National Team Thread: 2018 Edition

Discussion in 'El Salvador' started by La Trucha, Jan 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
  2. William Flores

United States
    Apr 17, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    It means that company has the rights to boradcast El Salvador qualifying games for the next four years, crictism has been towards the federation as they could have got a higher price, hwoever they did not bother to even take other company bids. This means downt he track the same issue of financial issue will pop up where the federation will have minimal money to spend all of the national teams.

4. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010

Another piece to the puzzle is that in the past and likely this time as well members of fesfut received some money in their personal bank accounts for just awarding the tv rights without bothering to look for how to maximize profits. The level of corruption from this current group that constantly says they are broke is ridiculous

William Flores repped this.
  5. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I know that this probably won’t be likely, but i would love to see Zarco coach the NT. We have seen he is capable and can do it as good as anybody, and having a Salvadoran coach would be great.

6. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    His the logical choice at the moment, especially due the cheapness of our federation to not get or retain top quality coaches *cough* Ruben Israel *cough* Eduardo Lara

7. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Well Jorge Zarco Rodriguez will be the coach of el salavdor for the honduras game, his staff with be Adonay Martinez (assistant coach), Rene Ramirez (fitness coach) and schafik Chavez (goalkeeping coach)
    External Links:

[​IMG]

He quoted as saying he ' 'La intención no es quedarme en la selección, es venir a sacar este juego'' . Welcome to FESFUT hore a guy for one game, and continue to twiddle their thumbs before the tournament begins.

The list of players he called up

[​IMG]
    Well Benji was a safe choice since he is still number one in goals for Aguila, but jesus Oscar Arroyo is second fiddle at Alianza and has barely played any game this season. I would have kept Benji and selected Oscar pleitiez from Metapan. Also could we nationalise Joel Almedia already, he been in the country for several years and would add depth to our goalkeeping stocks.
    defense wise all players are in form and getting regular minutes with the exception Mario Jacobo, the only two missing are Roberto Dominguez and Juan Barahona both injured. This is group of defenders are all reasonable and will be prime ages in four years time, so I am happy.

[​IMG]
    Midfield which is honestly our strength, depth is quite good, though disappointed that herbert sosa wasn't selected as he has been outstanding this year.

Our forwards, jesus this is bad, missing Nelson Bonilla and Rodolfo zelaya we are missing depth, Harold Alas and Jose Pena ahd great season and deserve callup but lets be honest when i see this two names I don't see us scoring goals, David Diaz has not played a single minute for alianza this campaign arghh.
    why not call Bladimir Diaz, he has been nationalised as Salvadoran and stated he wants to play for the national team.

To be fair he called several players from abroad, however they either refused such as Nelson Bonilla, arturo alvarez and Darwin Ceren, clubs wouldn't release them such as Andres Flores, Derby Carillo, Pablo Punyed, or other matters prevented from joining such Irving Herrera, Wilma Torres and Rodolfo Zelaya.
    Well since the minimal preparation ever he chose a majoirty of Alianza players, he did the same when the last time he coached el salavdor except replace Metapan.
    This list how lack in depth we are in strikers and Goalkeepers.

William Flores and slaminsams repped this.
  8. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    About that.

This stems from these events from last night. Also no surprise that Atlético Marte voted for since he has an interest on that club, especially with rumors that he wants to help them buy back a spot in the first division.

Now it’s up to the players and them saying no we will not play.

Sums it up.
    999394053153280000 is not a valid tweet id

9. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Sooooo... wtf is going on now?

10. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I don’t even know anymore.

11. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Well good on Jorge ''Zarco'' Rodriguez for keeping his value intact and calling the ''bulll-shit'' that has been happening with FESFUT, Hugo Carrillo and Jorge Rajo have been the absolute worst thing to happen to FESFUT and El Salvador national football team. There was hope we were getting rid of them, but with this move, it just shows how easy it is to manipulate the system.

I laughed when Carrillo says he has no idea why their is so much hatred towards him and his administration.

This is the candidates that I reckon FESFUT will be thinking to hire:
    1) Alexsander Rodriguez (2) Nelson Ancheta (3) Roberto Gamara (4) Edwin Portillo (5) some random foreign coach (mercernary similar to Ramon Maradiago, Juan Dios Castillo, Hernan Medford)

You know the situation is bad when people want Lisandro Pohl to run for FESFUT president

Willsant87 repped this.
  12. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    Pohl as president would be a nightmare. He is confrontational and corrupt. He has finally done something with Alianza but given his resources relative to everyone else it’s not to impressive and the credit goes more to Zarco for making everything finally gel.

