National Team Thread: 2018 Edition

Discussion in 'El Salvador' started by La Trucha, Jan 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SamKnight

SamKnight Member+

Los Angeles Football Club
    United States
    Aug 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Yeah I hope that scouts that were at the game took a look at him, He definitely stood out and it wasn't just because of his hair.

2. Jjr manzano

Jjr manzano Member

Sep 13, 2012
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Hahaha well his hair does help lol. But he played well. Outside of the near catastrophic blooper our goalie made he played well. Came of his line well. Won the crosses near him and came down with the ball. He did not just punch them out like our goal keepers tend to do. I felt comfortable with him keeping the nets for the most part.

3. Jjr manzano

Jjr manzano Member

Sep 13, 2012
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I was impressed and happy with both those guys. Not including Pineda of coarse who goes with out saying. He is a killer. Man he almost came of the field with an IV attached to him. He gave it all and I was really happy to see his efforts. Once he was subbed out you could see we had hardly any offensive threats against Honduras. We had a couple of opportunities but nothing to scary for the Honduras defense or keeper..

4. Jjr manzano

Jjr manzano Member

Sep 13, 2012
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Did you guys notice a difference in having de Los cobos?? The team looked prepared for what they were facing. But could we of performed any better or the same with Zarco and the same players? That’s the debate we need to touch on lol!!!

5. SamKnight

SamKnight Member+

Los Angeles Football Club
    United States
    Aug 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I feel confident with Carlos De los Cobos going forward because he gives us stability, we have many emerging young players that can add to the NT. Still want to see how this team performs under him with the full roster available.

I know that people hate the Federation but I would like to see El Salvador host friendlies in LAFC's new stadium and DC United's new stadium.

William Flores repped this.
  6. salvikicks

salvikicks Member+

Mar 6, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    William Flores repped this.
  7. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  8. WhyMe

WhyMe Member

Nov 7, 2015
    NYC
    im sure someone will post the list callup for the upcoming practice cycle but its just really...disheartening to see what this all is.

1. we are so low on talent. the only talented ace player we have is denis pineda and that wont be enough. and then we have some b+ players like aging zelaya, tamacas, larin and dominguez. darwin is overrated and arturo is fading fast and cannot be relied on going forward.

2. so many players who get called up is not on merit but rather who kisses ass the best behind the scenes and favors to friends. its a complete freaking waste. henry hernandez should not be any where near a callup list lmao. joke.

like i said. at least 2 cycles until we are MAYBE as good as 1997/2009.

9. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    It is going to take a while to truly recover from the match-fixing scandal of 2013. Most of the guilty players are well into their mid to late 30’s now, but for the younger players such as Osael Romero, he could’ve still been aiming for 2022 World Cup. Who knows what could’ve been, had our best player Fito Zelaya not been involved either.

It’s crazy knowing AA will be 37 come the 2022 WC.

10. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Well these players have come to train, so many other players have not been released that why no Gerson Mayen, Benji Villalobos and heaps of Alianza playershave joined or foreign palyers.
    Well its not due to lack of talent, just players refusing to move abroad that isn't Guatemala first division or USL.
    Rodrigo Rivera, Oscar Ceren, Bryan Tamacas, Diego Coca, Narciso Orellana, Jose Pena should have moved on and I worry their progress will stall.
    We should also naturalise Joel Almedia and Bladimir Diaz who would help us with depth in the short term.

Blue_nation724 repped this.
  11. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    As I said earlier this season it will be FESFUT vs. Pohl. Albeit the clubs aren’t forced to release players at the moment so of course they more than likely won’t.

Mayen picked up a knock so he might be left out due to that.

Edit: I’m not too big a fan of Almeida he has some moments that just make you shake your head.

12. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Gotta say, a lot has to do with the clubs as well. There are some young players who get good game time but many don’t and it’s frustrating to see. Also, gotta agree with players who don’t move abroad to at least try. Congrats to Dominguez for that move to whitecaps to get some experience that will help.
    Honestly, I’ve said this before. We have our starting 11 pretty locked down (minus a couple of spots, like 4 players) and our bench extremely lacks good reinforcments. Gotta start seeing some growth from the young guns.

13. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Well I rather him than Henry Hernandez that guy makes anybody a human side bobble head, he probably the fifth best keeper in the league

14. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    We haven’t had two decent up incoming keepers in a long time.

15. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Most of the young players don’t play :/ keepers especially

16. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Well best ones in El Salvador are Isidro metapan Oscar Pleitéz and Limeno Kevin Carabantes . My guess if this two finally get a chance it will be like Benji Villalobos type situation

17. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Well best ones in El Salvador are Isidro metapan Oscar Pleitéz and Limeno Kevin Carabantes . My guess if this two finally get a chance it will be like Benji Villalobos type situation

18. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia

19. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    Did you mean to quote that or did you just repost BKR?

20. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    It’s an internet meme to copypaste an accidental double post. :oops:

21. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Here’s the list. Honestly I’m disappointed by the list

Attached Files:

22. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    The return of Xavi Garcia I’m not happy about that. Also the NTs have been on a roll lately.

U19 dead lady in the group, the female NT destroyed 11-0 by Costa Rica great start to the Hugo regime.

23. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Cool to see Joaquin Rivas from USL got his first callup

24. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Dead last* have no idea how I got lady out of it... but yeah the U20 boys aren’t looking too great.

25. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Can we expect anything more from De Los Cobos though? Yes, we had succes with him when he coached. But i mean this is a guy known for not going against the ‘rules’ (meaning FESFUT) and also he hasn’t been coaching anyone for a couple of years.