NBC Olympic soccer channel??

Discussion in 'Business and Media' started by spottedeagle, Jul 28, 2008.

1. ThreeApples

ThreeApples Member+

Jul 28, 1999
    Smurf Village
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The US game tomorrow is on MSNBC and Universal HD.

2. ctoa23

ctoa23 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 25, 2007
    E&G Forum
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ALL of the US games will be on television, and available to EVERYONE in english.

3. Milhouse

Milhouse Member

Dec 29, 1998
    Clifton, NJ
    I was connected to the Director of Programming for NBC. He told me that the feed for the soccer channel is being sent and it is on the cable and satellite companies to broadcast the station. It's time now to call your providers to see if they'll put the channel on. What a mess this is.

4. ctoa23

ctoa23 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 25, 2007
    E&G Forum
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eventually I think it will all work out, I just don't think they'll be up by the weekend.

I guess we'll all (excluding those lucky enough to get the two channels already) have to deal with watching tomorrows games online.

All of the cable providers are to blame for not prepping well enough for Olympic programming.

And BTW, Milhouse- I live right near you haha.

5. Albirrojo

Albirrojo Member

Aug 27, 2004
    Dish network, getting channel 473 and 474 set up for Olympic coverage as Olympic 1 and 2: but not active yet. It says 8/8 it will be active.

Bravo seemed to show Olympics too last time, so we will see. Maybe I am wrong about that.

Unfortunately, perhaps they are not giving the Women's games their due!

---------

I don't think this is going to quite work out.

6. vancity eagle

vancity eagle Member+

Apr 6, 2006
    hey albirojjo where did u get ur info that dishnetwork will put the channels on 473 and 474, cause so far ive heard it was 98 99 and like 36something, which were all Hd channels. If this 473 and 474 is standard definition i get those channels.

7. Albirrojo

Albirrojo Member

Aug 27, 2004

From basically St. Paul Minnesota (why mention the big city): I take my remote control and I go by the buttons "themes" and push "sports" and look at the sports channels and the Olympic Channels are over there, but they are of no use yet! I went through that too, with 98 and 99, did not find anything.

8. vancity eagle

vancity eagle Member+

Apr 6, 2006
    so they are showing up on 473 and 474, you said theyd be up by the 8th, does that mean we miss tonights games, also what shows up when you go to those channels ?

9. Albirrojo

Albirrojo Member

Aug 27, 2004
    That's what it says, "tune in on Fri, 8/8 - Sun, 8/24, to view coverage of the Summer Olympics"; that's about all.

It doesn't seem promising. Who knows what this means? :confused:

10. secretcode

secretcode New Member

Apr 12, 2004
    USA
    oh, so that's why my DVD recorded game was black on playback.
    &^%#$#!!

11. gcstorm9

gcstorm9 Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Club:
    AC Milan
    ok im watchin the italy honduras game on channel 51 on directv...i dont kno if thats "telemundo" or not..maybe telemundo is sublettin the games onto differnt channel? it also says that univerasal hd(which is extra $5month on directv) is showing usa japan...im waiting for this holy nbc soccer channel to show up..its like a sasquatch/lockness monster..all this talk n few sightings but no evidence...

12. LaxBandit

LaxBandit Member+

Aug 27, 1999
    North Tonawanda, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The basketball games don't start until Friday evening in the United States so there weren't be anything on the station to air - although they could put up a graphic saying coming Friday at such and such time - the Olympic Basketball channel. (Actually what would be have been cool and what I would have been done - replayed some of the past USA/other country Olympic games or replay those USA exhibition games/pre Olympic specials that ESPN showed. At least something so the station isn't black and pissing off people who think they arn't getting it)

LB...

13. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Just be happy if they actually start showing something once the games begin, which the soccer channel isn't doing yet.

Crawl then walk...

14. celt1997

celt1997 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Philly Burbs
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    473 & 474 look like they're going to be non-event Olympic channels on Dish Network.

473 looks like it will be Olympic Bios
    474 is Olympic Team USA - probably recaps / storylines.

It looks like the Soccer & Basketball channels are only being sent out in the HD tiers of the various providers.

15. wiswis

wiswis Member

Mar 27, 2004
    I can confirm argentina and Ivory coast are playing right now on the OLYMPICS soccer channel on HD.
    I think they showed Italy Honduran at 5am

16. Noffke3000

Noffke3000 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Huntsville
    The response (finally) that I got from Knology (in Huntsville, AL) is that Direc TV bought the rights to the channel....which is crap because of what I'm reading in this thread. I haven't had a chance to go back and browse through all the channels to see if the person I talked to just didn't know what they were talking about....regardless I got up at 4:00am and watched the game this morning.

17. nancyb

nancyb Member

Jun 30, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have just spent ten minutes on the Cox web site trying to determine what channels are the Olympic channels. I was only able to figure out that they'll be there, but as to number, how to identify them, I could not determine that.

18. Makandal

Makandal Member

Apr 21, 2007
    Cambridge, MA (USA)
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti
    So Dish Network will not have the soccer and basketball channels? (that would suck!)
    Or are the only making it available to HD subscribers? (that would be even worse!)

19. robii

robii Member

Aug 27, 2005
    usa
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Albania
    Directv have added 4 channels for Omlypic coverage, 750 - 753.
    I guess they willbe showing everything there.

20. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Maybe where you live. Still a blank screen over here.

21. shelbo

shelbo Member+

Oct 16, 2007
    L.A.
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The NBC Olympic Soccer Channel is supposed to be on DirecTV at channel 755.

Can anyone confirm? (I'm at work or I'd check myself ;) )

22. canned goods

canned goods New Member

Dec 10, 2005
    I'm at work too...Just checked and we have NBC-OSC on Direct TV 755 beginning in the wee hours on 8/9 and in the guide, it lists women's soccer action all day on that channel. I can't access the channel yet, but it's listed now, so hopefully it goes live tomorrow.

23. DV1882

DV1882 Member

Dec 2, 2006
    On Dish it's channel 98 but for HD subs only no standard feed. The USA soccer games will be on other channels too but all other teams will only be in HD.

24. footlandia

footlandia New Member

Apr 22, 2008

I can confirm - 750 till 755 those are all Olympic channels :)

25. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Time Warner in KC is 1443-1444 for HD Soccer/Basketball. It's been great. I overslept for the Japan game, so I went and watched online. The quality was great, and the best part, no commentators - just the stadium sounds. Don't know if it will stay that way, but I might watch them all online to avoid Balboa, and I have HD.