Nations League: Croatia-Spain 15 Nov. (R)

Discussion in 'Spain: National Teams' started by Pichi, Nov 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Spain travels to Croatia for the 4th and final game to the Nations League Group D play. The match will be shown live on Galavision and Univision here in the US at 1445 hrs EST and 1145 hrs PST.

Here is the list of 24 players called up for this match and the friendly on the 18th in Las Palmas against Bosnia.

Porteros: De Gea (M. United), Kepa (Chelsea), Pau López (Betis).

Defensas: Jordi Alba (Barcelona), Ramos (Real Madrid), Íñigo Martínez (Athletic), Diego Llorente (Real Sociedad), Mario Hermoso (Espanyol), Jonny (Wolverhampton), Gayà (Valencia), Azpilicueta (Chelsea).

Centrocampistas: Ceballos (Real Madrid), Isco (Real Madrid), Saúl (Atlético), Rodrigo H. (Atlético), Sergi Roberto (Barcelona), Busquets (Barcelona), Suso (Milán), Fornals (Villarreal) y Brais Méndez (Celta).

Delanteros: Asensio (Real Madrid), Rodrigo M. (Valencia), Iago Aspas (Celta) y Morata (Chelsea).

Aupa Espana y La Furia Roja!

2. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    we lost 3-2. Two losses in a row for Luis Enrique. De Gea disappoints. Sergi Roberto is not a right back, no matter what the Barca coaches say.

Looking at our starting lineup, it doesn't look like a world class team. Barely top 20 to be honest

3. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I think a deserved loss. Spain had some chances to win and some periods of good play, but overall it wasn't a great game.

For all the press clamoring for Alba back, he was at his WC form and played as if he doesn't like the coach (i.e. crap)

Won't win anything with De Gea in the goal.

Isco horrible.

I don't know why Sergi Roberto is our starting rightback.

We need to look for better strikers.

Our mid, normally our strength, was losing the battle for large parts of the game.

Good thing the nation league doesn't matter, right now I don't really care one way or another if we go to the final four. We're not going to look good in those games if we play like this, better to stay at home and try to rebuild the team in one way or another.

4. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Roberto has been to blame for 6 out of 7 goals we've ( Barca) conceded !!

5. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    "De Gea es como el "fish and chips".En Inglaterra tiene mucho éxito pero en España no le gusta a nadie."

6. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I look at this as a friendly, regardless of what UEFA calls it. Luis Enrique is tinkering with the team before the Euro Qualifiers start and it's obvious that some of the players used are not a good fit. DeGea is downright awful and Kepa needs to start going forward. Alcacer needs to get called back and so does Bartra. I would not be surprised to see a new starting XI against Bosnia on Sunday. Might as well see if the other players are a good fit.

7. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I’m at work so haven’t watched the game yet.
    Regarding the goalkeeper, I don’t watch any Premier League so no idea how Kepa has been performing. But I’d like to see Pau Lopez play at least 45 minutes on Monday.
    Haven’t understood why Sergi Roberto regularly starts at right back for Barca. Shocked that he start there for Spain as well.