NBC Sports Networks thread

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by SirFozzie, Aug 8, 2015.

1. LaxBandit

LaxBandit Member+

Aug 27, 1999
    North Tonawanda, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. QPR Kevin H

QPR Kevin H BigSoccer Supporter

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    From the NBC graphic above, it looks like NBC/NBCSN/CNBC match replays will go to the NBC Sports app/site -- while Gold match replays will remain on the Gold app/site. Maybe those broadcast games could end up on Comcast OnDemand too? Guess interested parties will find out.

3. LaxBandit

LaxBandit Member+

Aug 27, 1999
    North Tonawanda, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. LaxBandit

LaxBandit Member+

Aug 27, 1999
    North Tonawanda, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. LaxBandit

LaxBandit Member+

Aug 27, 1999
    North Tonawanda, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #605 LaxBandit, Aug 11, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  6. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like Kyle Martino a lot, but am I ready to hear him do on-site in-game commentary from Arsenal Stadium? I'm not totally sure about that.

7. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
  8. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #608 NorthBank, Aug 11, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
    Rebecca Lowe just said "switch over to NBC.com for GoalZone and hopefully interview with Arsene Wenger." In recent years GoalZone post match coverage was always on TV.

Welcome to the New World of being an EPL fan in America. :(

9. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #609 Kryptonite, Aug 11, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2017

Paying for the "extra" games is a step back from last year, but still miles ahead of FSC.

However, my guide shows Goal Zone the next couple Saturdays and Sundays.

NorthBank repped this.
  10. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    When FOX had it, you could see on your TV (pre-streaming) usually 9 of the ten games. Not all live, but not exactly far behind what there was before NBC went the Extra Time route.

Without a multi-channel DVR it was pretty hard to record all the games for you to watch on your TV with the NBC package. With the different time slots utilized across Fox Soccer Channel and FSC+ you could get most of them.

And not everyone had access to all the Extra Time channels. It depended on your provider. So in some respects it's probably a wash for some EPL fans who don't have streaming/full Extra Time access.

Thx,

Jay!

NorthBank repped this.
  11. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #611 HomietheClown, Aug 12, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
    I would venture to guess that the majority of Premiere League fans along with casual observers here in the United States do not care about watching "9 of ten games". They just care about the top four or five teams and being able to watch them on their tv and/ or streaming device.

When FOX had the Premiership they isolated the games on FOX Soccer Channel. They never talked about the games on their FOX Sports Network affiliates or showed any games on "Simpsons" FOX OTT affiliates. They did have some rebroadcasts on FOX Sports Network affiliates but that is about it.

And I don't understand the logic of people saying some fans don't have streaming access. The counter-argument to that could be that not everyone has access to cable so the current deal is better for those people.
    In the current deal there are games on NBC and on Telemundo so even people who do not have cable in America can access some matches on the weekend which is more exposure and promotes the game better than what FOX ever did. If you have access to rabbit ears and a digital tuner you can watch games of the week.

TJNash repped this.
  12. QPR Kevin H

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I'm surprised and happy to see Goal Rush on the basic NBC Sports streaming platform. I'll probably have that on most Saturdays.

HomietheClown repped this.
  13. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I was about to post the same exact thing.

I know personally as a neutral who does not have a dog in the fight I like having a feed of goals from all over the league.:thumbsup:

14. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    And fans of the smaller teams who do not want to pony up the cash can see their team's goals in live or nearly live highlights.

15. QPR Kevin H

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Shame the stream is choppy as hell

16. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    The stream was fine for me for the most part.

17. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

18. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah... Most people won't care about Brighton & Hove vs Newcastle.

Most people care about Manchester United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham and Manchester City.

IIRC, most of the FSN games that I remember were the 730am ET games delayed at noon ET Monday. I don't remember any live other than the last couple seasons when the final games would be live on Speed, Fuel, FSC, FSN, FX, other Fox channels and two games were online-only.

19. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I still like to watch on my big HD TV. I can't stream NBC Sports on my Tivo. If I had a Roku would I be able to?

Also I have 2 TVs that I alternate between, depending on what's going on in my house at that time. Would I need 2 Roku's or could I share 1 Roku between the 2 TVs somehow?

20. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't have Goal Rush on for long, but it worked fine for me. After the featured game ended, they showed quick highlights of all the 10:00 A.M. games. When the NBCSN game ends before other games at the same time, I wonder if TV will go to the end of one of the NBC Sports Gold games.

21. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    That was fun to watch.

22. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Without giving away too much or spoiling things I have to say NBC Sports could not have had a better opening day weekend.
    Lots of exciting matches, lots of cool goals and some surprises.
    One of the most entertaining opening weekends I have ever seen since they picked up the rights.

LaxBandit repped this.
  23. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I am on my NBC Sports app right now (IOS) on Sunday at around 2PM EDST.
    There are full replays available for streaming OnDemand (Everton- Stoke, Chelsea-Burnley, Watford- Liverpool. Even Today's match between Newcastle and Spurs is available. Man U -West Ham is not up yet.)

This is good news. And I assume matches will also be available on Satellite and Cable receivers as they have been in the past too, so thumbs up from me. :thumbsup:

24. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Man U-West Ham is now available.

25. QPR Kevin H

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    NBC Sports & Gold are available as apps on Roku. And yeah, unless you want to unplug and re-attach the device, you'll want to have one of each TV you want to use. It's basically the same as a cable set-top box.

NB you should get Gold and Roku simply for the fact that Premier League Review goes live on Gold Sunday evenings at 7pm ET. :)