Nations League A, Camp 2, Canada/Cuba, Nov. 15/19

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by Dander, Oct 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dlokteff

dlokteff Member+

Jan 22, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
    He's already in Chicago!! Required by USSF, and must speak English of course.

dcpohl and Suyuntuy repped this.
  2. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    LOL. No. You're obviously not watching. Miazga is doing well, but Robinson, Holmes and Lichaj aren't. Cameron is fine until he slows down and becomes Mr. Yellow Card.

Girt repped this.
  3. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Robinson is with the U23 and Kreis apparently deemed him not good enough to play. I have no idea what has happened with Miazga, already said I think he should be there.

I don't care about online ratings. Anyone can implement one, and pick the formula he likes.

4. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    And without a Spanish accent!

5. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    ream at least had the good sense to spend some time in mls

6. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    People who wholly dismiss ratings are those who don't want their subjectivity checked so they can argue anything. It's not a biased rating system. It's off base in some individual cases, but it's consistent and reliable, and when you see disparities like that big, seldom does it not mean one player is better than the other. People are biased and unreliable. Will rely on them only if necessary.

To wit, Kreis started Vines over Robinson, as well as Mihailovic over multiple other players clearly better than him. Robinson had a far superior rating to Vines in a little tougher league. From my eye test, Vines was indeed pedestrian. Meanwhile, Robinson has been ok for the senior team, even though last outing sucked. The bias is rampant in this program because of all the conflicts of interest and cronyism. So that's not a proper measure.

DHC1 repped this.
  7. IndividualEleven

Mar 16, 2006
    I'm referring to National Team play. Get a grip, please. Grab something. Anything.

8. dlokteff

dlokteff Member+

Jan 22, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
    Too bad Miazga was bought by a Top 20 team in the world. Idiot.

9. DHC1

DHC1 Member+

Jun 3, 2002
    NYC
    good luck with taking to @Suyuntuy about it. He’s fully vested in saying that YA suck and all aboard the MLS only train.

I give you credit, you’ve opened my eyes to the importance of giving minutes to players looking to transfer. Who was the last coach good at that: Bradley?

thedukeofsoccer repped this.
  10. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Some of the YAs do suck. Most of the MLSers also suck.

Still, we're playing against teams that have even weaker rosters. We should have enough. If we don't, it's on the manager.

Pegasus repped this.
  11. IndividualEleven

Mar 16, 2006
    5 fullbacks selected--only one starts. Zardes starting at striker. Morales on the bench. Ok.

Pegasus repped this.
  12. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's certainly the best in the last 5, unless you count Sarachan who had nothing to lose.

If this weren't a motive of USSF board member Don Garber, then he wouldn't have a single entity system to dissuade transfers. Very recently has the rule been lifted for homegrowns, but that's like 20% of the league.

The bias can be toward not only how many MLS players are on roster/xi's, but which type. They're not necessarily representative of talent the league could provide to the national team if they're blocking players coveted by European clubs or would be otherwise.

DHC1 repped this.
  13. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    That's dismal. Man. :(

14. UncagedGorilla

Barcelona
    Sep 22, 2009
    East Bay, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    WTF is this lineup? Back against the wall and Zardes plus Ream the LB are who you're counting on to save the day? Call me a traitor if you want but I hope Canada makes us look just like we did in October.

One bright spot, I do think Lletget at the 10 will help, especially with McKennie back to the 8. I don't care what Gregg calls them.

15. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. dcpohl

dcpohl Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey everyone! Haven't posted in awhile. Hope this is a good win.

Magikfute repped this.