National Team Thread: 2018 Edition

Discussion in 'El Salvador' started by La Trucha, Jan 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    2017 Edition

Games played (Total 6):
    Friendly vs. Honduras (Jun. 2)
    Nations League vs. Montserrat (Sep. 8)
    Friendly vs. Brazil (Sep. 11)
    Nations League vs. Barbados (Oct. 13)
    Nations League vs. Bermuda (Nov. 16)
    Friendly vs. Haiti (Nov. 20)

Results:
    4 Wins
    0 Draws
    2 Losses

Goalscorers:
    Oscar Ceren - 2 goals
    Denis Pineda, Nelson Bonilla, Gerson Mayen, Gilberto Baires & Joaquin Rivas - 1 goal

Total goals scored: 7
    Total goals conceded: 6

2. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    So what tournaments involving ES (either senior or junior) is there to look forward to this year?

3. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    There is the 2018 Central American and Caribbean games in Colombia. It’s an under 21 tournament with three over age players allowed. Hopefully we don’t have an unexpected coaching change and the clubs allow the players to go. It is scheduled between July 19- August 3.

Not sure if the Central American u20 and u17 World Cup qualifiers are this year or next

Blue_nation724 repped this.
  4. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    If i remember correctly, the uncaf for those u20 or u17 are at the end of this year, which is the pre qualifiers to the wcq.
    No overage tournament this year. WC only.

slaminsams repped this.
  5. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I enjoy following the U-20 WCQ's, but welp it already looks like this year will be a very quiet year for ES :/

6. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    FESFUT has fired Eduardo Lara due to financial constraints.
    Lmao what a joke. First we undue all the work Roca has done. Now Lara. We might as well not have a NT.

SamKnight, Willsant87 and slaminsams repped this.
  7. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Not surprisingly the players are ********ing furious by this.

I would say back to square one, but it feels way, way more backwards than that.

8. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    I am still having hard time understanding where the money is going. We seem to have no operating budget despite it having just been a gold cup year. There were some friendlies and even before when there was the wcq money they were saying they were broke. Where is it all going? The mens nt coach has traditionally been the most expensive part of the budget but they weren’t even paying him

Blue_nation724 and Willsant87 repped this.
  9. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I would be too. It’s ridiculous. Their decision has been to get rid of TWO coaches who were bringing positive experiences and kept one who made us total shit and took away our WC chance. When it’s for a positive change FESFUT gets rid of it so fast.

I wager they use it on themselves. Their first class flights won pay themselves

La Trucha repped this.
  10. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Enough is enough, we need to start a movement, to have this board replaced and have them accountable.
    This board has taken everything positive and smashed into he ground.
    I dare you to name one achievement this incompetent board has done since taking over.
    We need to start a campaign something like #AFUERAFESFUT , I knw this sounds silly but something needs to be done.
    I Have had enough of Federation having no accountability

11. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Mini draft of the open letter

Dear FESFUT

We write this letter on behalf of the millions of Salvadorans both in El Salvador and around the world

The sacking of Eduardo Lara is the final straw, this administration has shown to lack any vision and foresight. They have promised to make changes but instead have pushed El Salvador soccer backwards.

Dramatic changes must be made at many levels, but it all starts at the top. In no uncertain terms, the President of the El Salvador Soccer Federation, Hugo Carrillo, must go. he has presided over an unmitigated disaster and the Federation needs fresh leadership and ideas from top to bottom. El Salvador has gone backwards in terms of youth development, financial stability and footballing stability. The buck stops with them and we call on them to accept the responsibility of this outcome.

To the members of the footballing community; players, coaches, referees, clubs, volunteers and fans.

We see you, we share your experience, we thank you and we acknowledge the work you all do despite being constrained by FESFUT.

Although this letter is for the entire FESFUT board to resign, this is just another example of the history of FESFUT abusing their power and preventing El Salvador soccer to grow. Hopefully this is the start of every federation being held accountable.

We ask for supporters, clubs, players to sign the open letter and by protesting through peaceful means by sharing the predominate FUERAFESFUT symbol.

We ask for business leaders and sport leaders to stand ip and provide the support to bring a new era of positivity to el Salvador football.

This means putting where your mouth is, which means putting your words and theory in practice not just something you say off handed.

Kind Regards

El Salvador footballing community

12. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I like it. If you can, put this in twitter and tag the big players (el gráfico, the players, FESFUT themselves)

William Flores and Willsant87 repped this.
  13. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Thanks well luckily it was just a draft as Jorge Rajo is the president. But shows how much of a coward that he makes Hugo Carrillo answer all the question.

Dear FESFUT

We write this letter on behalf of the millions of Salvadorans both in El Salvador and around the world

The sacking of Eduardo Lara is the final straw, this administration has shown to lack any vision and foresight. They have promised to make changes but instead have pushed El Salvador soccer backwards.

