Nations League A, Camp 2, Canada/Cuba, Nov. 15/19

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by Dander, Oct 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pulisic should decline and tell Egg Head he'll see him in March. Focus on Chelsea. I'd have no problem with other Euro based players doing the same given the NT is a train wreck. Focus on your club situations.

They shouldn't be needed to beat Canada and Cuba. If they are, GGG should be fired since he's rolled with a heavy domestic roster since his introduction.

Use his cupcakes for this window and let the Euros focus on their day jobs.

Master O and Girt repped this.
  2. Robert Borden

Robert Borden Member+

Chelsea
    Canada
    Apr 19, 2017
    Toronto, Ontario
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    If the USSF doesn't care about winning trophies... Otherwise, they are needed to win the group

Girt and Three and Three repped this.
  3. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I'm ok with Pulisic answering the call if they play him at the 10 next to Arriola on the wing. Sargent should not take the call up and stay in Germany and work on his game instead because the role General Egg has in mind for him makes no sense. Let Zardes/Jozy take the gig.

4. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It’s about time to see what a full strength USMNT can do, minus Adams, Weah.

Pulisic—Sargent—Morris
    —Pomykal—McKennie—-
    ————Morales————
    Dest———————Yedlin
    ——-Brooks—Miazga——
    ————-Steffen————

5. Dander

Dander Member

Tampa Bay Rowdies
    United States
    Apr 3, 2017
    How will the system work with that lineup? Color me skeptical. No Bradley, Lovitz, or Roldan?

6. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know that’s tongue in cheek but it’s also really sad cause 3G probably at the core of him feels that way. How will the new guys learn if they don’t have the other players to lean on.

7. Patrick167

Patrick167 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 4, 2017
    This should be the lineup versus Cuba. How fun would it be? It would also be fine against Canada, just don't think 3G has the balls.

Pulisic---------Sargent----------Morris
    ---------Ledezma------McKennie------
    ------------------Adams-------------------
    Dest------Ream-----Miazga---Cannon

Against Canada, I would play Holmes for Ledezma, Brooks for Dest (Ream shifts over ugh), and Yedlin for Cannon. Altidore for Sargent is a neutral move for me.

TOAzer repped this.
  8. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can we move on from Ream, please? There are a ton of young, better or at least equal to options out there. I’d throw in any of Long, Zimmerman, Brooks, Carter-Vickers, or Alvarado into that spot before Ream any day of the week.

and, Adams is still returning from injury? That’s an easy adjustment by throwing in Morales.

Marius Tresor repped this.
  9. Patrick167

Patrick167 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 4, 2017
    I would, sure. But we seem to need to have a CB that can split two lines with a pass. Brooks is the first choice. But I can't see him playing against Canada and against Cuba.

Zimmerman and Long cannot pass. It has been glaring. Zimmerman will at least try. Long just passes it to Steffan or his CB partner. Not sure which causes more damage. I'd give CCV a look against Cuba. Great point. I haven't seen Alvarado play in 4 years; bring him to camp.

Adams coming back is all that matters. Probably more than removing 3G. Seems like he is on track. He might only go against Canada, but he might want some more minutes.

There are options and good young options all over the field. I have no idea why we have wasted so many months and minutes on U25 MLS players.

largegarlic and Eleven Bravo repped this.
  10. Marius Tresor

Marius Tresor Member+

Aug 1, 2014
    Weah may need some minutes. Play him against Cuba.

Patrick167 repped this.
  11. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is my starting lineup right now... w/ Adams taking his rightful place for Morales. If Weah is able to attend then he would be my first sub. This team needs to come out and make a statement... sorta like CP did this past weekend.

UncagedGorilla and Eleven Bravo repped this.
  12. largegarlic

largegarlic Member+

Jul 2, 2007
    Does anyone have any updates on Weah? I'd love to see him in November, but a quick search didn't turn up any indication that's he close to fit.