I really hope the clubs step up and vote in someone competent what happened with Carillo in the second division is frustrating and making me lose even more hope

Willsant87 repped this.
  13. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    The second division has shown it has no guts to change anything, but the first division has shown it isntired of FESFUT and is willing to fight back.
    As or the game, I kinda hope we send the U21. They need a good friendly and this is one where they would learn a lot.

Willsant87, Grimmjow316 and slaminsams repped this.
  14. William Flores

United States
    Apr 17, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Carlos De Los Cobos is appointed as the head coach for El Salvador’s national team:eek:

15. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Going back to the past, my bet is he the only one that would accept at such a short nptice, sigh we went from Ruben Lara, Albert Roca and Eduardo Lara and just regressed backwards.

slaminsams repped this.
  16. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    I am a little fearful this will be another Maradiaga situation. He has been out of coaching for a while. The thing I do like about him is he can put up with the crazyness of our fed but how are they magically able to pay him all of a sudden I wonder.

17. halfnhalf89

halfnhalf89 Member+

Aug 19, 2008
    Finally some good new! His style of play suits the team!

18. SamKnight

SamKnight Member+

Los Angeles Football Club
    United States
    Aug 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Carlos de los Cobos is a better option than a local coach, he is the last guy to take us to the Hex and already knows the country and our style of play. Obviously the main concern is that he has not coached a team since 2015 but that is a positive too, at least to the Federation because that means he comes cheap.

I'm optimistic about this.

William Flores and Willsant87 repped this.
  19. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Carlos de los cobos has called his first team list - players are dropped Harold Alas, Mario Jacobo, Marvin Monterrosa and Juan carlos Portillo.
    Players called up Xavi Garcia, Gerson Mayen and Edwin Sanchez.

Goalkeeper

1. Oscar Arroyo Alianza FC

2. Benji Villalobos CD Águila

Defenses

3. Bryan Tamacas Santa Tecla FC

4. Alexander Mendoza Santa Tecla FC

5. Rudy Clavel Alianza FC

6. Iván Mancía Alianza FC

7. Jonathan Jiménez Alianza FC

8. Xavier García CD FAS

9. Néstor Raúl Renderos CD FAS

10. Alexander Larín

Midfielders

11. Oscar Cerén Alianza FC

12. Isaac Portillo Alianza FC

13. Narciso Orellana Alianza FC

14. Marlon Cornejo Alianza FC

15. Denis Pineda CD Santa Clara -Portugal

16. Gerson Mayen Santa Tecla FC

17. Edwin Sánchez CD. Aguila

18. Diego Galdámez Coca

Forwards:

19. José Ángel Peña Alianza FC

20. David Diaz Alianza FC

20. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Here’s the thing about this. De Los Cobos is a good coach, but we have gone from Albert Roca and Eduardo Lara to him. Two great coaches, who had their attempts at doing good for our soccer stumped by this shitty federation. We can literally bring in Zidane and the fed would ruin everything. The fact that he also signed for a rumor of 4+ years shows that this federation is planning on sticking around for a good while and doesn’t wanna release it’s grip. It’s the small things that show what they’re up too.

slaminsams repped this.
  21. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    Also why not bring Lara back if there is suddenly money to make that kind of a deal. Lara still isn’t coaching another team yet that I know of.

22. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    Pohl says he won’t let Alianza’s players go to the friendly so they can get ready for their Olimpia friendly. Yet their are people that want him as our fa president when he has consistently screwed over our football for years

SamKnight and Willsant87 repped this.
  23. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    ...lol the audacity. When's the Alianza friendly? Dude must've took the CONCACAF League chokejob against Olimpia to heart

William Flores, SamKnight and Willsant87 repped this.
  24. mczh

mczh Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Dallas, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    While I'm usually not in favor of anything Pohl does, I'm in agreement here. Why should they give any play to a federation that has consistently proven themselves incapable of resembling anything close to a competent organization? The players and supporters want change but they can't halfass a protest otherwise that'll create even more divisions than already exist

25. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    It might seem that way but Pohl is very petty and is looking out for his interest and in this case it just so happens to coincide in a category that many people are also joined against. This could also be payback for earlier last year when he was reprimanded by FESFUT. So Alianza will come out and say a few fluff words about how they want changes but they really don’t mean anything.