Dramatic changes must be made at many levels, but it all starts at the top. In no uncertain terms, the President of the El Salvador Soccer Federation, Hugo Carrillo, must go. he has presided over an unmitigated disaster and the Federation needs fresh leadership and ideas from top to bottom. El Salvador has gone backwards in terms of youth development, financial stability and footballing stability. The buck stops with them and we call on them to accept the responsibility of this outcome.

To the members of the footballing community; players, coaches, referees, clubs, volunteers and fans.

We see you, we share your experience, we thank you and we acknowledge the work you all do despite being constrained by FESFUT.

Although this letter is for the entire FESFUT board to resign, this is just another example of the history of FESFUT abusing their power and preventing El Salvador soccer to grow. Hopefully this is the start of every federation being held accountable.

We ask for supporters, clubs, players to sign the open letter and by protesting through peaceful means by sharing the predominately #FUERAFESFUT symbol.

We ask for business leaders and sport leaders to stand ip and provide the support to bring a new era of positivity to el Salvador football.

This means putting where your mouth is, which means putting your words and theory in practice not just something you say off handed.

Kind Regards

El Salvador footballing community

Querido FESFUT

Escribimos esta carta en nombre de millones de salvadoreños en El Salvador y en todo el mundo

El despido de Eduardo Lara es la paja final esta administración ha demostrado carecer de visión y previsión. Han prometido hacer cambios, pero en cambio han empujado al fútbol de El Salvador atrás.

Los cambios dramáticos deben hacerse en muchos niveles, pero todo comienza en la parte superior. En términos muy claros, el presidente de la Federación de Fútbol de El Salvador, Jorge Rajo, debe irse. él ha presidido un desastre sin paliativos y la Federación necesita un nuevo liderazgo e ideas de arriba a abajo. El Salvador ha retrocedido en términos de desarrollo juvenil, estabilidad financiera y estabilidad futbolística. El dinero se detiene con ellos y les pedimos que acepten la responsabilidad de este resultado.

A los miembros de la comunidad futbolística; jugadores, entrenadores, árbitros, clubes, voluntarios y fanáticos.

Te vemos, compartimos tu experiencia, te agradecemos y reconocemos el trabajo que todos hacen a pesar de estar limitados por FESFUT.

Aunque esta carta es para que renuncie toda la junta de FESFUT, este es solo otro ejemplo de la historia de FESFUT abusando de su poder y evitando que el fútbol de El Salvador crezca. Con suerte, este es el comienzo de cada federación que rinde cuentas.

Solicitamos seguidores, clubes, jugadores que firmen la carta abierta y que protesten pacíficamente compartiendo el símbolo predominantemente #FUERAFESFUT.

Pedimos que los líderes empresariales y los líderes deportivos se pongan de pie y brinden el apoyo para traer una nueva era de positividad al fútbol de El Salvador.

Esto significa poner donde está tu boca, lo que significa poner tus palabras y teoría en práctica no solo algo que dices con la mano.

Saludos cordiales

Comunidad futbolística de El Salvador

Apologies if the spanish is a bit rough wrote this on my phone, if someone can look over it breifly to ensure what I was trying to say translate well in spanish that would be greatly appreciated.

Because once I get the whole clear I will be sending this via Twitter and facebook (positng and tagging on every club, team page and players bio)

Willsant87 repped this.
  14. WhyMe

WhyMe Member

Nov 7, 2015
    NYC
    The NT is dead and damn near every player of this generation is a bust.

We may as well be Guatemala. I don't see another real chance at a WC until at least two cycles from 2022!

15. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I put the small changes that i think were required. Hopefully it’s good enough, if anyone wants to input more, then obviously any help is acceptable

16. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    956466256428724225 is not a valid tweet id

Willsant87 repped this.
  17. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Gotta tag everybody now

Willsant87 repped this.
  18. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Can Coca get a callup for any NT games? He been on fire and he deserves some recognition.

Willsant87 repped this.
  19. ElChero

ElChero Member

Feb 16, 2012
    Nope. There's no coach to make a callup.

20. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    *sigh*

961308874002370560 is not a valid tweet id

Blue_nation724 repped this.
  21. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Images are not loading for me for some reason. What’s going on?

22. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Sadly. But this tournament is his. Let’s hooe he can continue this great form.

Apparently, FESFUT didn’t accept a friendly game vs Saudi Arabia and missed out on a FREE 80 mil $. Then again in Jan, FESFUT didn’t answer to play a friendly against Australia. So it looks like they were already planning on getting rid of Lara much before they said so.

23. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    The equivalent of burning money.

24. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia

I’m actually speechless.

Does FESFUT not know that there’s a Salvadoran diaspora in Australia? It’s a tiny community unlike in USA or Canada, but they could’ve organised a game in Sydney, Melbourne, or Adelaide (not sure what the Salvadoran population is like in the other major cities), and they would’ve gotten good crowds.

25. DotNelsonDot

DotNelsonDot Member

Jun 11, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    After a quiet year, El Salvador was ranked 87 in FIFA rankings for the month of March, if I'm not mistaken, this is our highest rank yet?