13. Marius Tresor

Marius Tresor Member+

Aug 1, 2014

14. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Moving forward, I want to see Berhalter call up players regardless of injury. Their broke ass can sit on the bench and cheer on the team. There are countless advantages to keeping them in the loop and building relationships with the rest of the squad.

That said, I’m for leaving Weah and Adams at home in November. Both are returning to fitness and at sensitive points in their careers.

15. rgli13

rgli13 Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    im pumped for this one- with adams (hopefully) back as our hybrid rb/cm and dest as a hybrid lb/cm we will probably only have to use one of the other cm spots to fully cover for bradley. and thats before you even get to lovitz being freed up to return to his natural position/role as first off the bench when we need a goal!

watch out you tim horton loving bastards, berhalters locked and loaded now!

16. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I don't see Adams not starting with club for 7 months and jumping on a plane to America first opportunity. CCV had to be carried off in his last match with club.

I don't see wes, adams, brooks showing for Nov window. I'm hoping Sargent stays in Bremen to continue his progress with club. Sarge doesn't play Egg's system anyway.

I think General Egg marshals this force of destiny vs. Canada

---------------arriola----jozy----morris
    ----------------------puli-------roldan
    ---------------------------bradley
    ----ream-------long-----------------miazga---dest
    --------------------------gk: Steffen

17. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Yeah, everybody's equal but some are more equal than others.

18. DHC1

DHC1 Member+

Jun 3, 2002
    NYC
    Lol.

If this is what Gregg wants to do, he should let Pulisic and sergino stay with their clubs as well. They’re not much different that Wes, adams, brooks, etc in that they need to solidify their club situation.

or could it be that you just don’t rate certain overseas players??....

19. yurch10

yurch10 Member+

Feb 13, 2004
    I've asked this before, but don't remember if anyone had an answer. What does Alvarado have to do to get a call-up, and why hasn't he? Captaining a Liga MX team, still relatively young...I haven't heard anybody related to US Soccer even mention his name.

20. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    for some reasons, it’s okay to scapegoat certain players if they play abroad and had a poor performance in the US national shirt.

look at Timmy Chandler. No, I wouldn’t say he’s my first choice. But the dude is a rotational player for one of the best clubs in the Bundesliga. He should be on the radar. But oh no! He had a bad performance against Honduras 10 years ago so he should NEVER be called up again. Meanwhile, Lovitz, Bradley, Trapp, Roldan, and Zardes will get call ups after calls ups.

Hell, Alfredo Morales was blacklisted until it became apparent that our midfield was a disaster. I can’t remember him even having that bad of a game.

Meanwhile, Alvarado received all the blame for a bad Gold Cup performance when he too was a toddler. Never mind the fact he has been captaining one of the best teams in Liga MX, and possess elite attributes for a center back.

21. rgli13

rgli13 Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it was thought to be a possible injury but ccv played saturday (after coming off either midweek or last weekend).

22. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't want to see any of these guys on the next roster. We know what they are and it is not good enough... perhaps Roldan as a backup.

Eleven Bravo repped this.
  23. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    With all this talk about Tyler Adams, has he even returned to training yet for RB Leipzig?

Unless he returns to the lineup for them by basically Wednesday, there's no way that Berhalter should risk him for Nations League matches.

DHC1 repped this.
  24. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it’s foolish in my opinion to call him or Weah up for this match. As I’ve said, if a player was on the shelf and not in training, I believe in calling the player to make the trip anyways and have him be in the locker room and part of the team. But, I don’t believe it’s wise when both have had major injuries, both are extremely young, and both play for large clubs in Europe to bring them across the pond for what amounts, in my opinion, as a meaningless game. Let them build themselves back up at their club. There will be a lot of soccer left to play where we need both.

glutton4Bolts repped this.
  25. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Morris limped off and Twellman was pointed out he couldn't move for quite a while. That's back to back games that he's been hindered, while it hasn't been mentioned what with. That's a concern going into this camp. Have to keep an eye on it. He's been an important player for us.

jnielsen, Girt and glutton4Bolts repped this.