National Team Thread: 2017 Edition

Discussion in 'El Salvador' started by La Trucha, Dec 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Sorry, tbh the NT was kind of 'meh' since i dont see much change. Dont see us going past the first stage again, so I was focusing on other stuff

2. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    No worries i was half-kidding. Tbh you'd be happy to know the statistics this year show we're already performing a lot better than we did last year. We're scoring more and have won a couple games thus far.

3. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    It would almost be impossible not to improve from the horror show that Primi had going. I hope Lara stays on for a few years. Even though results at the youth level have been a massive disappointment we really need some consistency

4. DotNelsonDot

DotNelsonDot Member

Jun 11, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Ecuador up 1-0 HT

5. SamKnight

SamKnight Member+

Los Angeles Football Club
    United States
    Aug 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    losing 2-0 at min 62

6. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Posting from the gym, can someone post a live stream here pls? I'm about to go home now

Grazie

7. SamKnight

SamKnight Member+

United States
    Aug 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I'm watching on tv

8. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Nothing on the line though. >_>

psss... I know you meant to post this in the Honduras thread.

9. SamKnight

SamKnight Member+

United States
    Aug 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    yes i have both threads open and the Honduras game about to start, that's why i deleted that comment.

10. halfnhalf89

halfnhalf89 Member+

Aug 19, 2008
    This team is awful, they showed nothing, no progress.

Willsant87 repped this.
  11. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    New coach, same problems. Its sad actually.

Willsant87 repped this.
  12. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Punishment handed down by CONCACAF

Meanwhile the US players that did even worse fouls go off going about their business.

Willsant87 repped this.
  13. mavericks67

mavericks67 Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Club:
    Alianza FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Hello guys, Bichos Unidos has proposed FESFUT to pay Eduardo Lara's salary if they can not afford to pay it. Our president Hector was on YSKL this morning and put out the statement. This will be done by donations from people like me and you and impresarios. More news to come but the fans can't take this any more and we have to stand up and keep the process going.

14. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I personally feel the safer route would be that Bichos Unidos and any other benefactor pay the smallest amount. If FESFUT were to say okay they would want to pay the smallest percentage I bet.

15. mavericks67

mavericks67 Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Club:
    Alianza FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Ok so our president will have his chance to talk to FESFUT tommorow precisely Hugo and Rajo. I need some help, im going to give our president a sheet with a plan of what we are asking from Lara since there will no action with the main team. Fesfut will most likely point that out before poiting out that they are broke and have no money for lara and his staff. Therefore we need a plan to counter FESFUT. Im leaning towars having Lara work with the youth and setting up a long term
    System for the them to develop. That and some friendlies with the main team should keep the Lara proxeaa going. BkR or Brk where are you I always liked your plans. Any plans are welcomed, sorry for
    Short notice.

Btw If this turns out good we have talk about fixing up the fields as well.

16. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Depends like what are the plans for like short term 3-4 years, long term 3-4 years, overall structural change, domestic league or just the national team system?

17. mavericks67

mavericks67 Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Club:
    Alianza FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Todo BRK inC, write me you think in Spanish and I'll pass it down to our president of the group and have him present it to Rajo. We need a plan to succeed long term in everything which in the end will help the National Team. Will be awaiting you're response, gracias.

18. mavericks67

mavericks67 Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Club:
    Alianza FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    HUgo Carillo today in fanaticos+ 10:30 pm central time and 9:30 hora de El salvador. Good news regarding Lara.

19. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Particular timeline needed by hahaha sorry just started a new job and wont get the free time to do it until friday

20. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    So for making it into the quarterfinals FESFUT received 125K but they ended up with a deficit of 173K.

Man the amount they made from the friendlies, I always thought it was more I guess they just have to throw themselves at the first offer.

21. mavericks67

mavericks67 Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Club:
    Alianza FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    The promoter(s) pays fesfut a set amount for each friendly which is not much if you think about it think Hugo said $100,000 per game or $50? The promoters pays for security and stadium rental. There for fesfut makes no profit of the tickets or parking. They need to just simply maybe cut the promoter and do all the logistics themselves.

22. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    30k for honduras? Damn, thats bad lol. With the negative in the bank, FESFIT will be pushing the proragatove of no money at all. Maybe its time to start playing home games! Wouldnt cost as much, maybe we can find some quality teams to play as well

23. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Unfortunately they tried that and it ended in a deficit also ticket sales just don't move in ES. To us the prices might not seem like much but given the economic situation they lose out also doesn't help that scalpers are still around and not much FESFUT can do about it.

They need to charge more but probably won't because of fear of losing out any chance at making money in the states to Honduras, I would have added Guatemala but with the suspension they are out of the equation.

24. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    This is why a massive review needs to be has, seriouslu they need to hire better people (the fact we struggle to get sponsors and not make profits astounds me). The major problem there is no accountsbility I mean if this happened in other countries whetehr big omes like australia or tiny ones like panama and costa rica, they would have already sacked the people.

25. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Friendly vs Canada in one of the FIFA dates in October. Hopefully we get one more in, since we couldn't get any in these FIFA dates.