCSN on August 26 at 10:00 AM has been moved to Sunday. Currently, NBCSN hasn't designated a replacement over the air game for the 10:00 AM slot on Saturday. The choices are Watford vs Brighton, Newcastle vs West Ham, Palace vs Swansea and Huddersfield vs Southampton. I wonder which game they pick - I'm guessing Newcastle vs West Ham, with Huddersfield vs Southampton as a close second.

Or they can just show no 10:00 AM game, which would be interesting

8. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    With Chicharito at West Ham it would not be a bad idea.
    Mexicanos will tune in since they have no other choice.

9. LaxBandit

LaxBandit Member+

Aug 27, 1999
    North Tonawanda, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    897511039323058176 is not a valid tweet id

10. LaxBandit

LaxBandit Member+

Aug 27, 1999
    North Tonawanda, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

NBCSN and Telemundo combined their efforts Sunday to attract more than 1 million viewers for Manchester United’s opening game of the 2017/2018 season against West Ham United.

The match from Old Trafford in England averaged 680,000 viewers on NBCSN for the game that was televised live from 11am-1pm ET on Sunday, August 13. The game was also broadcast in Spanish-language by Telemundo, which averaged 348,000 viewers. Combined, the viewing total of 1,028,000 was the most-watched soccer game during the entire weekend on US television.

This year’s Telemundo opener outperformed last year’s opener by +81% for the August 28, 2016 game featuring Manchester City against West Ham United (192,000 viewers).

http://worldsoccertalk.com/2017/08/...t-ham-tops-1-million-viewers-nbcsn-telemundo/

11. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The game was moved because Everton is in the Europa League the Thursday before. When the Premier League schedule was made it was known that Everton would probably play that Thursday, but they could have been eliminated in Qualifying Round 3.

12. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tomorrow's Tottenham vs. Chelsea game will be replayed on Monday at 1:00 A.M. Has NBCSN showed a complete game replay before excluding Match of the Day?

13. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So there are 5 games being played right now at the prime Saturday 3 PM KO slot.

And 4 of those games are only available on Gold streaming.

That's only 20% of games available on TV. Wow! Quite a switch from recent years. (At least for folks like me who got the Live Extra channels)

So what do people think of the Gold streaming platform? Is it good? Reliable? Free trial to test it out?

Redbullsnation2012 repped this.
  14. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #639 HomietheClown, Aug 20, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
    And an update. A couple of games were available OnDemand on my Dish Hopper.
    The two available I believe were Newcastle -Spurs and ManU- West Ham.
    They were available to download by midweek, so obviously not as quickly accessible as the digital platforms.

Redbullsnation2012 and QPR Kevin H repped this.
  15. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Also goalzone and match of the day are available to download.

16. Lovac1

Lovac1 Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Is the PL Review show exclusively behind the paywall now? It was one thing I counted on since I can't see every game.

Mikebsiu repped this.
  17. Frankball

Frankball Member+

Sep 11, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A potential bombshell for the upcoming "Premier League Round 2" schedule (August 26th), where it looks like there won't be any Premier League games on 10:00AM EDT at NBCSN (or CNBC). The information came from the "Premier League - Official App" - it apparently synchronized, or linked, with NBC Sports through their real-time feed.

I checked the NBC Sports Gold website and and it confirmed with this information (see below):

Match Week 3

Crystal Palace vs. Swansea City August 26, 2017

Huddersfield vs. Southampton August 26, 2017

West Brom vs. Stoke City August 26, 2017

Watford vs. Brighton August 26, 2017

Tottenham vs. Burnley August 27, 2017

http://www.nbcsports.com/gold-event...472W3u6_784vx_1_-_AL3mz7sYAEAAA#cyclingevents

Moreover, I checked the NBCSN TV Listings to see what upcoming show it plans to broadcast on August 26th at 10:00AM EDT. So, here's what I found:

9:55 AM English Premier League Soccer "Teams TBA" (LIVE)

12:00 PM Premier League Live (LIVE)

http://affiliate.zap2it.com/tvlistings/ZCGrid.do?aid=nbcsports

Next, the upcoming TV schedule in USA (see below):

August 26, 2017
    Bournemouth/Manchester City (NBCSN) at 7:30AM EDT
    Crystal Palace/Swansea City (NBC Sports Gold) at 10:00AM EDT
    Huddersfield/Southampton (NBC Sports Gold) at 10:00AM EDT
    Newcastle United/West Ham United (NBC Sports Gold) at 10:00AM EDT
    Watford/Brighton (NBC Sports Gold) at 10:00AM EDT
    Manchester United/Leicester City (NBC) at 12:30PM EDT

August 27, 2017
    Chelsea/Everton (NBCSN) at 8:30AM EDT
    West Brom/Stoke City (CNBC) at 8:30AM EDT
    Liverpool/Arsenal (NBCSN) at 11:00AM EDT
    Tottenham/Burnley (NBC Sports Gold) at 11:00AM EDT

Separately, a big conflict looms on September 9th (4th round) when three major Premier League matchups play on the 10:00AM EDT slot: Arsenal/Bournemouth, Everton/Tottenham, and Leicester City/Chelsea. The same with the upcoming 6th round (September 23, 2017) in which it involves with three major Premier League matches at 10:00AM EDT: Manchester City/Crystal Palace, Southampton/Manchester United, and Stoke City/Chelsea.

18. beInSchwartz

beInSchwartz Member

Aug 20, 2012
    Club:
    ABC Natal
    Can't really buy anything about NBC's listings until their press release every week. Guessing they'll pick one of those crappy 10 am matchups to show on NBCSN.

socceraction repped this.
  19. Lovac1

Lovac1 Member

Jun 6, 2012
    I think all the games are on NBC Sports Gold by default until a few days before the round when the NBCSN schedule is finalized. My guess would be Newcastle-West Ham for NBCSN.

20. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    While I agree its most likely the Newcastle/West Ham matchup for NBCSN, I'm hoping they choose Huddersfield/Southampton. Labeling anything a "Cinderella Story" after only 2 rounds is ridiculous, but Huddersfield have the potential to become the team "everybody roots for". Great start to the season; barely qualified for the PL; small town; small stadium; passionate crowd...Lots for NBC to build a following on...

SA
    www.soccertvblog.com

QPR Kevin H, NorthBank and LaxBandit repped this.
  21. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes so I hear. (I haven't caved in for NBC Gold yet). And I'm with you 150%. I've been a fanboy of that show for years, no decades.

22. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True. And even then, they have this annoying habit of occasionally making last-minute schedule changes.

23. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    https://areyouwatchingthis.com/tv/stations/nbcsn has Teams TBA for Saturday at 10:00 A.M. For Sunday at 8:30 A.M., it lists Belgian Grand Prix. I'm hoping that schedule was made before Chelsea vs. Everton was moved to Sunday because of Everton's Europa League game on Thursday.

24. QPR Kevin H

QPR Kevin H BigSoccer Supporter

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Yeah, or maybe a featured match Goal Rush.

25. Frankball

Frankball Member+

Sep 11, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NBC Sports had already eliminated Goal Rush. They're sticking with NBC Sports App and NBC Sports Gold.