Nations League: Spain-England 15 October 2018 (R)

Discussion in 'Spain: National Teams' started by Pichi, Oct 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    win at Croatia and yes we will top the group.

2. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Just need to beat Poland... or hope Poland holds England to a draw.

Sorry, meant Croatia

3. Buffonfan

Buffonfan Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Well since this nations league only 1 team can get to the qualifying, then I feel so sad for Modric (Croatia), this guy legs I don't know how much more can he take, constantly running 90 minutes from his WCup, to Madrid clubs, to Friendlies, and now to this whole Nations League, always him starting and running the full 90 minutes.

4. Buffonfan

Buffonfan Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #54 Buffonfan, Oct 15, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
    We should be able to win Croatia, right? I mean we trashed them 6-0, with them conceded that much goals last time, mentally it will be tough for them to beat us this time.
    And Croatia drawn with England in their last match empty standium.

5. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    A wake up call for Luis Enrique and the NT. Today it was obvious that Spain's defense which has been suspect for a long time is in dire straits as they gave up 2 goals on turnovers and one on a bad pass in parts of the field where those miscues usually lead to goals. Three shots on goal and three goals. As some posted earlier do not know why Luis Enrique waited until the 57th minute to the necessary changes as if what occurred in the first 45 mintues was going to change after a half time pep talk? Alcacer has demonstrated that he needs to start each match, Ceballos looked good in the 33 minutes played. Busquets looked real bad and has not been in form for the NT in a long while going back to pre WC2018. Ramos scored late but he too has not been playing at the level needed and I believe he's lost more than one step against the younger players at his age. There is one month before the Croatia match, which give Luis Enrique time to figure out what he needs to do next and if those players who are hot remain hot they need to start.

Group Table after today:
    Spain 3 Games 6 Pts +6
    England 3 Games 4 Pts +/- 0
    Croatia 2 Games 1 Pts. -6

Remaining games:
    Croatia-Spain 15 Nov
    England-Croatia 18 Nov

Spain wins the group with a win
    Spain wins the group with a draw and an England loss or draw
    Spain wins the group with a loss and an England-Croatia draw
    Spain finishes second with a loss and the England-Croatia game not ending in a draw. The winner of the England-Croatia match would have 7 points to Spain's 6 points.

Aupa Espanha y La Furia Roja!