National Team Thread: 2017 Edition

Discussion in 'El Salvador' started by La Trucha, Dec 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Mayen, Oscar, Darwin, Alas, Nelson, maybe even Benji? Fito could/should be included.

Yeah, but even then you cant imagine a whole lot of players wouldve missed.

Irving scoring the only goal is ironic. The only guy to actually shoot on frame and goal.
    Didnt like how we gave the ball to Nica afterwards. Sat back and tried to protect. Only reason we won is because while Nica has made great strides in their soccer, they are still missing a little more.

2. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    The awkward moment when Fito performed better than Bonilla. Fito managed the one thing Bonilla couldn't do, and that was to score.

Bonilla was terrible with all those shots he wasted.

SamKnight repped this.
  3. DotNelsonDot

DotNelsonDot Member

Jun 11, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    El Salvador placed third.

SamKnight and Blue_nation724 repped this.
  4. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    El salvador performance: third place, two wins, 1 draw and two losses (scored five goals and four goals against)

positives
    transitional plays and passing looked good
    defence showed grit escepially since they are so young (average age of defence was 23, compared to midfield which was 25, forwards at 26 and keepers at 28)
    several players stood up: Benji Villalobos, Gerson Mayen, Roberto Dominguez (voted best young player in the tournament), Henry Romeo and Even Rodolfo Zelaya showed why he is so dangerous.
    despite lack of preparation, fitness and few players dropped out like Milton Molina and Alexander Mendoza we managed to qualify to the gold cup.

Negatives
    the drop of form of some of players like Nelson Bonilla, Pablo Punyed and others
    our inability to score goals, so many games was lost due to not scoring (games we could have won the honduras game and games like panama and costa rica we should have won)
    once again our ill discpline cost us we lost four players to red cards, maybe the ref were against but this is common for our players who lose temper easy.
    this was our best chance to win the tournament and yet we didnt take advantafe, maybe one day i will see us win a tournament

5. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  6. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    slaminsams and Willsant87 repped this.
  7. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    If it's a Liga MX team then I'm cool with it. Better than nothing for sure.

8. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Sure better than nothing, but a club? They wont take it serious. The club is in season anyways, they wont use their good players

9. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    A good chance to throw in half a group of young players and half of experience players in the Salvadoran league that haven't gotten a chance yet to experiment with players. This could get some players experience and scouted.

10. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    SamKnight and halfnhalf89 repped this.
  11. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Zavaleta has been a name that is often mentioned so I won't believe it until it's on an official call-up he can forget about Perez I think he is happy representing the Yanks.

Edit: they would all need to do the one time switch though so that will take time.

12. halfnhalf89

halfnhalf89 Member+

Aug 19, 2008
    Zavaleta had a strong season with Toronto so the fact that Bruce Arena never called him up for USA versus Serbia means he probably won't ever be considered. He would definitely be an upgrade on defence.

13. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    As long as Dominguez isnt messed with. Romero played really well this UNCAF though

SamKnight repped this.
  14. SamKnight

SamKnight Member+

Los Angeles Football Club
    United States
    Aug 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I would be very surprised if we manage to get Joshua Perez.

William Flores and La Trucha repped this.
  15. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I wouldn't be surprised. Perez doesn't have a permanent spot in the youth teams. It's on and off. Nothing been rumored he will be on the starting team either for U.S. youth team.

Amando Moreno, when he was younger was saying he would choose USA over El Salvador and that he considers himself more Mexican than Salvadoran. Now time has gone by and hasn't been a concrete player for the youth and adult team for USA. Juan Carlos Osorio, says he's interested in Amando Moreno to join the national team to play against Mexican clubs too in the United States. I doubt he will be played often or be a starter for the national team. It would probably benefit him more playing for El Salvador but I highly doubt he will join. It seems he considers himself more Mexican-American than Salvadoran-American.

16. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I think that has more to do that Joshua wants to cement a spot with Fiorentina than anything else.

Heres a thing. If someone isnt proud to rep the Blue of ES, why call them? Yes, i understand theyll help our NT. But if they arent proud then why bother? Then we will end up having the case of AA who doesnt wanna come back to the NT, and leaves us searching for a quick fix. Better to have players who will give their all.

17. SamKnight

SamKnight Member+

United States
    Aug 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    When it comes to AA i sorta understand his reasoning considering that he has beef with the federation and frustration with the NT, I mean he is one the few of the old guard thtat did not sell out.

18. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I don't think it's that they don't have some Salvadoran pride to play for the national team. I think the main reason is how disorganized the federation is. There's no positive support towards players, proper staffs, national hotel looks like a dump, they don't pay ticket flights for their abroad players, and the list goes on. Saying they wouldn't sweat blue and white is bit of shaming/guilt them for not wanting to play in a mess, when they have the option to play somewhere better. They might express their pride outside of playing for a national team. Either with culture, watching their national team play, and etc. I'd think most of you if you were in their boots would understand and make the same decision too. Alvarez is probably just done with the national team with everything he had to deal with. Having to be almost surrounded twice by fixed games, watched from a far with his coincidental "injuries" around the same time.

SamKnight repped this.
  19. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    New coach, new NT. The feds wont change. Darwin, Nelson, Menjivar, Renderos, many players have had to deal with the same feds. They still come and play.
    Same as I told SamKnight. He isnt the only one. Wont be the last. If you really want to help, youre gonna help. Simple.

20. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Darwin, Renderos, and Nelson are born there. Menjivar playing in 2nd division and probably for a bit more money for the national team. Alvarez might have had a chance with the U.S. team maybe not as a starter once he started playing Portugal or Hungary. Could have felt that time with El Salvador was for nothing.

We can't assume unless we here a full in depth interview from the player or if anyone personally knows these players.

SamKnight repped this.
  21. SamKnight

SamKnight Member+

United States
    Aug 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Sorry dude but i have to disagree, Renderos,Darwin and Nelson are all Salvadoran nationals and Menjivar is a 2nd division player that has zero chance to play for the USA.

Arturo lived through a horrible situation of having his teamates sell out for money, and have a federation that has been a cluster ******** for along time even after the match fixing scandal, unlike the rest of those guys he has a long career of playing 1st divison soccer and at his current age I don't blame him for focusing on his club career instead of the NT.

It sucks but I don't really blame him or other dual nationals for having no interest or jumping at the opportunity to play for us.

Futbol E.S. Por Vida repped this.
  22. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Agree to disagree. Personally, i feel like if you dont wear the Blue and White of ES, or proudly wear the colors of any NT you might play for, then maybe its best you dont don the jersey at all.

SamKnight and slaminsams repped this.
  23. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    #Amistoso | CONFIRMADO
    @LaSelecta_SLV vs @CDOlimpia 26 de marzo en el @BBVACompassStdm https://t.co/ga2Xh5TZqn

Smh

SamKnight repped this.
  24. SamKnight

SamKnight Member+

United States
    Aug 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Cant believe that we are resorting to playing clubs.

25. halfnhalf89

halfnhalf89 Member+

Aug 19, 2008
    Lol This a joke, I bet the Mexican clubs they may play will be from the 2nd division