NBC Sports Networks thread

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by SirFozzie, Aug 8, 2015.

1. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Same during Stoke-Tottenham on CNBC. There was the usual ticker during the first half, but not during the second.

2. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    So for this weekend, they are putting 'Goal Rush' on the 2nd NBCSN Extra Time channel (Hull v Arsenal is on #1). Its not a big deal but I would like to see consistency from NBC on this. Keep Goal Rush on #1 every week or put it at #4 or #5 depending on how many games are being shown on Extra. If you are going to include it as a weekly feature, keep it consistent...

SA
    www.soccertvblog.com

LaxBandit repped this.
  3. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know my Tivo's Guide (via Tribune) is not the fastest to get updates. But it wasn't until today, Friday, that I started to see any matches show up on the Live Extra channels, with specific teams listed. Up until today the whole weekend showed as long blocks of "Off-Air".

Is anyone else frustrated by late programming by NBC for their DVR's? Or is it just me & my Tivo? :cry:

4. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    They do not populate the the Extra Channels until Thursday night at the earliest (usually Friday morning). This is speaking about DirecTV guide and I have a feeling all guides...

SA
    www.soccertvblog.com

5. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks, that supports a theory I've had for a while about NBC. And glad to know it's not necessarily just me & my technology.

But WHY OH WHY do they have to wait so long?! (me & my DVR have missed a few good things in the last few years, due to their 11th hour behavior)

6. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    I think the problem lies in the fact that the Extra time channels are seen first and foremost as streaming channels. From NBC's point of view, they are likely dealt with as say, espn3, where they simply state its on Extra Time and therefore its a streaming match. But unlike espn3, the matches are allocated to actual TV channels and they are always in the same order on different providers. In other words, its not the providers themselves who allocate these channels to a block of channel numbers but rather in the same order as given by NBCSN.

If NBC are placing the matches (and now Goal Rush) in a particular order, they should include that information in the weekly channel announcement. But there is clearly a disconnect here with all Extra Time channels falling into the category of "streaming". It would be great if they treated 'Extra Time Channel 1", 'Extra Time Channel 2", etc. on the same level as the TV channels but I wouldn't hold my breath...

SA
    www.soccertvblog.com

PS. I wrote that and presses "send" I had a thought - how cool would it be for NBC to call those channels "EPL-1", "EPL-2", etc. It would be only for the weekend as I know they show other content on non-EPL days but EPL content is really the only content they share in a channel format with providers (ie. not only streaming). The sense one would get by this simple move would be that NBC is providing 5-6 EPL dedicated channels. NBC, if you're reading....

EvanJ and NorthBank repped this.
  7. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So I checked out Goal Rush today for the first time. Here are some comments questions:

Overall the concept is pretty good, if you want to keep an eye on various matches/scores... it makes it quite easy for you.

Seems that for their primary match they use the same one that is simultaneously being shown on NBCSN, so today that was Hull-Chelsea. Is that the typical thing?

Also Goal Rush for me was on the first Extra Time (ET) channel. Is that also typical?

That last bit for me is kind of crucial in a not-so-good way. You see the only ET channel I get in HD is the first, topmost channel. So if Goal Rush is always going to occupy that first one, then that means that when my team Arsenal get bumped onto an ET channel, it probably won't be in HD. :(

In the past, before Goal Rush was a thing, I could usually depend on Arsenal showing up on the first (HD) ET channel.

8. LaxBandit

LaxBandit Member+

Aug 27, 1999
    North Tonawanda, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #458 LaxBandit, Oct 1, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
    Week #1 of Goal Rush was Week #3 of the EPL season.
    The Gold Rush match was Watford vs Arsenal. The NBCSN match was Chelsea vs Burnley.

Week #2 of Goal Rush was Week #4 of the EPL season.
    The Goal Rush match and the NBCSN match were the same - Arsenal vs Southampton.

Week #3 of Goal Rush was Week #5 of the EPL season.
    The Goal Rush match and the NBCSN match were the same - Manchester City vs Bournemouth.

Week #4 of Goal Rush was Week #6 of the EPL season.
    The Goal Rush match was Swansea City vs Manchester City. The NBCSN match was Liverpool vs Hull City.

So before this week, it was split right down the middle of the pitch.
    Two weeks where the match on Goal Rush and the match on NBCSN match were the same.
    Two weeks where the match on Goal Rush and the match on NBCSN were different.

NorthBank repped this.
  9. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the Extra Time channels are in the same order on every TV provider. I think it makes sense for NBCSN to put Goal Rush on the same channel every week so people know where to find it.

10. newagewayne

newagewayne New Member

Oct 4, 2016
    Club:
    Burnley FC
    Hey guys, i recently came across this site: streamsports365.com
    Pretty decent site and it streams some of the famous ongoing leagues in HD. Feel free to check it out! World Cup Qualification coming up!

11. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmm, Burnley supporter who signs up today and then posts a link to a streaming site of "famous ongoing leagues".

smells-fishy.jpg

12. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At 56:39 into CNBC's coverage of Swansea City vs. Manchester United, there was a mistake on the screen. It said about Harry Kane:

"X goals in 4 career PL apps v. TOT."

It did not say "X," but I didn't give the number so it wouldn't spoil if he scored. It should have ended with "ARS."

13. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Sounds more like an algebra test question than a post on BS. :p

14. LaxBandit

LaxBandit Member+

Aug 27, 1999
    North Tonawanda, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #464 LaxBandit, Dec 21, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2016

NBC Sports Group and Whistle Sports have teamed up on a new series - "It’s Called Football" - hosted by the YouTube sensation F2 Freestylers. The six-part series debuts on Monday, December 26 with back-to-back episodes starting at 4:30 pm ET.

Each 30-minute episode has F2 Freestylers Billy Wingrove and Jeremy Lynch present viewers with the jaw-dropping trick shots they have become known for as well giving viewers a behind the scenes look at a different club from the Premier League - providing background on the culture, songs, stadiums, history, and fans of the club.

First Episode - Chelsea - Monday, December 26 - 4:30 pm ET - 5:00 pm ET.
    Billy and Jeremy examine the key facts fans need to know about Chelsea football, and take fans through London’s Chelsea neighborhood to speak with Blues fans. The guys also speak with midfielder Mikel John Obi and perform trick shots under the lights at Stamford Bridge.

Second Episode - Arsenal - Monday, December 26 - 5:00 pm ET - 6:00 pm ET.
    Billy and Jeremy look into the history of the Arsenal Football Club, including appearances by goalkeeper Emiliano Martínez, defender Shkodran Mustafi, and former player Daniel Karbassiyoon.

http://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/2...debuts-this-mon-dec-26-at-430-pm-et-on-nbcsn/

NorthBank repped this.
  15. bigtw64

bigtw64 Member+

Aug 16, 2003
    florida
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    EvanJ repped this.
  16. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NBCSN had a message on the screen that people with Spectrum (including Time Warner Cable) could lose many NBC channels including NBCSN and Golf Channel.

17. LaxBandit

LaxBandit Member+

Aug 27, 1999
    North Tonawanda, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SNF on NBC ‏@SNFonNBC -
    Sunday’s AFC Divisional matchup between the @steelers and @Chiefs has been moved due to weather.
    Coverage begins at 7:30 PM ET on @NBC!

Sunday, January 15 - 11:00 am ET - Manchester United vs Liverpool - NBCSN - Telemundo.
    Sunday, January 15 - 12:00 pm ET - Manchester United vs Liverpool - Second Half - NBC.

TV Update - Sundays AFC Divisional matchup between the Pittsburgh Steelers and Kansas City Chiefs has been moved due to public safety concerns in light of a forecasted storm for the Kansas City area this weekend. NBCs coverage of the game will begin at 7:30 pm ET with kickoff scheduled for 8:20 pm ET.

With Steelers-Chiefs moving to Sunday night, NBC’s broadcast schedule on Sunday will begin at 12:00 pm ET with a LIVE in-progress simulcast of NBCSN’s presentation of the second half of the Manchester United vs Liverpool football match. LB - The whole Manchester United vs Liverpool football match will still be televised LIVE on NBCSN starting at 11:00 am ET.

18. LaxBandit

LaxBandit Member+

Aug 27, 1999
    North Tonawanda, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NBC SPORTS GROUP TEAMS UP WITH AT&T TO PRESENT 4K COVERAGE OF THE PREMIER LEAGUE ON DIRECTV.

4K Ultra-High-Definition (UHD) makes United States Premier League debut this Saturday, January 21 with the Manchester City vs Tottenham match that is scheduled to kickoff at 12:30 pm ET.

NBC Sports Group and AT&T will offer the first LIVE United States telecast of the Premier League in 4K ultra high definition (UHD) this weekend to eligible DIRECTV 4K customers*.

(* Requires a Genie HD DVR (model HR54 or later) and a DIRECTV 4K Ready TV, or a 4K TV connected to a 4K Genie Mini. Additional & Advanced Receiver fees apply. SELECT Package or higher, 4K account authorization and professional installation required. Visit directv.com/4K for complete details.)

DIRECTV will distribute the coverage (on channel 106) in the crisp, detail-rich 4K UHD format beginning this Saturday, January 21 with Manchester City vs Tottenham at 12:30 pm ET and Sunday, January 22 with Arsenal vs Burnley at 9:15 am ET.

For the remainder of the 2016-2017 season, NBC Sports Group will present select Premier League matches in 4K UHD via DIRECTV. 4K UHD coverage of the Premier League will provide the same match coverage as the high definition broadcasts on NBC and NBCSN. The games will also be available to DIRECTV customers in standard and high-definition on NBC and NBCSN.

http://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/2...4k-coverage-of-the-premier-league-on-directv/

19. shanks909

shanks909 Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Chicago
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Meanwhile...those of us who subscribe to Dish are still only getting the Extra Time channels in SD!!!
    I don't know why they didn't just add them in black & white and have done with it!
    It's 2017 Dish...helloooo

NorthBank repped this.
  20. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With Fios you don't even get the Extra Time channels.

21. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WTF. Verizon goes to the trouble and expense of making a premium, state-of-the-art content delivery system, and then skimps on channels? What's behind that? Some backroom politics between NBC and carriers?

22. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It seems like everyone is trying to duplicate NFL RedZone with live look-ins and changing from game to game.

It doesn't work in soccer.

I'll admit it. NBC needs to bring back FanZone.

23. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    EvanJ repped this.
  24. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Colonial Athletic Association posts Men's Basketball highlights of every game and highlights that go from game to game.

is an example. Maybe for one segment after many games*, NBCSN should show 5 to 10 minutes of highlights going from game to game in the order the events happened.

* This could be Saturday at 12:00 P.M. or 2:30 P.M. or on a Tuesday or Wednesday with many games

25. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

So make a highlight show in a RedZone style format?

I'm listening. :)